champ pettis talks 'annoying' khabib nurmagomedov

Either way this is going to be an awesome fight.

I love how he belittles Khabib while hyping up Dos anjos

too bad he doesn't have amateur level wrestling
1405f-3.gif

Khabib+Nurmagomedov+Takedowns+Rafael+dos+Anjos+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif

tumblr_mndqwjRz6p1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

Guida095.jpg

khabib-nurmagomedov-UFC-160.jpg

:D

Crazy thing about that running slam, it's in the third round.

I find myself not caring who wins anymore, I just want to see good fights.

Khabib's striking is so underrated especially his head movement and defense. He gets hit less than Pettis and has a better ratio of strikes landed to strikes absorbed and better striking defense as well, though they are very close in all those statistical categories.

So what if he's wild on offense occasionally if he's got good head movement and rarely gets hit. Igor and Fedor made it work.

Last edited:
I would predict a Pettis submission before a Pettis KO.....Pettis is slick and fast. If Khabib gets lazy/tired on the ground, Pettis could tap his ass out.

Forget lazy and tired...more like he gets tagged coming in, desperately finishes the takedown, but lands in a deep armbar or guillotine.

Khabib's striking is so underrated especially his head movement and defense. He gets hit less than Pettis and has a better ratio of strikes landed to strikes absorbed and better striking defense as well, though they are very close in all those statistical categories.

So what if he's wild on offense occasionally if he's got good head movement and rarely gets hit. Igor and Fedor made it work.

His defense is good,but he is wild in offense(like you said),he never fought great striker like pettis
Rda is good,but not as fast as pettis. Also his cardio is question mark in 5 round fight. I would pick him via dec,dont think pettis can stop the td and pressure of khabib

Pettis speaks truth Khabib's striking is beyond amateurish head down swing away and hope you hit something. He's a great wrestler but that's all he is he will never be champion, just talked about for the potential to be a champion.

Agreed. Pettis will be champ for a long time.

Pettis speaks truth Khabib's striking is beyond amateurish head down swing away and hope you hit something. He's a great wrestler but that's all he is he will never be champion, just talked about for the potential to be a champion.

What are you serious? The guy's a freak and he gets better and better every day. He's training at AKA with DC and Cain. You're crazy if you don't think he gives Pettis a run for his money.

coin flip.. khabib's wrestling is that good. he could potentially smother the crap out of pettis. but pettis's striking is obviously like 5 levels above khabib's. khabib's striking is like.. hmmm anderson silva's wrestling (??). not sure if thats a good comparison. khabib has very very poor striking, like, hes in the bottom quarter of all strikers in his weight class.

Back