Chances of violence this election season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%, 100 freaking %!

Agree. No matter if it's just Hillary and Trump, or some hangers on as well. People are pissed, and are going to start trouble. On all sides. Convention security will resemble US bases in Afghanistan. There'll be Razor wire, all variety of shiny new armored police tactical vehicles. Sound cannons, microwave weapons, water cannons, rubber bullets, tazers, plastic handcuffs, bullhorns, live streaming smartphones, and lots of pocket constitutions, open carry's and flags. Flags everywhere. God bless America. Let's get it on.

Its doubtful. McCain had to talk down his supporters during his bid. An i dont see the same level of verbal anger directed towards Hillary that Obama received.

Its doubtful. McCain had to talk down his supporters during his bid. An i dont see the same level of verbal anger directed towards Hillary that Obama received.

The attack against Hillary hasn't even started. Somehow I doubt Trump will tell his supporters to tone it down. Especially when BLM is tearing up his rallies, and the GOP establishment is trying to undermine him. He's already saying he wants to punch people. The DNC won't be able to reign in BLM either. Many of them, and many Sanders supporters see her as just another part of the problem.

Agree. No matter if it's just Hillary and Trump, or some hangers on as well. People are pissed, and are going to start trouble. On all sides. Convention security will resemble US bases in Afghanistan. There'll be Razor wire, all variety of shiny new armored police tactical vehicles. Sound cannons, microwave weapons, water cannons, rubber bullets, tazers, plastic handcuffs, bullhorns, live streaming smartphones, and lots of pocket constitutions, open carry's and flags. Flags everywhere. God bless America. Let's get it on.

Shit Im standing outside polling places now just throwing bombs son. My state doesn't even vote today, its just the mood I woke up in. Well I was until some octogenarian knocked me out around lunch. Bitch was fast!

Just thought I'd bump this thread, and say I called it. Street clashes, and it's not even March 15th. Wait for the backlash.

The conventions will look straight out of a dystopian Sci Fi movie.

Worst case scenario: Hillary is indicted, and the republicans have a brokered convention.

There's no telling what will happen by November.

I think it's safe to say this is the most divisive presidential election since 1968. No candidates have been shot yet, but the rhetoric is off the charts. It seems daily there are arrests at Trump rallies. With gun rights, and the supreme court majority on the table tensions are quite high. With this level of hostility so early in the race it makes me worry about what will happen at the conventions during the hot months ahead.

The split in the GOP somewhat mirrors that of the DNC in 68. Race again is a major issue as is poverty, and the potential for more war. There is also a generational divide as there was in 68. The millenials are the first generation with the numbers to match those of the baby-boomers who came of age in the 60's.

I'm not trying to be alarmist, but it looks like there are going to be violent clashes on the streets before this is over. And maybe afterward. Likely not 60's level clashes, but the biggest disturbances since then.

if there is violence and intimidation, it will all come from the "liberal" left, who is so fond of eliminating the vile tradition of free speech

if there is violence and intimidation, it will all come from the "liberal" left, who is so fond of eliminating the vile tradition of free speech

There has already been violence done by right wingers, so there goes that theory.

There has already been violence done by right wingers, so there goes that theory.

such as? one douche throwing a punch at someone disrupting a peaceful rally?

that's exactly the same as the mass intimidation and the blocking of political speech that happened tonight, right?

such as? one douche throwing a punch at someone disrupting a peaceful rally?

that's exactly the same as the mass intimidation and the blocking of political speech that happened tonight, right?

Does it bother you when Neo-Nazis get beat up when they schedule a march?

Does it bother you when a veteran punches someone for burning the flag?

Mod Note
The shitshow in the other Trump riot thread is being contained to there. Do not flood this one with empty posts, meme, pictures and slurs.

Fair enough but tell me Im wrong that right wingers are always going on about civil unrest, UN take overs, obama the dictator and things of that nature.
No more so, or less so, than the left when Bush was in office. Is this your first non-incumbent election cycle following politics? (not sarcasm)

Mod Note
The shitshow in the other Trump riot thread is being contained to there. Do not flood this one with empty posts, meme, pictures and slurs.

Can you just merge this with the other thread. I made this in February, and just wanted say I told you so.

Can you just merge this with the other thread. I made this in February, and just wanted say I told you so.

I was going to but it would make your thread the OP and thread title so people coming in wouldn't see there already is a Trump protest thread. You are able to lock it if you want.

No more so, or less so, than the left when Bush was in office. Is this your first non-incumbent election cycle following politics? (not sarcasm)

No sadly i have voting for years now and I have watched things progress from bad to worse. The right went full retard some years back now and the left has been trying to match pace.

I saw with my own eyes how people reacted to bush and obama and I gotta tell you I see some real big differences. A lot of the flack bush caught was for doing moronic things. A lot of the attack on obama has been that hes an outsider come to destroy america and the 2 dont really compare.

As far as tonights events i am appalled. Its normally the right wing that acts in a way that shames itself but tonight that honor belongs to the left. In america we win debates with our ideas not with this bullshit.

No sadly i have voting for years now and I have watched things progress from bad to worse. The right went full retard some years back now and the left has been trying to match pace.

I saw with my own eyes how people reacted to bush and obama and I gotta tell you I see some real big differences. A lot of the flack bush caught was for doing moronic things. A lot of the attack on obama has been that hes an outsider come to destroy america and the 2 dont really compare.

As far as tonights events i am appalled. Its normally the right wing that acts in a way that shames itself but tonight that honor belongs to the left. In america we win debates with our ideas not with this bullshit.
And of course you have ZERO bias when it comes to judging the actions of "the right" I assume. What you see as "moronic" is "ideal" to some. Some of the things you support President Obama in could be considered "moronic" by others. Ugly elections have gone back to the start of this country for us, and has been around since the dawn of "politics".

54507761.jpg
That's Obama!

And of course you have ZERO bias when it comes to judging the actions of "the right" I assume. What you see as "moronic" is "ideal" to some. Some of the things you support President Obama in could be considered "moronic" by others. Ugly elections have gone back to the start of this country for us, and has been around since "politics" have been.

So were not in agreement that ignoring warnings bout osama and invading iraq were hugely stupid ideas and that is just the liberal in me.

And no one in the right wing went off about birth certificates and kenya and this president isnt even american my liberal bias imagined that as well ?

One man got his ideas attacked one man his character

I dont think we need to continue unless your board and want to go in a circle for a while

So were not in agreement that ignoring warnings bout osama and invading iraq were hugely stupid ideas and that is just the liberal in me.
Underlined:No, the liberal in you ignores that Bill Clinton had the same warnings.
BOLD: No, the liberal in you ignores the scores of Ds that voted for the war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back