Chael Sonnen: PRIDE is

Chael getting slept by Belfort. It's gonna be kind funny

I wish chael didn't feel the need to say these things. PRIDE was amazing.

Maybe if the writing staff wrote it out like that.
*bookers

Furthermore, the closest PRIDE ever got to fixing fights was giving dudes extremely favorable match-ups... which the UFC does too (see: Conor McGregor).

everything chael says comes true. why is this a suprise? guy speaks the truth, people just don't want to hear it.

*bookers

Furthermore, the closest PRIDE ever got to fixing fights was giving dudes extremely favorable match-ups... which the UFC does too (see: Conor McGregor).

Except for the fact some fighters flat-out admitted to it.

"I dont think wanderlei will show up on July 5."

Mayne he knew yesterday...

Except for the fact some fighters flat-out admitted to it.
I was about to quote myself to address this. Yes, there are some flagrant works like Takada-Sturgeon and Takada-Coleman (ALL of Takada's wins in PRIDE were works), but by and large, that kind of shit was limited to the 90s when PRIDE kinda sucked and practically had a different ruleset for every event.

Coleman has admitted it, yes, but that's pretty much it. All the amazing divisionally-relevant fights in PRIDE like Kawajiri-Gomi, Rampage-Wand I and II, Fedor-Cro Cop, Coleman-Nogueira, etc. were not works in any fashion.

Even Gary Goodridge will say that agreements to throw a fight were usually made between camps; for example Naoya Ogawa's camp offered him money to take a dive and he declined (went on to get subbed anyway though, poor Gary).

Who cares about PRIDE today? It was awesome when it was current, but that was the past.

It's important to bear in mind that Takada clashed horns with Ice Cold Igor AND CRO COP in non-worked fights as well though. He wasn't shook.

Chael is genuinely a lot funnier than turds like Kevin Hart. How did that guy get famous?

Chael predict this before it happen

Wand running scared
where you at wand and all his fans, come at me

Back