Chandler 1 win 1 title fight, Ferguson 12 wins streak 0 title fight

Some people are just unluckier than others. No one ever deserved a title fight in the history of the UFC more than Tony Ferguson. Unfortunately for him, Khabib had a chance encounter with tiramisu.

Jarl

Is this like the Alanis Morisette version of "irony" where it's not irony at all?
Alanis Morissette writing a song called "Ironic", talking about things that aren't ironic, actually makes the song ironic (though I doubt that was intentional).

Tony got an interim title, he got booked in title fights shit happens and then he lost. Its all about timing.

Chandler's coming in hot with a big win and its at a point Khabib just left, Dustin is taking Conor fight and Justin just lost. Right place at the right time.

Tony had two chances at the title and he blew it. One was not really his fault,everyone can trip on anything, the other one was just him taking a bad decision.

This. Everyone is acting as if it is related to marketing. It's related to him not taking the opportunities presented.

Na, situational irony, the exact opposite of what you expect to happen. I'll allow it.

Only way Tony's getting a title shot, is a short notice replacement fight

Chandler is more promotable. End of story.
And also Tony will likely never win against anyone good after Justins whooping.

Agreed.

While no one can be sure of Michael Chandler's future, he is better-looking, more personable, and more marketable, than the weird derelict, Tony Ferguson.

Also, Chandler is a proven "company man," willing to do whatever is necessary to gain prominence, while Tony Ferguson is a bug-eyed freak, a problem to deal with, not to mention on the downslope of an absolutely embarrassing losing streak.

As a commentator, and an interviewee, Chandler is a pleasure to listen to.
By contrast, Tony Ferguson is an a$$hole, and agonizing to listen to.

I hope Tony and his absolute negativity fade out of MMA completely.
Obviously, Khabib is the true GOAT, but (with him gone) Chandler is the obvious leader to take his place, on many levels.

Forget Conor. He's a quitter, and a proven punk, an embarrassment to the sport.

By contrast, Chandler may not have "won them all," but he is a far tougher man, and better representative of the sport, than Conor McGregor will ever dream to be.

when was the last time tony got a first round KO?

no one knows who chnadler
Dude got ktfo out by mini pit bull 2 fights ago.
People in MMA respect Tony way more then Chandler.
Agreed.

While no one can be sure of Michael Chandler's future, he is better-looking, more personable, and more marketable, than the weird derelict, Tony Ferguson.

Also, Chandler is a proven "company man," willing to do whatever is necessary to gain prominence, while Tony Ferguson is a bug-eyed freak, a problem to deal with, not to mention on the downslope of an absolutely embarrassing losing streak.

As a commentator, and an interviewee, Chandler is a pleasure to listen to.
By contrast, Tony Ferguson is an a$$hole, and agonizing to listen to.

I hope Tony and his absolute negativity fade out of MMA completely.
Obviously, Khabib is the true GOAT, but with him gone Chandler is the true leader to take his place.

Forget Conor, he's a quitter and a punk, an embarrassment to the sport.

By contrast, Chandler may not have "won them all," but he is a far tougher man, and better representative of the sport, than Conor McGregor will ever dream to be.

Stop reading after that. Is this a beauty contest? Gtfo. I've watched Chandler since fighting Eddie. I've always liked him but your making him out to be annoying.

To promote Tony you just have to show his highlights. Not his looks you pubic hair sniffer

Getting black out drunk and acting like a complete douchebag on a reality show probably doesn’t invoke a lot of confidence from the UFC PR team. Throw in his mental breakdown and it’s fairly understandable as to why they waited forever to put a belt on him. He’s nuttier than squirrel shit.

Stop reading after that. Is this a beauty contest? Gtfo. I've watched Chandler since fighting Eddie. I've always liked him but your making him out to be annoying.

Huh? No, it's not a beauty contest, it's a fighting contest matched against any fighter's overall appeal.

Tony is an asshole and a loser, a problem on every level, and he's very old now.

Trust me, no one will talk about Tony one year from today.

To promote Tony you just have to show his highlights. Not his looks you pubic hair sniffer

Pubic hair sniffer?
(Your wife shaves, fragrance-free, last I checked <45>)

Tony's highlights yesterday will not carry him today.

Have a nice evening.

no one knows who chnadler
Dude got ktfo out by mini pit bull 2 fights ago.
People in MMA respect Tony way more then Chandler.

you honestly think looks don’t play a part in marketability...ya know, the only thing the ufc gives a fuck about?

The irony

Timing and luck are the aspects of success no one talks about. Not that they should. Success is about controlling what you can and both guys seem pretty good at doing that.

Yeah, Tony should have gotten a title shot when he was on his incredible run. It's a bummer he never got it. Chandler has done everything right, inside and outside the cage, since coming to the UFC and he is being rewarded for it. Also, right place, right time. Poirier should have been in Chandler's spot, but he chose the Conor trilogy instead.

Huh? No, it's not a beauty contest, it's a fighting contest matched against any fighter's overall appeal.

Tony is an asshole and a loser, a problem on every level, and he's very old now.

Pubic hair sniffer?

Have a nice evening.

At least he has highlights in the UFC. Chandler will never be on tonys level..

Tony is top 3 lw

Pubic hair sniffer?

Have a nice evening.

Tony will remembered way longer then Chandler.

Tony won tuf . Had a 12 fight win streak. With crazy fights. What has Chandler done?
No one will remember Chandler, if they do he is the guy that got ktfo by mini pit bull.
Tony is top 3lw of all time..chandler is not and never will be. Good night big titty licker

why does chandler deserve it? he should have atleast beaten a top 5 guy before getting that title shot
I meant Porier and Olivera deserves it the most but because Porier chose the Mcgregor trilogy Chandler was the right pick.

Very unfortunate for Tony, but he appears to be done as a top contender.

I am actually surprised that the UFC is pushing an ex Bellator fighter so fast towards it's own championship. I expect he will be the new LW champion after Saturday's fight. I hope he wins, because I would rather see Chandler fight Gaethje than I would Oliviera. More exciting fight in my opinion.:cool:
Chandler is doing everything the UFC wants him to do. He's willing to take short notice fights and isn't holding them up for money fights. He's at the very end of his prime if not out of it all together. He has to fight for the belt right now and the stars have aligned for him.

I’d like to see a timeline of Tony’s win streak and where the LW title picture was at the time. I remember a lot of injuries and what it during that time. Also, so many killers at LW when Tony was doing his thing.

Back