Chandler signs with bellator

In before UFC shills claim he's ducking the UFC because he won't take a mediocre 30/30 offer from Dana

Last edited:
Chandler vs Alvarez 3 coming in late 2018

Don't think he's good enough for the UFC so probably a smart move on his behalf.

Always expected that.

But damn, as a fan thats horrible to hear. Thinking of what could have been in UFC LW div compared to what we'll actually see in Bellators LW div, yawn.

Even if they sign Eddie thats one greate fight and then nothing. Oh well.

Glad for Bellator that Chandler came back.

not surprising at all. we all knew he was just trying to make more money. I would have loved to see chandler in the ufc but as we now know, he wasn't willing to take the hit to the wallet. he has decent sponsors. going to the ufc would have done nothing but strain their relationships.

really a bummer that we won't be able to see chandler against fresh blood however, it is telling that bellator really wants to keep its talent. we all had our doubts when they were going through their freakshow phase.

Don't think he's good enough for the UFC so probably a smart move on his behalf.
James Vick vs Justin Gaethje is a main event this weekend. You don’t think Michael Chandler is good enough for the UFC? Now I’ve heard of fanboys, but this is just bordering upon idiocy.

The UFC is a joke. A popular, exciting, marketable, and proven LW fighter is on the market and you really can’t outbid Bellator for him? Shows you where their priorities are at. They’d rather spend money on Sean “the shitter show” O’Malley and Ketlen “who da fook is that guy” Vieira than on proven talent. Chandler instantly beefs up LW and he’s someone you can throw into a main event. WME has no idea what they’re doing. Hopefully Bellator overtakes these idiots.

The UFC is a joke. A popular, exciting, marketable, and proven LW fighter is on the market and you really can’t outbid Bellator for him? Shows you where their priorities are at. They’d rather spend money on Sean “the shitter show” O’Malley and Ketlen “who da fook is that guy” Vieira than on proven talent. Chandler instantly beefs up LW and he’s someone you can throw into a main event. WME has no idea what they’re doing. Hopefully Bellator overtakes these idiots.
meh, cant fault either org for having priorities. bellator was doing freakshow after freakshow when they needed to perform immediately. they are now singing more legit talent and green but promising wrestlers. the ufc is signing people like brock lesnar and ex football players because they need to prop the ufc up as much as possible; said fighters already bring a fan base. wme need to see return on that HUGE investment. I dont blame either org. they will do thats best for them.

I think it’s probably the best move though UFC would be fresh for him.

He’s 32 and he may have already spent his prime in Bellator. It would be kinda like Eddie and Gilbert moving to UFC 10+ years into their careers..or a lot of the PRIDE guys who had been season vets that had gone through peaks and valleys before the merger. They can have some success but it’s not like he’ll be the best Chandler l(he has shown some decline already) but his whole career would be judged by it. Even though Eddie won the title and Gil SHOULD'VE won the title their careers are marginalized even though they fought long careers before going to the UFC

Good personal move by Chandler. Also, good for Bellator by doin right by their guy.

Good, because Chandler plays a pivotal role in the growth of Bellator

Like Strikeforce, Pride or any org. In contention with the UFC, they need stars that set them apart

He is not a draw. He has had very little effect on bellator ratings so why try and outbid them when he brings nothing to the bottom line?

never thought he'd go near usada.

good to see bellator spending that dazn money though.

He is not a draw. He has had very little effect on bellator ratings so why try and outbid them when he brings nothing to the bottom line?
So this sport is about who has more twitter followers or who’s the best fighter? Call me old school but I ain’t with this Twitter shit. Chandler is a beast and has more than proven that he will bang with anybody. He’s dropped bodies for years and he would be without a doubt top 10. I’d rather see someone like Michael Chandler than some goofy kid who has twitter followers. Sean O’Malley is a nobody. He’s beaten nobody. He’s just some chump the UFC is serving up spoonfed wins. I’m not saying he WONT be somebody or he won’t eventually accrue the same level of success as Michael Chandler. What I’m saying is that this is a sport. When you have a chance to bring in someone who is at the top of the division, you bring them in. That’s why Eddie Alvarez went to the UFC. Cause it’s not about twitter followers. It’s about who’s the best. This is a sport. I don’t like this new UFC garbage. Passing on Chandler is a signal that they’re headed away from pure competition. It’s not turned into this pathetic twitter follower battle. Smh.

So this sport is about who has more twitter followers or who’s the best fighter? Call me old school but I ain’t with this Twitter shit. Chandler is a beast and has more than proven that he will bang with anybody. He’s dropped bodies for years and he would be without a doubt top 10. I’d rather see someone like Michael Chandler than some goofy kid who has twitter followers. Sean O’Malley is a nobody. He’s beaten nobody. He’s just some chump the UFC is serving up spoonfed wins. I’m not saying he WONT be somebody or he won’t eventually accrue the same level of success as Michael Chandler. What I’m saying is that this is a sport. When you have a chance to bring in someone who is at the top of the division, you bring them in. That’s why Eddie Alvarez went to the UFC. Cause it’s not about twitter followers. It’s about who’s the best. This is a sport. I don’t like this new UFC garbage. Passing on Chandler is a signal that they’re headed away from pure competition. It’s not turned into this pathetic twitter follower battle. Smh.
Its sports entertainment and all promotions have to make the most money possible. This has never, ever, ever, ever been about pure competition. If it was then tito would not have ducked chuck for years and fought 185lb guys, Pride would have had actual title matches instead of one off can crushing, Bellator would have stayed with tournaments, etc etc. This is entertainment first, sports seconds always has been since day 1. Sorry to ruin your fantasy of the "sport" with zero unified rules, zero recognized international amateur rankings and zero nonprofit associations behind it.............

Back