Champs of each divison if weight cutting is eliminated?

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Heavyweight wouldn't change but which divisions would?

HW might change as Jon Jones would be there.

LHW: Usman
MW: Khabib
WW...

Basically move all the champions 2 weight classes up because they all walk around 2 weight classes above what they fight at (at least).

WW...

Basically move all the champions 2 weight classes up because they all walk around 2 weight classes above what they fight at (at least).

I'd take Yoel at LHW. I want to see LHW Yoel before he retires.

I love Jon Jones but think he gets KTFO at heavyweight.

I'd take Yoel at LHW. I want to see LHW Yoel before he retires.

No way he's walking about at 205, he's fought a LHW before. When Cavalcante knocked him out that was a LHW fight.

Machida no-weight-cutting-p4p-GOAT! :D

TS, you should define what you consider weight cutting. I assume you mean in cage weight when fully hydrated. In that sense we already know that most champs skip past the division above them when rehydrating. Max is probably 160+ in the cage, Khabib probably 175. I remember seeing that Paulo Costa was 213 in the cage against Romero. 27 lb weight gain is insane.

Reason I say this is that some guys get real heavy between fights so I assume you are implying that getting into fight shape is different from weight cutting.

TS, you should define what you consider weight cutting. I assume you mean in cage weight when fully hydrated. In that sense we already know that most champs skip past the division above them when rehydrating. Max is probably 160+ in the cage, Khabib probably 175. I remember seeing that Paulo Costa was 213 in the cage against Romero. 27 lb weight gain is insane.

Reason I say this is that some guys get real heavy between fights so I assume you are implying that getting into fight shape is different from weight cutting.
Yes , this is very tough to gauge. This would be as subjective as it gets.

Yes , this is very tough to gauge. This would be as subjective as it gets.

Forsure. And I assume a guy like Usman gets into the cage at 195 or so but if he didn't have to make 170, he probably wouldn't restrict caloric intake as much and could be in the cage at 205 with no water cut. He could be 215-220 if he wanted to get big and still be in good shape.

WW...

That would be with no weight cut at all, as most if not all of the WW's walk above 185 lbs, so being LHW's, but going with the ONE FC rules it seems they all got moved only 1 division up and not two, Eddie is fighting at 170, DJ at 135 (and he used to fight over 140lbs), Sage fought at 185 but his fights in the UFC were both at LW and WW, so he could be the one with the biggest "jump", but still, if he was basically a WW in the UFC he got moved only one division up and not two, all of those guys cut some weight but not to the same extent they used to in US orgs divisions.

If weight cutting was eliminated, there'd no no Flyweight and Bantamweight divisions whatsoever. FW and LW would be a deserted wasteland with Cejudo as king. But WW/MW would be a massacre fest, complete slaughter factory. Current LHW and most of MW would merge with HW.

They'd all stay the same. Everything would just move up one weight class.

Back