Media Chael thought Max beat Volk in their first fight

Hopefully mini-Volk was part of that 75 person cut. He's forgettable boring.

Volk won the first and Max won the second. Max never really looked like himself in either fight though. He used to just give everything he had but since the Poirier fight he's looked hesitant.

Chael gets his fights mixed up sometimes, and on top of that, he scores fights kind of bizarrely as well. I remember him saying he thought Lawler won the first Hendricks fight and he thought Hendricks won the second one.. lol smh.
I mean in that 2nd one I thought the judges would give it to Johny via wall n stall

Max Holloway got outstruck 96-62 in rounds 3-5. I understand people wanted max to win cause he goes for finishes and always puts on a barn burner (expect for the Frankie fight lol) but he lost clear as day. None of the first two rounds were 10-8 it’s all Max’s fault for slowing down after round 2 Alexander kept turning up the pace and destroyed Holloway’s leg again so he couldn’t fight the same the whole time.
A4CBBF3C-4D81-493E-B5CC-A0ECD043FD69.jpeg

Volk is now confirmed as LW GOAT, even above Aldo and Conor, who also tooled Max.

Max Holloway got outstruck 96-62 in rounds 3-5. I understand people wanted max to win cause he goes for finishes and always puts on a barn burner (expect for the Frankie fight lol) but he lost clear as day. None of the first two rounds were 10-8 it’s all Max’s fault for slowing down after round 2 Alexander kept turning up the pace and destroyed Holloway’s leg again so he couldn’t fight the same the whole time.
View attachment 815343
Eh, I thought Volk won but it wasn't "clear as day".
Round 3 was incredibly close, one of the closest rounds in recent memory actually.
I'm pretty sure the Global Scorecard on Verdict had round 3 as 9.54 for Holloway and 9.5 for Volk, which is ridiculously close.

Edit:
Screenshot_20201119-135048_Instagram.jpg

Side note, I love Verdict's way of scoring.

Starts at 1:00 min in.

MMAdecisions site is down right now, but if I recall every media outlet had it for Volk, a couple being 50-45 & the majority of them being 49-46.

Wtf has Chael been smoking since retirement?
<JagsKiddingMe>

I thought the second one went for Max, but so narrowly I had zero problem, at all, with it going the other way, or if it would have been a draw.

But, yeah, sometimes I think Chael says contrarian stuff just for the attention.

Another new hook that he has added to his gimmick line is saying that the latest legend to get destroyed in a main event “looked really good in there.”

Back