Champ Lawler vs. Diaz for the WW Title

I think they should've waited before announcing the rematch. But I think the UFC is betting against Diaz winning.

Yeah Dana, was dumb for booking the rematch when he did...Just reeked of desperation.... Should have waited to see the result of Silva vs. Diaz.... However,
as many Sherbro's have mentioned...It does seem, especially if you look at the advertising, that the UFC is pulling for/betting against a Diaz win.

ilNE4jiskPBlK.gif

but....

w.e. just hoping for a fun fight... And win or loss...Silva hits like a ***, jk :wink:

[YT]luzaR0yfXPs[/YT]

I want to see this. Whether Diaz loses or wins against Anderson, I like this fight. Not based on merit, but based on the interest factor.

if diaz beats andy, how relevant is diaz at MW, or will we just get "oh andy was 40 coming off injury layoff level over 9000" and a win over an over hill frank shammy that wasn't even fully a Mw fight and lots of "oh andy is andy and styles make fights and any of those power MW wrasslers wud hump diaz at will."

if diaz beats andy, how relevant is diaz at MW, or will we just get "oh andy was 40 coming off injury layoff level over 9000" and a win over an over hill frank shammy that wasn't even fully a Mw fight and lots of "oh andy is andy and styles make fights and any of those power MW wrasslers wud hump diaz at will."

Rest assured no one is ever going to give Diaz credit for anything ever. but fuck if I care I just like good fights.

It will definitely be a lot of over the hill talk if Diaz wins.

fck Lawler vs Hendricks III, I want to see a rematch with Diaz.

Rest assured no one is ever going to give Diaz credit for anything ever. but fuck if I care I just like good fights.

It will definitely be a lot of over the hill talk if Diaz wins.

When he starts actually winning his fights against the top opponents then he will start getting credit. You have no clue how people will react if he somehow beats Anderson because Nick always losses when put against people like Anderson. Over the hill or Not Anderson would be a HUGE win and the biggest of Nicks career

Do it regardless. Diaz losing to Anderson Silva takes nothing away from him. In fact, just stepping up to the plate and fighting Silva elevates him in my opinion.

Yep.

Hell, Couture got a HW title shot against Timmy on a loss at LHW.

Even Lawler VS Diaz-who-just-got-smashed-by-Anderson is more interesting than Lawler VS Hendricks 3. I don't understand why it's so important for the UFC to have Hendricks as a champ?
I mean if GSP didn't semi-retire, he would got the rematch there too. It's like someone who rule UFC is in love in Hendricks or something :/

He along with his brother will be cut after this fight. Lol @ him getting a title shot.

Agree, Rory and Lombard deserve it more, even Tyron or Brown, if Diaz win, he will have only 1 win in UFC in 3 years, last time was over a BJ , actually with 1-5-1 in his last 4 years, is totally ridiculous to root for a fighter who always fails in important fights to fight for a title

Deserves got nothing to do with it.

lol. This is the UFC, brotha.

If Silva get title shot with win, I can't see why Diaz could not get one. If he loses he could fight the loser of Lawlwer Hendricks. Would love to see him fight either guy.

Not going to happen. Anderson is going to put a clinic on Diaz. And Diaz needs to stand in line and earn his title shot like everyone else. If he wants to fight Lawler, wait until Lawler loses his belt or earn that fight like everyone else. All top 5 WW fighters beat Diaz. Enough with the Nick Diaz entitlement to title shots he doesn't deserve.

Not going to happen. Anderson is going to put a clinic on Diaz. And Diaz needs to stand in line and earn his title shot like everyone else. If he wants to fight Lawler, wait until Lawler loses his belt or earn that fight like everyone else. All top 5 WW fighters beat Diaz. Enough with the Nick Diaz entitlement to title shots he doesn't deserve.

So how does Anderson deserve a title shot after 2 losses in a row to the champ?

come on! Hendericks and Robbie III is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring!
Diaz can beat both of them at once!

i suspect hendricks is going to get injured WHEN diaz wins vs andy

You're right, it would be a good fight. Unfortunately the UFC would rather have Diaz go up to middleweight to fight a guy who's (supposedly) winding down his career than do anything to set up the fight in his proper weight class. Diaz will likely be slaughtered by Silva and lose any marketability he has as a result, then will probably "retire" again.

Back