Chandler vs. Gaethje potentially in jeopardy due to vaccine requirements in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Get the shot tomorrow and then 2-4 or whatever it was for the second and you're done. You don't even need an appointment for these things. They'll hand them out like candy.

Oh look, just another idiot that doesnt want to get the vaccine, only in the US folks, only in the US, now we know the UFC doesnt have any vaccine requirements.
Keep up that attitude and let the government tell you what to do.
Only idiot I see here is you. Keep buying into this Covid bullshit. Shows us all who the weak ones are.

With all due respect, but declining to get vaccinated at this point is quite frankly stupid.

Come one Chandler...

What a stupid thing to say ^

The numbers suggest anyone under 80 has a 99.9 percent chance of survival.....so why put an experimental agent that they're not liable for into your body ....no jabs for me - my choice .....you do you

100 years ago when flu jab was made it was immediately distributed, people didnt wait to have 'feedback" It is just an excuse.
People are becoming retarded. Internet is atform for idiots and they just keep influencing other simple people.

Edward Jenner’s innovations, begun with his successful 1796 use of cowpox material to create immunity to smallpox, quickly made the practice widespread. His method underwent medical and technological changes over the next 200 years, and eventually resulted in the eradication of smallpox.

Louis Pasteur’s 1885 rabies vaccine was the next to make an impact on human disease. And then, at the dawn of bacteriology, developments rapidly followed. Antitoxins and vaccines against diphtheria, tetanus, anthrax, cholera, plague, typhoid, tuberculosis, and more were developed through the 1930s.

Do you know what se simpler people thought would happen when the first smallpox vaccine was administered? They thought horns will start to grow on their heads.
So simple people now think the rmna shot will change their DNA, make them unfertile etc. Some parts of society are becoming stupid like in the 18 th century.

Hopefully this thread is going to be good and I'm not joking.

We should be able to have an open discussion and hear everyone's side.
I'm sure we'll get along and have the same mentality.

mRNA “vaccines” have never been approved for human use before. There’s no long term studies and no one knows what effects they will have on people in years to come.

the fact that people want others to give up the right to their own body to make themselves feel comfortable is disturbing, to say the least.
It's true.

A bunch of bullies that need to mind their own business.

People are becoming retarded. Internet is atform for idiots and they just keep influencing other simple people.

Edward Jenner’s innovations, begun with his successful 1796 use of cowpox material to create immunity to smallpox, quickly made the practice widespread. His method underwent medical and technological changes over the next 200 years, and eventually resulted in the eradication of smallpox.

Louis Pasteur’s 1885 rabies vaccine was the next to make an impact on human disease. And then, at the dawn of bacteriology, developments rapidly followed. Antitoxins and vaccines against diphtheria, tetanus, anthrax, cholera, plague, typhoid, tuberculosis, and more were developed through the 1930s.

Do you know what se simpler people thought would happen when the first smallpox vaccine was administered? They thought horns will start to grow on their heads.
So simple people now think the rmna shot will change their DNA, make them unfertile etc. Some parts of society are becoming stupid like in the 18 th century.
I would be more then ok if it made SOME people infertile

You should really just get a vaccine at this point it’s becoming an intelligence test. Don’t be one of those guys.

I'm sure they'll just find another venue if the vaccination status will be an issue

mRNA “vaccines” have never been approved for human use before. There’s no long term studies and no one knows what effects they will have on people in years to come.

the fact that people want others to give up the right to their own body to make themselves feel comfortable is disturbing, to say the least.
He can do whatever he wants with his own body in his own home, if he is going to be in NY, then he knows what he has to do, you dont change the rules of the places you go, you either comply or dont go there.

lol Chandler's wife is a fucking nurse. Gtfo with your anti-vax bullshit.
It’s not even “anti-vax,” though. That’s the thing. I don’t know why people being legitimately skeptical about specifically the COVID vaccine has gotten turned into a “you’re an anti-vaxxer” thing. There’s a huge, fundamental difference between what Michael Chandler is saying right here vs. what someone like Jenny McCarthy has gone on tangents about. There’s a big difference between “let me get the most information I can on this specific vaccine” vs. “vaccines cause autism!” He just wants to be informed, which is honestly the smart thing for people to do. I say this as someone who works in health care and doesn’t have a horse in this race. My attitude is that if you want to get the vaccine, go for it. If you don’t want to, don’t do it. If you want to, but you’re skeptical, do your due diligence first and then go for it when you feel you have enough information. I don’t think you should just blindly do it because the TV man said so and people are being guilt-tripping robots online. I also think purposefully not getting it to make some kind of political statement a la “suck it, liberals!” is silly and ignorant. Be smart about it, but make the right choice for YOU.

