Chandler vs Bendo 2 Bellator 243 Aug.7th

I watched Bellator for years it's just it sucks now and has been going down the drain every year gradually
They have had some ups and downs but I think their matchmaking got better this year, not just this upcoming card but the few events from 2020 had better match-ups than before. Even the scrapped events had very good fights scheduled, it was a shame they did not come to fruition.

They have had some ups and downs but I think their matchmaking got better this year, not just this upcoming card but the few events from 2020 had better match-ups than before. Even the scrapped events had very good fights scheduled, it was a shame they did not come to fruition.

I'll tune in see if it's gotten better but for the last couple years I've been MIA from it. I'm a Bjorn guy so maybe I'm biased..

I think he'll go where the money is either way. He's a pragmatic guy and he's towards the end of his prime.
Agreed, I don't see him going to UFC.

The last deal he made with Bellator he even mentioned that it was near 3x the pay as the average top 10 UFC fighter + he got full control over sponsors.

He even mentioned it's all about the money. In the interview when they mentinoed "winning championships" and "being the toughest/#1 fighter on the planet" he literally said "that's nice but in 10 years i'd rather be on a yacht somewhere"

Additionally, heavyweight contenders Matt Mitrione and Tim Johnson will square off in Uncasville, Conn.
That's an all right fight, I guess. Hopefully they announce more matches after this upcoming event. I think they have plenty of US based fighters to pull off a couple of stacked, or at least very decent, cards. I think more than anything they need to figure out how to bring their international fighters or hold events overseas.

Chandlers been paid well already, doesnt need to go after the biggest contract and could go to the ufc if he wants the challenge but he has to win, almost no chance the ufc signs him if he loses

Hope Chandler gets this, then goes to the UFC. That would be a dream. Can't stand Bendo. He's always struck me as the kid in grade school with 40 pencils who would never lend one out to someone in need.

Chandlers been paid well already, doesnt need to go after the biggest contract and could go to the ufc if he wants the challenge but he has to win, almost no chance the ufc signs him if he loses

Probably last big contract he gets, he's not gonna take less to go the UFC.

But Bellator doesnt seem as high on him as before. You also have to consider everything going on with covid. I think he could win a PFL million dollar tournament but if things go bad again you trust PFL to do events? They took the rest of the year off while everyone else is holding events.

But even Bellator and One, if things get bad again the UFC will roll on in Abu Dhabi or wherever like nothing happened but everyone else might not be as fortunate. So you have to consider that. There are still great fights for him in UFC but it might be a few years too late to really see the best of him.

It worked for eddie, he got the title and held it when the biggest star was going for a second belt and NYC just opened up so he got millions and biggest payday of his life for it. That worked for him. Didnt work for Will Brooks.

One thing I dont want to hear from these guys like Lima, Pitbull, Chandler is they sign a new Bellator deal then start talking about how they are the one to beat Khabib or they want to fight Volkanovski in a champ vs champ fight.

Myles Jury 18-5 vs Georgi Karakhanyan 29-10

added to the main card

Taylor Johnson 5-1 vs Joel Bauman 3-1

Added to the prelims

chris lencioni vs aj agazarm will also take place in this card.
interesting fight. Sunshine isn’t known for his striking but it’s looked far better than AJ’s. Cris is also gritty and bigger. If AJ gets him down it will be a whole different fight

interesting fight. Sunshine isn’t known for his striking but it’s looked far better than AJ’s. Cris is also gritty and bigger. If AJ gets him down it will be a whole different fight
Chria strikes me as the kind of guy to not stick to a gameplan. he will grapple with AJ just to prove a point, I know Chris has very legit grappling skills but he really shouldnt grapple with AJ.

I feel like Bendo's gonna lose.

Chria strikes me as the kind of guy to not stick to a gameplan. he will grapple with AJ just to prove a point, I know Chris has very legit grappling skills but he really shouldnt grapple with AJ.
Believe it or not he was the most game plan focused athlete I’ve ever worked with. If it’s personal (and I think it is) I think he’ll try and hurt him on the feet. Might play on the ground if there’s a short time left to prove a point, but Cris is very disciplined about this stuff

Believe it or not he was the most game plan focused athlete I’ve ever worked with. If it’s personal (and I think it is) I think he’ll try and hurt him on the feet. Might play on the ground if there’s a short time left to prove a point, but Cris is very disciplined about this stuff
If that is the case, then he wins it by keeping it standing. AJ doesnt have the best takedowns, as long as Cris keeps it standing he should coast to a decision.

Back