Chael: "When i watch conors skillset from television, i think its weird"

Moves weird

AcceptableAnotherAstarte.gif

qI9o5FtAoZJXG.gif

Its not anyones job, but you put yourself out there, then, when pressed, couldnt provide any reply to the question asked and then told me "look for yourself"

gtfooh.... nice way to backtrack lol

show me a gif of conor landing a capoeira kick ever in a fight in the ufc..... ill be waiting

If he is this great kicker that you say he is "known for", im sure there would be gifed highlights of the moments who gave him this reputation..... :rolleyes:
‘When pressed couldn’t provide any reply’

Don’t you sound like an entitled and stupid little shit bahaha

I literally told you some places you could look, 3 of the 4 being some of the biggest fights in ufc history- diaz 1 & 2 and the Alvarez fight, and the 4th just happening to be against the current fw champ. But you are somehow unaware of these fights.

But then again you also didn’t even know that Conor threw high kicks, so it isn’t really surprising hahaha.

Do you even ufc, bro? <Lmaoo>

‘When pressed couldn’t provide any reply’

Don’t you sound like an entitled and stupid little shit bahaha

I literally told you some places you could look, 3 of the 4 being some of the biggest fights in ufc history- diaz 1 & 2 and the Alvarez fight, and the 4th just happening to be against the current fw champ. But you are somehow unaware of these fights.

But then again you also didn’t even know that Conor threw high kicks, so it isn’t really surprising hahaha.

Do you even ufc, bro? <Lmaoo>
Wow.... you are trying really hard to dismiss this...

You know full well i was talking about kicks the entire time... Dont try to reply about something i didnt even mention to diverge the conversation.

Show me one gif or pic of conor using high kicks in the fights you mentioned. Oh... wait, you cant.

Its not like we are talking about some random fighter here... There are gifs of conor doing literally everything, yet you cant show me one of the move you said he is "known for"???

LOL

Dude.... bye.

Last edited:
Main reason why Conor is able to have his hands low is because he typically has a decent reach advantage.

Aldo, Mendes, Eddie, Poirier, Siver, Holloway....

Now look at what happened the first time he faced a guy he didn't have the reach advantage over in years... Diaz.

It's one thing having a reach advantage, but it's another knowing how to use it.

Stefan Struve should have being HW Champion a long time ago if that was the case. But it's almost frustrating watching him fight and having a reach that goes nearly halfway across the octagon and he rarely uses it at all.

I know why its weird, What the FUck has he done to garner this Elite status...Answer, Nothing more than average, but when you have UFC brass in your pocket, investing millions into marketing you you as Elite, it helps.
Lets take a look
Win over Siver...and???
same for Brimage
beat an injured Holloway ...2nd fight a different story
beat journeyman Poirer, who can now afford top level fight camps, not to mention the slew of illegal back of the head shots....when UFC is backing you you get the best vs some guy who pays for his own shit, ahmmm, welfare much Conor..
Late replacement Mendes who was ragdolling most of you fanboys's hero, on 2 weeks notice, and had he stuck to same strategy, would have won
then he lost to Cabo nate, and cabo nate with camp, but the judges are merely scapegoats, easy to blame them. and easy to buy them
Brandao...who?
And Eddie, strikeforce, and definitely fought a fishy fight.

So yeah, he looks weird on tv
plays touch butt with idol portal, gasses after 1.5 rounds, confirmed coke user which means doesn't take anything seriously, wwe stunt with dolly...
Am I the only one that cringes at this shit the way I cringe when I youtube Ronda in the wwe?

Last edited:
Anytime something new gets introduced into MMA at a high level, it goes through a phase of "wow, that shouldn't work"

Winning fights off your back or letting yourself getting taken down used to get the same thing. "he's giving up the takedown WTF, OH HE WON"

Movement skills is the newer skill set that a lot of guys are way behind on. Mostly because of the dogma from other disciplines approaches to footwork

Anderson fought the same way. It works for some guys.
Main reason why Conor is able to have his hands low is because he typically has a decent reach advantage.

Aldo, Mendes, Eddie, Poirier, Siver, Holloway....

