Media Chael Sonnen was only paid $85,000 for both of his fights with Anderson Silva

What do you think he deserved in 1st fight ??? according to how these fighters get paid to begin with..... especially back then.
Reebok hadn't been facilitated into promotion yet(pretty sure)

DUH

AND some dumb fools argued with me saying Chael got PPV numbers or his pay will 1m

Chael kissed so much ass
Even dana was shocked
And giggled nervous
You argued Conor only got $20m for Floyd....

PPV points? This isn't some big secret. They get a dollar figure per buy over a certain threshold.

You would have to be retarded to think he got 50k for main eventing a 1 million buy PPV.

Only if it's in their contract. Do you have the contract? How do you know Silva wasn't the only one given points?

Only if it's in their contract. Do you have the contract? How do you know Silva wasn't the only one given points?

You honestly think Chael did all that promotion to fight for 50K in the rematch?

Think child, think.

It was never to dodge taxes.

What would ever have been the purpose? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that back in the early days there were indeed times when a card performed well (like Chuck vs Randy) and Lorenzo said, "fuck it, here you go, boys. $200k, cash," but what benefit would there be to a consistent practice?

What would ever have been the purpose? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that back in the early days there were indeed times when a card performed well (like Chuck vs Randy) and Lorenzo said, "fuck it, here you go, boys. $200k, cash," but what benefit would there be to a consistent practice?
The purpose was to reward the right behaviors. It wasn’t tax fraud. I mean they were public about the practice - why would they do that if it was to not pay taxes?

I make those kind of mistakes all the time, because, for example, 85,000$ would be 85$ in Finnish language and on the contrary 85.000$ would be 85,000$.
Same here. You can use 85K instead.

How do you know this? Please don't say one of those networth sites...
They believe anything, notice it’s always some nice neat number, “$10 million”, lol
And Chael getting PPV points?, I’ll believe it when I see the contract.

You don't know ahead of time how good a fight is going to be or what the sales will be. I'm pretty sure the "backroom bonuses" were to specifically reward the fighters who went to war and/or spread the wealth if a card did really good numbers. I'm sure Chael was paid a lot for both his performance in the first fight and the work he put in promoting the rematch. While Mighty Mouse probably didnt get any bonuses that time he had the worst ppv sales in the modern era.

Are some of you fucking retarded? Chael got PPV points, he made over a million bucks in any of those fights. In one interview he said he couldn't believe the check Dana sent him.

Are some of you fucking retarded? Chael got PPV points, he made over a million bucks in any of those fights. In one interview he said he couldn't believe the check Dana sent him.

Prove it. Somebody saying they got X amount of money, especially chael sonnen, means nothing. Sonnen is a suck up and would take low pay anyway.

This is a good metric, typically the deals are around this level. It's actually an incredibly low split for main event fighters, but the setup is different. UFC/ZUFFA/WME incures "all" costs of the company, including the production, promotions & marketing of the events. The higher profile fighters receive more $$, Conor probably closer to $10/ppv. There's not a chance he was fighting for under $20M his last time out.

It isn't a good metric at all it. It an outlier due to there being a bidding war over Alvarez. Why claim things you don't know? Just shut up. You have no idea what he was paid. That is a fact.

Prove it. Somebody saying they got X amount of money, especially chael sonnen, means nothing. Sonnen is a suck up and would take low pay anyway.

You're right. He obviously took 50K to main event a million dollar PPV that he did 1000 hours of promo work for.

UFC 117:
maoOxvH.png

UFC 148:

No wonder Chael went to Bellator. To get paid like this for the amount of promotion Chael did for these two cards is absolutely ludicrous.

For perspective:
UFC 117 did 600,000 PPV buys.
UFC 148 did 925,000 PPV buys.

the ufc 117 was chael breakout event and pulled the upset so he was luck yo get paid that. there all this thing call ppv points that he got as well.

if u gone talk about chael and belaltor be correct. he only in belaltor cause he cant pass a usada drug tests.

Back