Chael Sonnen's next opponent.

If he loses, I could see that. Depending on how the fight goes.

Well yeah, Chael will retire if he loses this fight.

In other words, Chael will retire after the fight vs Jones.

If you buy enough lottery tickets, you may eventually win. This will be Chael's third big underdog fight and he has shown that at least he can handle the pressure.

Who am I fooling? Not even myself. JJ will embarrass him.

After the largest, faster, stronger, smarter, Jon Jones (who is also a better at punching, kicking, striking, submitting, wrestling, clinching, takedowns, ground and pound, working his way into good ground position, and whatnot) demolishes Cheal Sonnen, Chael will find a way to either cancel the GSP/Diaz fight and fight GSP, fight the winner of that fight (which will be GSP) for the WW title, or find a way to get into a HW title fight.

That or his next fight will be against The Rock or Brock Lesnar at some WWE show, and he'll remain there, like a true trash talker.

If he loses to Jones, Chael will probably hang it up and become an analyst.

Sonnen beats jones and then gets his revenge on silva at franklin weight you heard it here first B-)

I think Rashads hands are slightly over rated, chaels slightly under, probably even more so now after the spinning back fall. Still give an advantage to Rashad of course in the striking, but I give the grappling advantage to Chael mainly because he wants the fight there Rashad has fallen in love with his hands.

I think its that Rashad as been caught while shooting in in the past.

Rashad might have quicker hands and more power ... but Sonnen has the chin combined with his wrestling so he can just come forward in ways that Rashad cannot.

Rashad's chin isn't weak ... but is clearly isn't strong. He has been rocked multiple times in the past.

That is why he stood with Jones ... he is afraid to get hit.

Sonnen doesn't have that fear due to his chin. He will come forward against Jones and wrestle Jones in ways no one else has.

After Jones beats Chael, I want to see Chael Vs Rashad. 2 big personalities with the best wrestling at 205 and great hands. Who takes it, I can't decide.

Since when does Chael have great hands? Average (and that's being generous) at best IMO

There has to be a Rashad vs Chael I for a part II to happen.

That is why he stood with Jones ... he is afraid to get hit.

Sonnen doesn't have that fear due to his chin. He will come forward against Jones and wrestle Jones in ways no one else has.

you think Jones is the only 1 in this fight facing something new? tell me someone who sonnen has fought that emulated Joe's athleticism, wrestling, physical advantages, with nifty unorthodox striking to boot. Both fighters will have a lot of in fight adapting to do.

Since when does Chael have great hands? Average (and that's being generous) at best IMO

Sonnen stood with both Anderson and Bisping ... of course the threat of the takedown helps a ton ... but I wouldn't say average if you can stand against Bisping and Anderson and connect.

Sonnen will beat Bones and retire, just to kick us all in the balls.

After Jones gets Medium Rare'd, Machida should face Chael next.

He'll lobby for, and get, an immediate title shot against GSP.

After Jones gets Medium Rare'd, Machida should face Chael next.

How much money you putting on Sonnen? I'm not trying to get in your personal business, I'm just tired of every Jones fight I put at least 200 dollars on Jon and hardly earn back that much because the betting lines are so skewed. So if you're so sure Jones is getting smoked you mind putting a few hundreds on your boy?

Back