Media Chance Rencountre has a previous arrest for domestic violence.

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Personally, I don't give a shit about this. I'm just surprised that it didn't come up given how hard Helwani and some other media types were trying to turn Hardy's presence on that card along side Ostovich into a national story.

and cody east had pedophile charges or something + mma journalist are pedophiles themselves. ur point? bad people surround this sport

Personally, I don't give a shit about this. I'm just surprised that it didn't come up given how hard Helwani and some other media types were trying to turn Hardy's presence on that card along side Ostovich into a national story.

Domestic violence isn't the issue.

The Kansas City Chiefs star receiver (not their fmr. star RB) beat the hell out of his girlfriend. Everybody loves him.

The Bengals star RB KO'd some white chick on video. Everybody loves him.

The difference between them and Greg Hardy is...it would be embarrassing for us if Greg Hardy became UFC champion. It would prove all our best fighters are just losers that couldn't cut it in real sports.

Last edited:
Yeah, this sport is rife with trash, no two ways about it. That's what makes the true good guys of the game that much more valuable/admirable imo. Your Frankie Edgar's, Brian Stann's, and GSP's.

and cody east had pedophile charges or something + mma journalist are pedophiles themselves. ur point? bad people surround this sport

I made my point in the OP. I'm not surprised that bad people fight in cages for a living. I'm surprised that it didn't come up given how hard the Hardy DV story was being pushed.

Cody East was Dana's pet project, and Ariel was still working for Fox Sports when the UFC signed East, so it's also not surprising that Ariel wasn't keen on pursuing that story at the time.

To be fair, several other MMA journalists did comment on how absurd it was that Dana personally recruited a rapist to join the promotion.

Native American.

Is normal.

The worst thing about this is he has that stupid caesar cut.

It's a fucked up evil thing to do, but it appears he served his time and hasn't done it since in 11 years so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

You are purposely missing the point.

The Kansas City Chiefs star receiver (not their fmr. star RB) beat the hell out of his girlfriend. Everybody loves him.

The Bengals star RB KO'd some white chick on video, and Cincy fans love him

The difference between them and Greg Hardy is...it would be embarrassing for us if Greg Hardy became UFC champion. It would prove all our best fighters are just losers that couldn't cut it in real sports.

Yep tyreke hill beat and choked out his pregnant girlfriend. Can read the police report. Nothing but a gutter Thug. But to the public no video no care.

People don't care about nobodies screwing up.

Greg Hardy is a someone.

”I want guys who fight in cages to be clean upstanding citizens with college degrees, high moral compasses, and role model behavior.......but make sure you risk harm and beat each other half to death for my entertainment. Just don’t make me feel bad about supporting my entertainment choices or I’ll complain....about the entertainer.”

This is the first reason I've heard for wanting Hardy to lose that makes sense. Bravo sir.

Luckily he had a chance encounter with MMA and seems to be doing better for himself now.

”I want guys who fight in cages to be clean upstanding citizens with college degrees, high moral compasses, and role model behavior.......but make sure you risk harm and beat each other half to death for my entertainment. Just don’t make me feel bad about supporting my entertainment choices or I’ll complain....about the entertainer.”

It helps to read beyond the thread title.

Chance Rencountre doesn't have a Wikipedia page, how do you expect the MMA media to find this shit out, it's not like they're real journalists.

Yeah, this sport is rife with trash, no two ways about it. That's what makes the true good guys of the game that much more valuable/admirable imo. Your Frankie Edgar's, Brian Stann's, and GSP's.
Brain Stann is a normal dude. When the camera is on he says all the right stuff but I've heard him say some very, very questionable things about different groups of people that pretty even minded people would consider offensive.

I'm not calling him a monster or a POS. What i am saying is how he carries himself in public isn't necessarily how he is when he's private.

I'm a person that thinks you should stand on your beliefs no matter how other people would perceive you.

Like one of those voters that told cameras they were voting for Clinton but when they actually got in the booth pushed Trump. (This is actually one of the major reasons that all media outlets predicted the election results so wrongly)

People don't care about nobodies screwing up.

Greg Hardy is a someone.
That’s it. Greg Hardy beat up a woman when he was an all-star (pro bowl) is the most popular sport in the country. This dude apparently beat up a woman when no one knew who he was (still don’t).

Also the woman’s story was so wild, getting throw on a couch full of guns, etc., that it didn’t even seem realistic, but it was. (Hardy)

Back