I cant get the vaccine without certain risks because of a blood issue. (Clotting) well actually I can, but if there are any complications my doctor told me there is nothing I could do against the vaccine makers and knowing I have this pre existing condition the insurance would most likely not cover me if I experience complications from said vaccine. Great system huh? So what can I do? Just protect myself best I can. Ivermectin, HCQ, Aziromicin. Etc. They're talking about medications that can knock out covid in 2-3 days which is great, and leaves no more excuses. But please be informed that people like me and the anti vaxxers are essentially in the same boat. Me not by choice. So I have to look into therapeutics etc.

My wife and son are in the same situation that you are. Their blood disorders mean the vaccine has a greater chance of harming them then the disease itself. But they'd be lumped into the "anti-vax" crowd because people don't see that there are real reasons that otherwise healthy looking people choose not to get it.

Oh look, just another idiot that doesnt want to get the vaccine, only in the US folks, only in the US, now we know the UFC doesnt have any vaccine requirements.
Not only in the us dude, trust me here in France a shit ton of people don't want to get the vaccine too

Seems myopic but it's his call. Wonder if the NYT will lump him in with anti vaxxers or the "wait and see" group that they extended to minorities

There are not severe forms of COVID, unless you want to classify the delta variant as such. There are severe symptoms. Severe symptoms in Chandler's age category and health status are virtually zero, statistically. The vaccines are approved to be safe, but also approved for use without the ability to sue for damages. So, there is nothing wrong with trepidation about it. Statistically is it safer to get the vaccine? On a whole, yes, and I wouldn't advise someone not to get it, but as an individual he has relatively the same risk as suffering a benign side effect such as bells palsy (which would impact training) as he does getting severe symptoms, which again, is basically 0.

Being healthy does 100% help you, that is a complete falsehood. I've worked the ER/ICU for the last 18 months during this pandemic and honestly (subjective experience here) have not seen or taken care of a healthy young male or female with severe COVID symptoms, they're all discharge home and quarantine. Now, obese/smoker/etc., yes. This is a small sample size, I'm not sure on how many I've seen but it's certainly at least in the several hundred range at minimum, maybe over 1,000. I don't know, it's been a long couple years.

Also, I think you need to refamiliarize yourself with the delta variant and vaccinations. The current data suggest that the viral loads are not impacted by vaccination, or maybe minimally. The vaccine is also not nearly as effective at prevention with this variant.

Do I think there's harm in getting the vaccine? Nah. Do I think it's safer than being vaccinated? Yes. But in this particular case, I think the likelihood of a negative outcome one way or the other are essentially equal. He's put forth a reasonable perspective on why he's waiting to receive the vaccine and he is his own medical proponent, as he should be.
My sister works in a hospital as well in the ICU, everyone who got hospitalized or died from COVID under the age of 50 was obese or had some other serious medical conditions. The false narrative from the media that young healthy adults or children can die from COVID is a 1 in million chance or even more.

These vaccines were develop in a fraction of the time others have taken, due to Trump's operation warpspeed. If people are skeptical of a vaccine that was developed in mere months I dont blame them at all.

Even if the FDA approves it, the FDA is as crooked as the CIA, FBI, WHO and any other alphabet mafia agency.
This leaves out the fact that they're based on vaccines we had for a long time, so they weren't developed from scratch in the short amount of time you're speaking of.

Pfizer could potentially gain full approval within a matter of weeks. Maybe Chandler doesn't realize that or maybe his reasoning goalposts will move at that point.
Exactly. They could give it full FDA approval before Nov.
But Mr Chandler seems *resolute* in his no-vaccine-for-me stance.

Sorry but.....if you don't wanna have a simple jab (twice) then you cannot play. Get someone else to fight Gaethje, someone who actually wants to fight, to earn money and also, wants to not die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back