Now look at what happened the first time he faced a guy he didn't have the reach advantage over in years... Diaz.
In addition to what @BBMN said, Silva developed a hands down style to better defend against takedowns; Silva and McGregor keep their hands down for two completely different reasons.

investing millions into marketing you

The UFC don't spend millions in marketing on anyone. It probably cost them a fair few quid doing the world tour with Aldo.

The UFC have always being shit at marketing fighters. What, they put them high up on a card, fly them to an event as a 'guest fighter' now they're owned by a firm that has links with big brands they could potentially get them a gig in a film, TV show or ad.

Or if you have some details there on millions they spend on marketing fighters, please do tell.

most awkward fighter in LW is Tony Ferguson not Conor...

The UFC don't spend millions in marketing on anyone. It probably cost them a fair few quid doing the world tour with Aldo.

The UFC have always being shit at marketing fighters. What, they put them high up on a card, fly them to an event as a 'guest fighter' now they're owned by a firm that has links with big brands they could potentially get them a gig in a film, TV show or ad.

Or if you have some details there on millions they spend on marketing fighters, please do tell.
unless you are blind..i suggest opening your eyes...

Conor utilizes movement and looks to parry shots/counter. It is sort of like Wonderboy.

Guys who keep their chin down and hands up means nothing if they just plod flat-footed.

It's one thing having a reach advantage, but it's another knowing how to use it.

Stefan Struve should have being HW Champion a long time ago if that was the case. But it's almost frustrating watching him fight and having a reach that goes nearly halfway across the octagon and he rarely uses it at all.
Stephan struve is the shawn Bradley of mma. point is irrelevant.

Feel free to copy his style somewhat it works obviously

Chael talks like he was a champ but in reality he's still riding The wave of "almost beating Anderson"

unless you are blind..i suggest opening your eyes...

The irony.

Here's why Conor is as big as he is; like GSP, who is from Canada - I don't know what other sports they're good at aside from ice hockey, Ireland is not exactly on the big stage going for World and European cups in football, Olympics is so, so - usually get a couple of medals in Boxing on average and we've being pretty good in rugby in the last few years.

It's like grass roots MMA - if you can sell tickets, you get more opportunities and more of a following. It's like Hatton in the Boxing when thousands of fans travelled over to America to watch his fights with Pacquaio and Mayweather. The Canadian and Irish fans as well as fans from other parts of the world combined travel over for the fights.

I think you're getting million spent on an event mixed up with marketing, as if it was the UFC pumping millions behind marketing, surely you could easily answer your own theory.

It's kind of true.

BUT - Dudes timing and accuracy is almost uncanny.

He gets away with things because of his movement and his ability to pin-point shots that are superior to his opponents. He is really accurate with that left hand.
This. Also feel like he has that timing and accuracy and doesnt let the fear of his weakness's disrupt his strength. You see guys that are better boxers but in an mma match their game wouldnt translate due to threat of: extended clinchs, takedown threat, threat of kick/knees/elbows. They freeze up and dont pull the trigger.Conor implements his game without letting the fear of those things disrupt his greatest strength. In my opinion he is still the most deadly striker in mma p4p at the moment.

The irony.

Here's why Conor is as big as he is; like GSP, who is from Canada - I don't know what other sports they're good at aside from ice hockey, Ireland is not exactly on the big stage going for World and European cups in football, Olympics is so, so - usually get a couple of medals in Boxing on average and we've being pretty good in rugby in the last few years.

It's like grass roots MMA - if you can sell tickets, you get more opportunities and more of a following. It's like Hatton in the Boxing when thousands of fans travelled over to America to watch his fights with Pacquaio and Mayweather. The Canadian and Irish fans as well as fans from other parts of the world combined travel over for the fights.

I think you're getting million spent on an event mixed up with marketing, as if it was the UFC pumping millions behind marketing, surely you could easily answer your own theory.
it's called business, friend. do you have higher education? well I do. in business. and the 18-34 range, are the easiest to manipulate, confuse, and sell to.. among other things. thus they believe what they are essentially told, ie marketing. youll get there, in 3- 15 years.

Back