Chandler vs. Gaethje potentially in jeopardy due to vaccine requirements in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are not severe forms of COVID, unless you want to classify the delta variant as such. There are severe symptoms. Severe symptoms in Chandler's age category and health status are virtually zero, statistically. The vaccines are approved to be safe, but also approved for use without the ability to sue for damages. So, there is nothing wrong with trepidation about it. Statistically is it safer to get the vaccine? On a whole, yes, and I wouldn't advise someone not to get it, but as an individual he has relatively the same risk as suffering a benign side effect such as bells palsy (which would impact training) as he does getting severe symptoms, which again, is basically 0.

Tell that to all those people who suffered from pneumonia, had to be intubed, died, still suffer from it months later. Yes there is such thing as severe Covid forms. Google Nick Cordero.

Imagine throwing away potentially millions because you are anti-vax. What an idiot.

Well in his own words he's not anti-vax he just wants it to be approved first. To me it doesn't make sense anyway because it's not like the vaccine is going to change between now and next month when it gets FDA approval.

100 years ago when flu jab was made it was immediately distributed, people didnt wait to have 'feedback" It is just an excuse.

It takes years of studies to find out what the actual side effects are. With all due respect blindly accepting chemicals into your body because the government says so is quite frankly stupid.
I'm pretty sure that potential side effects in years to come from getting vaccinated can be ruled out - certainly to such an extent, so that it's clear that a death/long lasting damage from covid-19 is much, much likelier, than getting that from the vaccine.

What also needs to be taken into account, is that from what i recall, there have been vaccines against earlier forms of this type of virus, plus there's most likely also a lot of understanding about the vaccines since these types of vaccines are not something entirely new at all.

Tell that to all those people who suffered from pneumonia, had to be intubed, died, still suffer from it months later. Yes there is such thing as severe Covid forms. Google Nick Cordero.

Pneumonia is a physiologic manifestation of a viral infection. It's a symptom.

People who had to be intubated suffered from symptoms such as shortness of breath, decreased oxygenation in their blood on blood gas analysis, difficulty breathing, ineffective gas exchange due to pneumonia, etc. -- symptoms.

I have had COVID and spent a week in the ICU. Because of my symptoms, not because I had a different form of the virus, but because I was diabetic and in relatively poor health at the time.

As far as Cordero goes, idk, can't speak to his health but it's odd that he got an amputation during hospitalization. I'd like to know his health history and smoking/alcohol intake.

I'm pretty sure that potential side effects in years to come from getting vaccinated can be ruled out - certainly to such an extent, so that it's clear that a death/long lasting damage from covid-19 is much, much likelier, than getting that from the vaccine.

What also needs to be taken into account, is that from what i recall, there have been vaccines against earlier forms of this type of virus, plus there's most likely also a lot of understanding about the vaccines since these types of vaccines are not something entirely new at all.

While this is basically true, the one variable you can't account for is time from vaccination. We're learning that as we go with the virus and will, too with the vaccine.

Not sure why everyone is giving Chandler shit about the vaccine. Hell I got the Pfizer vaccine and I work as a medic but I totally understand why anyone wouldn’t want to.

For one thing this is the first ever large scale mRNA vaccine and it was pretty rushed. Not the usual “inject dead virus in” type vaccine, more like “rewrite what some cell function is” type vaccine.

Imagine throwing away potentially millions because you are anti-vax. What an idiot.
I cant get the vaccine without certain risks because of a blood issue. (Clotting) well actually I can, but if there are any complications my doctor told me there is nothing I could do against the vaccine makers and knowing I have this pre existing condition the insurance would most likely not cover me if I experience complications from said vaccine. Great system huh? So what can I do? Just protect myself best I can. Ivermectin, HCQ, Aziromicin. Etc. They're talking about medications that can knock out covid in 2-3 days which is great, and leaves no more excuses. But please be informed that people like me and the anti vaxxers are essentially in the same boat. Me not by choice. So I have to look into therapeutics etc.

These vaccines were develop in a fraction of the time others have taken, due to Trump's operation warpspeed. If people are skeptical of a vaccine that was developed in mere months I dont blame them at all.

Even if the FDA approves it, the FDA is as crooked as the CIA, FBI, WHO and any other alphabet mafia agency.

He's got other things to worry about too if he tries to bring his kids with him...

Michael Chandler has concerns about whether his fight with Justin Gaethje will go forward as planned if the UFC attempts to host it in New York.

The looming issue, however, are the newly placed mandates in the state that require proof of vaccination for indoor dining, fitness and entertainment events. A UFC event would fall into the latter category, and that could prove problematic for Chandler.

“I just saw that New York is dropping some heavy mandates on the city of New York City,” Chandler said Wednesday on Instagram Live. “Basically, they’re requiring you to be vaccinated (and) show proof of vaccination for indoor dining, indoor fitness and indoor performances and entertainment. Obviously a UFC card, a UFC fight being thrown at Madison Square Garden is considered indoor entertainment and indoor performance. I will not be vaccinated at that point. I don’t know how many fighters, if I was to fight on that Nov. 6 card – or whoever is fighting on Nov. 6 at Madison Square Garden – I don’t know how many fighters will be vaccinated. I don’t really have a tally on who is or isn’t.

“It’s not that I’m anti-vax. It’s not that I don’t believe in the vaccine, necessarily. I’m just not going to get the vaccine until it’s 100 percent FDA approved. We’ve had hundreds of clinical trials, just like we had the vaccines that my son has had – measles and chicken pox and all of the vaccines that have been around for 100 years that have been proven. We shall see. I don’t know what’s going to happen. More than anything, the chances of the UFC being able to sell out Madison Square Garden with only people that are vaccinated really cuts down their ability to sell out Madison Square Garden. So I don’t really know. I think it calls into question if Madison Square Garden will actually happen, to be honest with you guys. The UFC is brilliant and geniuses at putting things together and putting their fights together. But as I said, I’m not anti-vaccine. I think vaccines are effective. I think it’s everybody’s choice whether they want to take the vaccine. I won’t be vaccinated by Nov. 6, so I won’t be able to perform or entertain at Madison Square Garden. So we shall see.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/08/ufc-268-michael-chandler-not-vaccinated-new-york-mandates-justin-gaethje-fight-canceled?utm_source=MMAalley&utm_medium=My New Route&utm_campaign=dlvr.it.spon
The fact that he's not already vaccinated is absurd and his own fault.

He can do it literally at any time

No worries, move it to a later PPV

mRNA “vaccines” have never been approved for human use before. There’s no long term studies and no one knows what effects they will have on people in years to come.

the fact that people want others to give up the right to their own body to make themselves feel comfortable is disturbing, to say the least.

No it isn't. He's young and healthy. You can still get the delta variant while vaccinated and you're still contagious. On top of that, waiting for FDA approval is a decent line to draw in the sand.

That being said, I wouldn't be hanging around any geriatrics if I wasn't vaxxed. Or at this point, even if I am, since it doesn't matter.
You can get it buy it won't be nearly as bad.

Frankly, the ufc should mandates the vaccine if they can

Smh, I thought Chandler was smarter than that. At this point you should demand the vaccine, not avoiding it

lol Chandler's wife is a fucking nurse. Gtfo with your anti-vax bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back