Media Chael Sonnen: "Shevchenko deserves respect"

Good to see The Gangster from West Linn give Valentina respect. It's crazy to think how spotty Judging can affect the career trajectory of certain Fighters that often lead to the conversation of "Where said Fighter could have been"

I don't think there's anyone that can really argue that Valentina isn't the MOST skilled WMMA Fighter in the world right now. Yes she has two losses to Amanda, and no I'm not saying Amanda isn't good, so Shut the Fuck up Amanda fanboys, but let's be real, outside of the controversial decision for the second fight WHO in the world can anyone confidently say can beat Valentina right now?

She beats Jennifer Maia which she stands a very good chance to do, she's gotta be in that Goat Conversation. It's not her, or Amanda or Joanna or any other High Level WMMA FIghter's fault that other Females just aren't dedicated enough, and for those that are, unfortunately aren't good enough to compete with them.

Valentina and Amanda Nunes are fucking work horses who busted their ass and use their God given strengths to accomplish great things, so I don't really understand how Fans can hold it against them that the level of Competition doesn't have their level of drive, and skill. They deserve all the respect for what they accomplished.

WMMA is always going to be evolving and a bit behind, but it's VERY clear that WMMA Fighters CAN break that ceiling, it's a matter of wanting too.

Last edited:
Mannnn Chael really gets on my nerves on here. But probably the type of guy I’d get along with in real life. Lol

Anyways of course she fucking does.

She has quite the list of accomplishments and I enjoy her fights....soo...

Hespect.

I don’t think anyone doesn’t acknowledge the fact that she is N.2 behind Amanda. I think Valentina’s path to becoming the greatest WMMA fighter is quite clear. Superfight with Weili Zhang, then moving back up to 135 for the trilogy.

Good to see The Gangster from West Linn give Valentina respect. It's crazy to think how spotty Judging can affect the career trajectory of certain Fighters that often lead to the conversation of "Where said Fighter could have been"

I don't think there's anyone that can really argue that Valentina isn't the MOST skilled WMMA Fighter in the world right now. Yes she has two losses to Amanda, and no I'm not saying Amanda isn't good, so Shut the Fuck up Amanda fanboys, but let's be real, outside of the controversial decision for the second fight WHO in the world can anyone confidently say can beat Valentina right now?

She beats Jennifer Maia which she stands a very good chance to do, she's gotta be in that Goat Conversation. It's not her, or Amanda or Joanna or any other High Level WMMA FIghter's fault that other Females just aren't dedicated enough, and for those that are, unfortunately aren't good enough to compete with them.

Valentina and Amanda Nunes are fucking work horses who busted their ass and use their God given strengths to accomplish great things, so I don't really understand how Fans can hold it against them that the level of Competition don't have their level of drive, and skill. They deserve all the respect for what they accomplished.

WMMA is always going to be an evolving and a bit behind, but it's VERY clear that WMMA Fighters CAN break that ceiling, it's a matter of wanting too.
The good thing about womens mma is that it used to sucks so bad. So that evolution span is going to be huge.
Constant evolution awaits.

Val might be my favourite active fighter

Nothing but respect for Shev from me and I think that if there's another fight with Nunes, Shev gets the W. 2nd fight should have been a draw.

I got em tied 1a and 1b. If both were the same size I'd probably lean towards Val to win.
I got it similar. Nunes the better athlete, Val the more technical fighter. Nunes has more power, Val has more speed and better reaction time.

I'm not really into WMMA for the most part but even I tune in for Val's fights, she's amazing.

People are talking about her and Nunes again but I want to see her fight Andrade first. I figure she beats Andrade but Andrade is one of the few other actually good WMMA fighters and she's a beefy gal who I think makes for a good fight for Val.

I wasn’t aware of anybody not giving her respect?? I guess if you say Nunes beat her twice, you’re talking shit, or what?

wtf?

Back