champ pettis talks 'annoying' khabib nurmagomedov

Khabib is gonna eat some heavy shots lunging in with those left hooks. Who knows, he still might be able to get the win but I wouldn't put any money on it.

I would predict a Pettis submission before a Pettis KO.....Pettis is slick and fast. If Khabib gets lazy/tired on the ground, Pettis could tap his ass out.

I can see this fight playing out in a few different scenarios.

1.) Khabib winning the dec. due to grinding him out.
2.) Pettis via sub rounds 2-4
3.) Pettis via KO rounds 2-4

I give the slight advantage to Pettis. He is more athletic, with lightning speed. I can't envision Khabib finishing Pettis. I also have a hard time thinking Pettis could win this 5 round fight via decision.

I wonder if Khabib will fight for the title next or not. Its good to see that lw is moving again, I feel like it was stuck since 2010.

Assuming The Eagle recovers fully, he is a serious problem for Pettis and anyone else in the division.
Pettis is human...barely.

Would be insane if Pettis subbed Khabib on the ground as well.

you mean like what Hendricks did to Lawler and LOST? Hendricks was winning but his laziness in the last 2 rounds cost him dearlly

My sentiments exactly.

I also feel like after the Guida fight Pettis probably has worked extensively on his grappling to ensure it doesnt happen again.

Pettis is an amazing fighter and has been since WEC. I don't think Khabib stands a chance against him

Assuming The Eagle recovers fully, he is a serious problem for Pettis and anyone else in the division.
Pettis is human...barely.

I really don't see Khabib being that serious of a problem for Pettis. I've seen Khabib frustrated when he's having trouble bringing a opponent down (not pretty) and his forced to put his two hands up which is really not pretty to watch in fact I would say painful to view.

Khabib has only one way to win Pettis owns a menu list of ways to victory.

Would be insane if Pettis subbed Khabib on the ground as well.

Yeah. I wouldn't want to have to grapple Pettis for 5 rounds. ( Khabib's only chance to get the victory )......Pettis has slick crafty grappling, there is no position were Khabib is safe. Pettis, if he can keep Khabib at bay, will own the stand up with little fear of the Russians striking.

That being said, Khabib is one tough dude. He could grind Pettis out, demoralizing him on the ground, and escaping with the decision. I don't think Khabib can/will finish the champ.

too bad he doesn't have amateur level wrestling
1405f-3.gif

Khabib+Nurmagomedov+Takedowns+Rafael+dos+Anjos+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif

tumblr_mndqwjRz6p1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

Guida095.jpg

khabib-nurmagomedov-UFC-160.jpg

:D

Pettis by ko in the 3rd round

Khabib is the best fighter in the division, no doubt.

He never had to lay on Jeremy Stephens to get a split decision or get mauled by featherweight Guida. He also never got dropped by some random Polish guy who isn't even in the UFC.

Bendo and Melendez are way out of their prime. I doubt Pettis even gets past RDA but if he does, Khabib mauling him is the best bet.

Pettis definitely makes some good points, but Pettis has lost to a wrestler before. I think Khabib is the biggest threat to his title, but with Pettis' championship experience and superb finishing ability, it is hard not to favor him in this fight.

Pettis definitely makes some good points, but Pettis has lost to a wrestler before. I think Khabib is the biggest threat to his title, but with Pettis' championship experience and superb finishing ability, it is hard not to favor him in this fight.

Yup.

RDA is fucking awesome but I think Pettis will beat him. I hope it is a good back and forth fight though. Khabib imo will take that belt by avoiding standup as much as he can and continuously taking down Pettis. Pettis has some slick submissions though so it will be interesting to see how he deals with Khabib on the ground.

Back