Chandler vs Oliveira is it going the distance?

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Also who are u rooting for? I’m neutral on this one because they both are amazing fighters honestly.

Nah i think a finish is more likely. Either a submission win for Oliveira or a KO/TKO for Chandler.

Doubt it, considering one has the stoppages record (i think) in the UFC and the other usually comes to bang doubt it, even if the tries to wrestlefuck Oliveira that might end up in a submission anyway, it will end by some form of KO.

Highly doubt it but sometimes these fights which seem destined to end inside the distance actually do go the distance. Both guys are good finishers though and they mostly lose by finish as well.

We could totally see Oliviera play it safe and just pick Chandler apart from the outside with total control of the fight.

Both guys are awesome and I can't wait to watch this one - legally, I don't need no Dana smoke.

I think there's a fair chance. It's a very important fight for both of them.

Vegas seems to think under 4.5 is a lock and I tend to agree. If it makes it to the cards I suspect it’s a good night for Charlie Olives.

I think Charles either hurts and submits Chandler early like in the first round OR Charles eventually wilts and gives up later in the fight to Chandlers pressure.

I think Charles either hurts and submits Chandler early like in the first round OR Charles eventually wilts and gives up later in the fight to Chandlers pressure.

Funny, I was going to say the exact opposite. Chandler catches him early or gets tired from scrambles and Oliveira subs him late. Guess that shows how close this fight is.

As of now I got Charles to squeeze a wind pipe or limb and take that belt, I really do like Chandler seems like a good guy but Charles as been on this side of fence for a long, long, time working for this moment. Just can't see him letting anyone especially a new comer after 1 fight to cockblock him from the belt.

Charles has 27 UFC fights and 3 decisions. None 5 rounds. He's as much of a glass cannon as a lightweight can be.

Under no circumstance does this go 25 minutes

Both guys are awesome and I can't wait to watch this one - legally, I don't need no Dana smoke.

maxresdefault.jpg

Funny, I was going to say the exact opposite. Chandler catches him early or gets tired from scrambles and Oliveira subs him late. Guess that shows how close this fight is.

I guess I could kind of see that also. I just think if this becomes a war of wills that Charles will break before Chandler but again I have no fucking idea and i'm really excited for this match up. Not only is it a fucking great match up but because the stakes are so high it makes it even more intriguing.

I doubt it. I’m not cheering for either guy. I’d be good with either guy winning a good clean fight. Leaning towards Chandler by TKO, though.

Oliveira by SUB
I see this have similarities to the Kevin Lee fight. Oliveira finds success on the feet and won't necessarily KO Chandler, but do enough to provoke a takedown, which is what happened in rds 2 and 3 with FKL after being pieced up.

Hooker vs Chandler was different because Chandler did not have to worry about a TD or any ground game at all.
Chandler having to split his attention between defending the takedown and strikes will play a big part here.
Just like Adasanya vs Blachowicz

Back