Chael Sonnen Originally Thought He Might Face Anthony Johnson When Wanderlei Withdrew

What a pointless fight. Anthony smashes Chael and where does that put him, nowhere.

Meh ... beating Shale won't be a big deal, but it'll be a payday, with him taking minimal damage ... and, more importantly, an easy building block toward the "Rumble is on a (x) fight win streak"

I think Shael beats Nog. The other 2 not so much.

Why? He beat Rashad in his last fight who is a better wrestler and striker than Sonnen and Lil Nog has been doing better and better against every wrestler he's faced in the UFC. Sonnen's wrestling isn't nearly as good at 205 as it is at 185, he would get finished by Lil Nog by TKO or submission. Belfort is the easiest match up of the three as he has the worst TDD and isn't as much of a submission threat as Lil Nog is.

Sonnen vs Lil Nog would be a good fight if Chael wasn't moving down to MW, Lil Nog would beat him.

And not a fan of rumble or ever been on his hype train but he would destroy Chael.

Diet Nog doesn't fight.

Chael said he wants easy fights. the one reason fights Vitor Belfort is the winner was promised a middleweight title shot

I'd rather see Chael vs Lil Nog. (or Chael vs Jacare :D)

Chael said he wants easy fights. the one reason fights Vitor Belfort is the winner was promised a middleweight title shot

Dana said title shot is only for Vitor but i know the UFC cant resist letting Chael fight for another title.

Oh wow! Chael needs to make sure his face looks good for his broadcasting gigs. Rumble will rearrange that face.

All three beat him. Now that he's off TRT even Wand beats him. Shogun beats him in a rematch and I'll be surprised if he touches Lil / Diet Nog.

All three beat him. Now that he's off TRT even Wand beats him. Shogun beats him in a rematch and I'll be surprised if he touches Lil / Diet Nog.

I don't really agree with any of that, I think Chael would have been a bad fight for Wand.

Horrible matchup for Chael. Kinda feel bad for him. the coward ducks him so they stiff him with a fighter at his peak, a weightclass up.

you saw what happened to phil davis, what do you think chael would do?

Chael's takedowns, clinch work, top game, gameplanning and fight IQ are all better than Davis'. I'm not saying he'd beat Rumble, I just think using that fight as a reference is foolish.

Deceptively deceptive thread title is deceptively deceptive.

I'll take a delusional Chael who's willing to fight anyone at any given time over guys who duck opponents.

Love him or hate him he show's up to fight.

This situation got even worse and more confusing

Yet another topic where more than half of sherdog will display its cluelessness.

You know it's sad when one of Chael's jokes sails over the majority of heads. Really says something about the quality of posters here.

Johnson would knock his head off.

Rumble's a scary dude.

Yeah, Rumble makes me nervous. He could be a serious threat to top contenders. Jones still eats his soul, imo.

Back