Champions picking fights? No jokes,no trolling,be serious.

Alverez and Bisping especially are cowards because they are afraid of fighting the no. 1 contender. Champions should only fight the most deserving contenders in their division and not pick easier fights.

if you can get to the title you should be able to pick who you fight, as long as they are in the top 15

So you are fine With Conor fighting number 14,13,12,11 and 10. Ducking a guy like Max Holloway or Franki Edgar? Really sir, you mean that? Lets say Conor decides that he will only fight from 15 up to number 6, will it be cool With you?

Without agreeing about calling it a lucky punch, I do dislike the general trend towards champions picking their fights more.

It's not just that they pick who they want to fight but also that they always pick when, and its always a long time later because a lot of champs dong want to risk their belts.

Alverez and Bisping especially are cowards because they are afraid of fighting the no. 1 contender. Champions should only fight the most deserving contenders in their division and not pick easier fights.

I dont think that they are Cowards, but what makes me sad is that Eddie dosent even have big fan base. RDA and Tony has alot bigger fan base then him. Who cares about Eddie? Its better for UFC to have a champion like Khabib (If he isnt injured) the guy has 840K Instagram,90Ktwitter and 300K facebook. RDA and Tony are amazing fighters and fun to watch. But Eddie is just another guy who fans actually dosent care about.

Without agreeing about calling it a lucky punch, I do dislike the general trend towards champions picking their fights more.

It's not just that they pick who they want to fight but also that they always pick when, and its always a long time later because a lot of champs dong want to risk their belts.

Agree, it wasnt a Lucky punch. It was a amazingly smart punch to btw, but i didnt feel that it was a fight if you know what i mean. I love RDA becuase when he was a champion, he didnt say "I want that fight and bla bla" he said that he will take anyone ufc gives him.

Its true, what i think dosent mean shit. But i have the right to say what i think and i hope that People would respect that.
Let me tell you this, if fighter X wins a fight agianst fighter Y in a sword fight. And then he says he is a true champion and would fight anyone anywhere. Becuase that is what champions do, they dont pick fights they take on the best becuase thats what champions do. Why should a champion take a guy who is ranked very low? A champion is the "best of the best". The best of the best shouldnt be fighting a low guy just becuase its "Money fight". WHo the hell cared about Nate before Conor came? Really guys? Who cared about Nate before Conor came?
I cared. (Sobs quietly) but there's something special to me about a champ moving up in weight. Ever since bj got his soul stolen by gsp it seems like no one's wanted to take the chance until conor. And then when rda got injured that fell apart but if say, dc stepped up to fight stipe, I wouldn't mind that as opposed to a gus or rumble rematch... those special kind of fights don't seem to happen very often. I see your point though.

But you agree With me that Nate wasnt even relevant before that Conor fight, like he wasnt even fighting for a while before the michael Johnson fight. I have been watching ufc since i was 14 years, and i saw Nate in TUF. He really wasnt that big of a deal before conor, i actually saw him as a unsportsmanlike. I respect him as a fighter, but he is to
unsportsmanlike. Coming to fights With way over his weight and doing stupid Things, thats not how i want a fighter to be. A fighter should respect the other guy who he meets, Cerrone didnt do shit to him. He even said "I dont care if he is not on weight".
Conor probably underrestimated Nate as he could also have picked Cerrone.

Yep McGregor is influencing the ufc in more ways than one.

It'll be nice to see the people who said he was gonna fade call him a legend in the future.

Came in here to troll this thread but TS strictly instructed me not to.

I'm out!

1306866467_jumping_out_the_window.gif

Fuck them picking fights. They are the champs not the matchmakers, they should only be fighting the top contenders who deserve their shot. Can't wait for Conor to get his ass handed to him again by Nate and shut this horrible hype train the fuck down.

I cared. (Sobs quietly) but there's something special to me about a champ moving up in weight. Ever since bj got his soul stolen by gsp it seems like no one's wanted to take the chance until conor. And then when rda got injured that fell apart but if say, dc stepped up to fight stipe, I wouldn't mind that as opposed to a gus or rumble rematch... those special kind of fights don't seem to happen very often. I see your point though.

Well i dont mind fighters going up in weight, but at least let them defend the freaking tittel first. Aldo is a freaking legit fighter, i dont like Aldo at all. I love Conor, i watch all his Youtube Clips before fights. But what he did was just not cool. The fight between him and Edgar would have been EPIC. I loved the fight agianst Nate, but Nate is just to good for him, he almost lost to Chad Mendez who is a midget and on a 9 days notice. For me a fighter isnt a champion before he defends it. Agian, i love fighters going up in divisions. But please dont do it before you at least have defended it once.

Fuck them picking fights. They are the champs not the matchmakers, they should only be fighting the top contenders who deserve their shot. Can't wait for Conor to get his ass handed to him again by Nate and shut this horrible hype train the fuck down.

We have never seen Conor in a 3 and 4th round agianst a welterweight, will be very interesting.

Back