Chandler 1 win 1 title fight, Ferguson 12 wins streak 0 title fight

If it makes you feel any better, OP, Tony has had multiple title fights in parallel universes.

didn't Tony turn down a title fight or an interim title fight though?

Chandler is more promotable. End of story.
And also Tony will likely never win against anyone good after Justins whooping.
This sort of thinking is why this becomes less of a sport and more like a clown show in league of Paul brothers boxing.

Do people really believe their BS?

Tony has a cult like following.

With a belt, he's box office.

They wasted his prime.

This.

I’m a proud member of that cult like following so I agree completely. The Ufc missed the boat with Tony.

He had title shots.Became interim champion.Fought Gaethje for the interim title again.Plus he was scheduled to fight Khabib like 57 times.

This. It was unfortunate circumstances, not foul play, that kept Tony from getting his title shot.

Chandler deserves it second to Poirier who wants the big payday instead. Although if he loses I would like to see Chandler vs Felder.
why does chandler deserve it? he should have atleast beaten a top 5 guy before getting that title shot

They just fast tracking him because he is old and willing to fight. They don't have much time left to milk him before he slows down

I don't know about that. Tony is crazy and wild and people like that. Plus he is coming from a minor league organization where most casuals don't know him

Obviously Tony isn't getting a title shot at this point but OP has a point
Tony is not promotable, a guy unpredictable posting unintelligible rambling in social media is not what UFC wants for a champion.

Back