Chandler vs Bendo 2 Bellator 243 Aug.7th

If that is the case, then he wins it by keeping it standing. AJ doesnt have the best takedowns, as long as Cris keeps it standing he should coast to a decision.
cris’ kicks are underrated. If he can mix up his kicks and punches enough to not be predictable then AJ won’t be able to grab a leg and drag him
Down. Cris’ TDD isn’t bad either. Interesting fight for sure

cris’ kicks are underrated. If he can mix up his kicks and punches enough to not be predictable then AJ won’t be able to grab a leg and drag him
Down. Cris’ TDD isn’t bad either. Interesting fight for sure
Good fight indeed

Probably last big contract he gets, he's not gonna take less to go the UFC.

But Bellator doesnt seem as high on him as before. You also have to consider everything going on with covid. I think he could win a PFL million dollar tournament but if things go bad again you trust PFL to do events? They took the rest of the year off while everyone else is holding events.

But even Bellator and One, if things get bad again the UFC will roll on in Abu Dhabi or wherever like nothing happened but everyone else might not be as fortunate. So you have to consider that. There are still great fights for him in UFC but it might be a few years too late to really see the best of him.

It worked for eddie, he got the title and held it when the biggest star was going for a second belt and NYC just opened up so he got millions and biggest payday of his life for it. That worked for him. Didnt work for Will Brooks.

One thing I dont want to hear from these guys like Lima, Pitbull, Chandler is they sign a new Bellator deal then start talking about how they are the one to beat Khabib or they want to fight Volkanovski in a champ vs champ fight.

I dunno about winning the million in PFL, I wouldn't personally favour him to beat Schulte.

Probably last big contract he gets, he's not gonna take less to go the UFC.

But Bellator doesnt seem as high on him as before. You also have to consider everything going on with covid. I think he could win a PFL million dollar tournament but if things go bad again you trust PFL to do events? They took the rest of the year off while everyone else is holding events.

But even Bellator and One, if things get bad again the UFC will roll on in Abu Dhabi or wherever like nothing happened but everyone else might not be as fortunate. So you have to consider that. There are still great fights for him in UFC but it might be a few years too late to really see the best of him.

It worked for eddie, he got the title and held it when the biggest star was going for a second belt and NYC just opened up so he got millions and biggest payday of his life for it. That worked for him. Didnt work for Will Brooks.

One thing I dont want to hear from these guys like Lima, Pitbull, Chandler is they sign a new Bellator deal then start talking about how they are the one to beat Khabib or they want to fight Volkanovski in a champ vs champ fight.
Chandler is in a strange position because he is still good enough to hang with the best for 1 or maybe 2 more years. But I think Chandler has ran its course in Bellator, the LW division in Bellator is very shallow so he has only rematches left. Plus, im assuming he has a pretty big contract with Bellator and we dont know how Bellator financials look like after the pandemic.
The PFL move makes the most sense but its hard to bank on winning the tournament to make the million dollars. I think he would be favored to win the whole thing but its a gamble. Plus, the PFL seems destined for failure after this whole COVID situation.

I dunno about winning the million in PFL, I wouldn't personally favour him to beat Schulte.
I would favor Chandler to win the whole thing, I dont see a Schult path to victory here. Granted, I havent seen as much from Schult as I have seen from Chandler. But I think Chandler can keep it standing where he would be favored and if the fight goes to the ground I doubt Schult can submit Chandler, specially from the bottom.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...ed-bellator-243/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Adam Borics vs Dereck Campos and Chris Lencioni vs AJ Agazarm have been added to the card. It is shaping up to be a pretty nice event.
  • Michael Chandler vs. Benson Henderson
  • Tim Johnson vs. Matt Mitrione
  • Myles Jury vs. Georgi Karakhanyan
  • Sabah Homasi vs. Curtis Millender
  • Joel Bauman vs. Taylor Johnson
  • Adam Borics vs. Derek Campos
  • Chris Lencioni vs. AJ Agazarm

Chandler is in a strange position because he is still good enough to hang with the best for 1 or maybe 2 more years. But I think Chandler has ran its course in Bellator, the LW division in Bellator is very shallow so he has only rematches left. Plus, im assuming he has a pretty big contract with Bellator and we dont know how Bellator financials look like after the pandemic.
The PFL move makes the most sense but its hard to bank on winning the tournament to make the million dollars. I think he would be favored to win the whole thing but its a gamble. Plus, the PFL seems destined for failure after this whole COVID situation.

I'd pick him to win PFL but it is a gamble and you have managers talking about suing PFL to get guys out of their contracts cause they arent doing fights till next spring. So you really want to take the chance with that org with everything going on?

So it comes down to UFC, Bellator and One. UFC will give a good bu not great offer, Bellator probably gives better offer but not as big as his last deal. One could offer him a nice deal to do the Eddie fight.

Bellator does feel stale for him so either come to UFC for the big fights vs the best or go to One and fight Eddie, Dagi, Lee. He'll get a few good fights but it wont have the prestige he wants but $ is what he's after.

I'd be down to see Chandler vs Do Bronx.

The Aug. 7 additions include Christian Edwards (3-0 MMA, 3-0 BMMA) vs. Ahmed Samir (1-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) at a 210-pound catchweight, Nainoa Dung (3-1 MMA, 2-1 BMMA) vs. Charlie Campbell (1-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) at lightweight, Dalton Rosta(2-0 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) vs. Mark Gardner (1-1 MMA, 1-1 BMMA) at middleweight, and Grant Neal (3-0 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) vs. Hamza Salim (5-2 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) at light heavyweight.
This will end up being an 11 fight line-up, I guess they are estimating a couple fights coule be scrapped due to covid. At least they are planning for last minute changes now.

The Aug. 7 additions include Christian Edwards (3-0 MMA, 3-0 BMMA) vs. Ahmed Samir (1-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) at a 210-pound catchweight, Nainoa Dung (3-1 MMA, 2-1 BMMA) vs. Charlie Campbell (1-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) at lightweight, Dalton Rosta(2-0 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) vs. Mark Gardner (1-1 MMA, 1-1 BMMA) at middleweight, and Grant Neal (3-0 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) vs. Hamza Salim (5-2 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) at light heavyweight.
hamza Salim is a monster. One of the regional guys I was telling you about @careto. Normally a 185er, I think he’ll be great at 205. Solid technical striker who shares the room with the likes of Austin Vanderford and tyree fortune. I’m not cornering him for this one (I just got home for gods sake) but I think he knocks his opponent out

hamza Salim is a monster. One of the regional guys I was telling you about @careto. Normally a 185er, I think he’ll be great at 205. Solid technical striker who shares the room with the likes of Austin Vanderford and tyree fortune. I’m not cornering him for this one (I just got home for gods sake) but I think he knocks his opponent out
What's going on with Tyree Fortune, why does he barely ever fight?

Cool, Im glad to see more of your guys making the jump to thr bigger stages. Shoud make for an interesting fight, Bellator seems to be high on Grant Neal.

Cool, Im glad to see more of your guys making the jump to thr bigger stages. Shoud make for an interesting fight, Bellator seems to be high on Grant Neal.
im in the middle of breaking down Neal as a fighter and cementing the details of the fight plan and no doubt about it- Hamza will have his hands full

injuries, pandemic, etc. he’s such a talented guy, I can’t wait to see him in there again
He looked a bit rough around the edges and a bit undersized for LHW in his last fight. Could he make 185?

Back