Media Chael Sonnen was only paid $85,000 for both of his fights with Anderson Silva

ChaelSonnen

The American Gangster
@purple
Reaction score
UFC 117:
maoOxvH.png

UFC 148:

No wonder Chael went to Bellator. To get paid like this for the amount of promotion Chael did for these two cards is absolutely ludicrous.

For perspective:
UFC 117 did 600,000 PPV buys.
UFC 148 did 925,000 PPV buys.

Imagine actually believing that lol.

Chael broke 1mill easy for the rematch.

He got paid $85 for a UFC title fight?

Edit: I see you finally decided to replace the full stop with a comma.

<45>

Last edited:
I bet that 'back stage' bonus was pretty big.

Chael Sonnen changed his entire career from the Silva fight. Even if he did get paid just that ( which I doubt he did ) , he still reaps the benefits today. The best promoter in the history of the sport.

Also i'd just like to point out that those fights were probably nearly a decade ago where MMA was not at all as big as it is today, the UFC has grown quite enormously since then, so obviously the pay will be lower.

Just compare that UFC"s pay of that event to today's recent event pay and you'll even though it could be better, it is a very noticeable improvement

How do you know that?

PPV points? This isn't some big secret. They get a dollar figure per buy over a certain threshold.

You would have to be retarded to think he got 50k for main eventing a 1 million buy PPV.

Failed attempt at “the fighters are underpaid!”.
Jesus...who cares what any of these guys get paid? Who the hell whines about another man’s paycheck?

His net worth is at 10 Million. Chael is a good business man with many side hustles.

PPV and they were still getting real sponsor money on top of purse

PPV points? This isn't some big secret. They get a dollar figure per buy over a certain threshold.

You would have to be retarded to think he got 50k for main eventing a 1 million buy PPV.
Well thats just a guess its not concrete but it does seem quite possible.
Was hoping you'd be able to give a source for that, anyway idk how well the ppv did but u could base it of that

Loronzo strongly hinted in an interview just after the 2nd fight that he was handed an additional 1 million dollars for the effort he did in promoting the fight.

He got paid $85 for a UFC title fight?

Edit: I see you finally decided to replace the full stop with a comma.

<45>
I make those kind of mistakes all the time, because, for example, 85,000$ would be 85$ in Finnish language and on the contrary 85.000$ would be 85,000$.

He laundered the fuck out of it though.

Well thats just a guess its not concrete but it does seem quite possible.
Was hoping you'd be able to give a source for that, anyway idk how well the ppv did but u could base it of that

When Alvarez fights on a UFC PPV broadcast, the offer states it entitles him to $1 for each “buy” between 200,000 and 400,000 buys, $2 per buy between 400,000 and 600,000 buys, and $2.50 per buy over 600,000 buys.

https://mmajunkie.com/2013/01/eddie...ncludes-immediate-title-shot-pay-per-view-cut

Back