Chandler vs. Gaethje off for MSG appearance because Chandler won't get Vaccine

Should Chandler get the COVID 19 vaccine?

• Total voters
He duck Islam to get the Justin fight only to come up with an excuse on why he can't fight him too, if he loses another fight, he can kiss any title shots good bye. So yes I believe its a duck.

Why did he initially agree to the fight? I think he signed the contract, yeah?

No vaccine, no fight.

We should not support selfish cunts who don't care about the nurses and other medical personnel they may put at risk. Fuck em.

Those should indeed be a paramount consideration, but this guy is also presumably in close contact with training partners.

It will help with herd immunity. Events are going on everywhere in every state. If people are worried they can wear their mask and get a vaccine. Most people already got covid already as well so they would have the same temporary immunity just like vaccinated people. So your great idea is what? More lockdowns? Then what? Repeat the open and lockdown cycle over and over again? That's your great plan genius? I guess the 2 years of lockdowns isn't enough data for you to realize it doesn't work.

How you like them apples?
Important to remember the lockdowns were not designed to stop the spread of the disease in the same sense as a vaccine or herd immunity would. That’s just not how epidemiology works. It was to allow the healthcare infrastructure to survive the onslaught

So lets just continue this pandemic indefinitely because you're too lazy to get 2 shots?

dude how is this pandemic going to stop if you get sick even if you get vaccinated?
By getting the covid.
Doesn't matter if you are vaxed or not, you will still get it. See links and sources in the previous posts.
When enough people get it (~75%), herd immunity will develop, and only then the pandemic will stop.
It is unfortunate, but that's the way it works.

He doesn't have to get it, but he also has to realize it limits where and when he can fight etc.

Same with bands, they don't need to get it, but if you want to tour internationally, you either get it or don't tour. Simple reality of it. Many other countries require certain vaccinations in order to enter as well, this is nothing really new.

Lol fuck off with this clickbait title, the fight isn't cancelled. How has this douche not been carded yet?

Important to remember the lockdowns were not designed to stop the spread of the disease in the same sense as a vaccine or herd immunity would. That’s just not how epidemiology works. It was to allow the healthcare infrastructure to survive the onslaught

yes, although the officials didn't tell us, the restrictive measures in most cases were to prevent a huge number of newly infected that will clog the hospitals.
everybody will eventually get the covid. vaxxed or not. nobody is telling us that too, with few exceptions.

@youllneverwalkalone
What you showed me was the commercial and theoretical data. I showed you real life CDC study data. In theory its all good, in practice CDC and all the other countries' officials say the same thing: the vaccine is totally ineffective in preventing disease. But it will lower the symptoms so that's good. If you want you can get the vaccine. If you don't want it, don't get it. All the people forcing the others to get it or not get it should just stop. Its not in their powers to decide, its a personal choice, like everything else in life.

@FIghtxIQ
Yes, unfortunately with or without the vaccine, the herd immunity through acquiring the disease seems to be the only way. We are here because of the herd immunity that has been developed for hundreds of millenia. It seems to be how immunity works. Vaccines only help a little bit to lower the impact, but don't prevent diseases. The vaccinated get sick just as easy as the unvaccinated. Once they get the corona they should get lifelong immunity and when enough people get the covid this pandemic should stop.
Overall I appreciate your efforts and even though I don’t think you’re interpreting the data correctly, you aren’t spouting off stupidity based on tin foil theories

but, you’re flat out wrong about the the transmission rate among vaccinated people. It virtually halted the alpha variant in its tracks. It’s not as effective on the delta variant but it wasn’t designed for that. I also disagree that the vaccine is useless against the delta variant in terms of transmission as I think you’re interpreting the data wrong but we’ve already gone down that path
But I’ve yet to see a single study or pundit claim that the infectious rate of the alpha variant is the same among vaccinated vs unvaccinated folks

What are you talking about? Wouldn't that make it one of the safest places to hold an event?
no.
1. vaccines don't prevent the disease. see previous posts.
2. many fans and fighters won't get the vaccines (~40%). This is very bad for business.

Yea. I’m a physician so they always call me trying to egg me on into a war with things like “can you believe I have to get this thing in order to go back to the office??”

I just try and change the subject. My opinion isn’t going do anything except piss them off. And I enjoy them as my friends so I try to keep them as such and not take their bait lol

As a friend and physician, don't you feel any responsibility to explain to them the rationale behind the vaccination campaign?

Overall I appreciate your efforts and even though I don’t think you’re interpreting the data correctly, you aren’t spouting off stupidity based on tin foil theories

but, you’re flat out wrong about the the transmission rate among vaccinated people. It virtually halted the alpha variant in its tracks. It’s not as effective on the delta variant but it wasn’t designed for that. I also disagree that the vaccine is useless against the delta variant in terms of transmission as I think you’re interpreting the data wrong but we’ve already gone down that path
But I’ve yet to see a single study or pundit claim that the infectious rate of the alpha variant is the same among vaccinated vs unvaccinated folks

there is no proof that it stopped the aplha variant too. In so many countries the alpha variant was down to zero, without any vaccines. The disease comes in waves.

It will help with herd immunity. Events are going on everywhere in every state. If people are worried they can wear their mask and get a vaccine. Most people already got covid already as well so they would have the same temporary immunity just like vaccinated people. So your great idea is what? More lockdowns? Then what? Repeat the open and lockdown cycle over and over again? That's your great plan genius? I guess the 2 years of lockdowns isn't enough data for you to realize it doesn't work.

How you like them apples?
Loads of crap. Herd immunity is BS, it's just letting people die and put a fancy name on it. And the states with lowest vaccination rate are also the one with highest comordities (obesity, cardiovascular diseases), so yeah, genius idea.

Plan is simple: Get vaccinated and do all the stuff you want. Or stay at home with your tin foil hat on. It works in the UK, works in Israel. No lockdown over there, everything is open, no mask, complete freedom.

Lol. You clearly don’t have a background in science to understand how to interpret those statistics. The more important and applicable statistic is the one quoted later in that article. That 99% of hospitalizations come from those who are not vaccinated
Why do you care so much if others take the risk of being hospitalized? You don't see me going around crying about people not wanting to wear a helmet on a motor cycle.

As a friend and physician, don't you feel any responsibility to explain to them the rationale behind the vaccination campaign?
I’ve tried. But it’s like spitting in the wind after a while. And what’s even worse is that I myself, a super healthy individual in my 30s, who works out 6 days a week and has zero medical comorbidities, got COVID last year and ended up in the hospital with a pulmonary embolism. And they all witnessed that

What a stupid poll. If he doesn't want to take it then he shouldn't. Simple as.

Imagine advocating injection of a man-made substance by force. Then you're on the same page as Mao Zedong etc.

Lol fuck off with this clickbait title, the fight isn't cancelled. How has this douche not been carded yet?

Did I say the fight was cancelled?
The title is accurate, it's off for Madison Square Garden, you can't do it in New York if you aint vaccinated.

Back