chaining submissions

SPSUDISPATCH said:
Guard - Armbar, switch arms,
this one is great...and tight (if were thinking about the same armbar)

from side I like the armbar, bicept slicer, kimura, triangle.

from double attack i like lapel choke, armbar, rear mount to RNC.
getting to double attack by smashing the arm is relatively easy

Good post.

From the guard:

-Wristlock, armbar, oponent pulls arm out then triangle, or if he tries to stand up and i feel him pulling out let go of the arm and go for a knee-bar.

-Controlling an arm in the guard I like to try and dive under his armpit. If I still have his arm and clear my head under his armpit then I can lay back on it and try the guard version of the twister. If he pulls the arm free I'll try to reach for his foot and pull it up for a knee compression and its easy to add a heel hook to that. I can also try to take his back from here. If he blocked me diving under his armpit with his arm then I can transition to a kimura and if he blocks that then I can try a guillotine.

-From side I like to work a Kimura and transition that into an armbar, which is pretty standard. So sometimes I'll fake the Kimura and quickly for for a foot lock on the opposite foot or underhook his opposite ankle and wrap my other arm around his head for the side-cradle. Pressing his arm down on his solar plexus as you secure a figure 4 on it for the kimura can also bring his head up for a cool neck-crank you do with your legs. (off the bas rutten dvd's.) I like going for a knee-bar from here too.

-leg lock sequence:
Drop back into a heel-hook from regular leg-lock position (not 2 on 1). If he pulls the foot out of your armpit towards his butt bending it then you can toe-hold him. If he tries to roll out roll with him and knee-bar. If he straightens the leg so you can't heel-hook, then use your neck for a straight-leg heel hook.
If he pulls out and tries to sit up into you, but has his lower leg crossing you at the waist, inverted heel hook.

-From mount: Lay on him and smother him. When he brings his arm up to alleviate pressure try to force it across his face and go for a side-choke. If you wrap his neck, but he pulls the arm out you trap it next to your head and you can apply a strange but effective arm bar by just grabbing his wrist and pulling the arm as his elbow is trapped in your neck. You never have to sit up from a grapevined mount so this is an uber safe string to attempt.

I'll post a few more later.

my personal favourites:

kimura -> armbar (sidemount/full mount)
omo plata -> triangle -> armbar (guard)

It is a little hard to do and I haven't gotten consistent with it yet, but it really catches people off guard. Since most see the arm bar coming, they start defending but forget about their other arm. As you lift your hips, using your leg that is not on their hips, drop your foot down to their hip or side and spin into the other armbar. That is the best I can describe it. Watch Paulo Filho's fight with Shoji from Pride 22 to see it done perfectly

One more:

-from the guard: inside armbar, transition to triangle when he pulls the arm free, now underhook the leg and sweep. Keep control of the leg and toe-hold.

Favs:
From bottom h-g: kimura to knee-bar to inverted heel-hook.
From side-m: twister to taking his back (rnc) to armbar.
From rubber g: armbar -triangle - omoplata - no arms inside triangle.

I just flow with the go. If I go for a triangle, he defends, I'll start working for an armbar. If I try to do a triangle and he stands up, I'll hook his foot and sweep to mount. I don't plan out a certain path or certain moves that I intend to do if a guy defends, I just go with what they give me.

i dont train i bjj jj or any type of grappleing but two weeks ago i got tooken to the ground during sparring and got this sequnce of subs going i went from an arm tringle on his right arm the lossened up a liittle and whenhe pulled up i rotated to the left and an omaplata(sp) as he tried to kick me i grabed his foot and ended the round holding an ankle lock.
i've also gone from a guiltione t kimara but i was weak

RNC to armbar/bicep slicer
armbar (which i never hit) to omoplata to triangle

Can someone tell me what inverted Heel hook is?I know a HH but most website which has HH[which is little] does not mention the inverted one.

Also, a twister?

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
my personal favourites:

kimura -> armbar (sidemount/full mount)
omo plata -> triangle -> armbar (guard)

Its frequently mentioned enuf..kimura to armbar frm sidemount.

However, which one do you do? u kimura his left arm then u do the right or left? Somehow, the omo, armbar and triangle combo seems better coz ya legs r just bside. In Kimura to armbar, your legs hav 2 move quite a distasnce 4 him to react.

you kimura his say, left arm, and he blocks. Then hug his arm to your chest and step over his head, if necessary, drag your other leg and take another step. Either way, the leg you didn't step with will automatically be over his face, so you just flip to your back and finish the armbar. It is a very quick move that you have to see coming to block.

Back