Championship fights on every card and an all Champ fight card

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Now that there are 9 champs in the UFC, I'd like to see at least a championship fight on every card, or at the least for every ppv. With there being so many champions nowadays, I don't think it's too much to ask for considering you can easily rotate through the champions. Especially seeing as a PPV costs 50-60 bucks so fans should get at least a champion defending his title for that much money. Off the top of my head, the last PPVs I can remember not having championship fights were the last 2 Brazil cards so hopefully the UFC is heading towards doing this.

I'd also like to see more double championship cards (championship fights in the co-main and main). The WEC used to do them quite frequently if my memory serves me correctly as well as Strikeforce and the UFC does them every now and then. Again, there's enough champs nowadays that it doesn't seem that unrealistic that they could do this for almost every PPV, or at least every second PPV.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a yearly all championship card, kinda like what Strikeforce tried to do for their last event but bigger. Just imagine like an all day long event with 9 championship fights. Now that's worth paying 50-60 bucks for. They could set up a fan expo and fan events all day long leading up to it and have Fox broadcast them kinda like what they do before the Superbowl begins and make it a really special event. To solve the issue of who gets main event as they're all champs, I'd love to see a rotating schedule where maybe one year they do lightest to heaviest, then go heaviest to lightest the next or maybe even do it random where they hold a press conference and put all the fights into a hat and draw the order. No sports media could not report about an all championship event like this so it would surely generate the mainstream coverage that they're always trying to get. Don't know if the UFC would ever consider doing this though as it takes out their champs for at least another 2 PPVs (generally speaking) but the buy rates would be through the roof I think. It'd be definitely be hard to pull off but it'd be a great yearly event. At the very least a yearly all champ main card would be sick and much more doable

Last edited:
I see what you're saying but it'll always be tough due to the injuries the champions can sustain in training or in the fights.

9 champions isn't a lot when you're going through a year calender of PPV's.

all championship card would be extremely tough, near impossible.

A Champ on every PPV is possible, maybe Evan 2 champs every cupl of cards, but your never going to get more then that with the UFC

all championship card would be extremely tough, near impossible.

Definitely would be extremely hard to pull off and you bet your ass that Dana would tell all the fighters to do their best not to get injured. The beauty I think though would be that it wouldn't really matter if 1 or 2 champs had to pull out as it's still completely sellable. Hell half the champs could pull out and you'd still have 5 championship fights

If you had an all champion card then you couldn't have another champ defend his title for about 3 months after that. So you wouldn't be able to have a champ defend every month/ppv if you had biannual all champ cards.

This isn't possible. It also isn't smart for business (the all champions card). Injuries occur as well. Think about it, man.

A Champ on every PPV is possible, maybe Evan 2 champs every cupl of cards, but your never going to get more then that with the UFC

I don't really expect it to happen, just be a great thing to see. Actually, I could maybe see them doing something like that for UFC 200. Just the one thing that other sports have on the UFC is there's always a yearly event that draws record views and massive sponsorships. I don't watch football, but even I turn in for the Superbowl. The UFC could use having one. BTW I know they do the end of the year card, the Superbowl weekend card, etc but there's no really big event every year, just some cards stacked more than others

If you had an all champion card then you couldn't have another champ defend his title for about 3 months after that. So you wouldn't be able to have a champ defend every month/ppv if you had biannual all champ cards.

I can live with that though and so can most people I'd say. Plus that gives some time at least for a contender to arise

Strikeforce had three title fights on one card and it was terrible. If you get unlucky, which the UFC has with an entire card (UFC on Fox 2), and all three title fights suck, there's 2 hours that could cripple your entire business for the next 5 years.

This isn't possible. It also isn't smart for business (the all champions card). Injuries occur as well. Think about it, man.

Oh it's definitely pushing the possibilities of what can be done, but how would it not be good for business? It'd get a ton of buys and big sponsors and media coverage and your champs would only be out for like 3 months. At the very least I wouldn't say having an all champ main card is impossible

Oh it's definitely pushing the possibilities of what can be done, but how would it not be good for business? It'd get a ton of buys and big sponsors and media coverage and your champs would only be out for like 3 months. At the very least I wouldn't say having an all champ main card is impossible

If you think there is saturation now, wait until there is, according to your plan, roughly 25 title fights a year. that's just craziness. Two fights a year for champs is pushing the boundaries of availability/ rank and sales as it is.

I'd settle for two title fights on the same card ala UFC 100. I mean, Stun Gun, Jim Miller, the Hammer and Bones were in the prelims.

I don't really expect it to happen, just be a great thing to see. Actually, I could maybe see them doing something like that for UFC 200. Just the one thing that other sports have on the UFC is there's always a yearly event that draws record views and massive sponsorships. I don't watch football, but even I turn in for the Superbowl. The UFC could use having one. BTW I know they do the end of the year card, the Superbowl weekend card, etc but there's no really big event every year, just some cards stacked more than others

I'm expecting epic things for UFC 200, hopefully we will have a champion vs champion fight, and of course the HW title defended, also lots of big names on the card!

An annual event would also be very cool, UFC Superfight Card, hold it every December, fill it with grudge matches, title fights, bring back Randy lol

Wishfull thinking lol

If you think there is saturation now, wait until there is, according to your plan, roughly 25 title fights a year. that's just craziness. Two fights a year for champs is pushing the boundaries of availability/ rank and sales as it is.

Well there was 14 title fights this year by my count and that's with GSP being injured, Cruz being injured, Aldo being injured, Silva jumping weight classes, Jones only fighting twice when he likes fighting 3-4 times a year and getting injured, the flyweight division only having its first title fight this year and being delayed by McCall/Johnson, Condit not defending his interim belt, and Barao not defending his interim belt. If all this hadn't occurred, say GSP defended his belt twice like he normally does, Cruz defended his belt 2-3 times like he normally does, Aldo defended his belt three times like he was supposed to this year, Silva twice, Jones 3, flyweight let's say 2-3 times at the rate Demetrious fights, that makes 24 title fights in one year and that doesn't include Ronda defending her belt or Condit and Barao defending their titles as in that alternate reality they'd never get an interim belt as the champs were healthy. So say Ronda defends her belt twice in a year like she fought last year that makes 26 title fights I believe

You don't need every champ defending their belt twice in a year when others defend more frequently

Back