Chael Sonnen On Jim Rome: Talks Jon Jones, Anderson Silva And "Dumbass" Jovan Belcher

I'm happy to know that Chael will be entertaining us long after his leaves the octagon behind.

He definitely shouldn't have any trouble finding employment post-UFC. Very talented and funny guy.

just made a facebook status about that quote about guns.

God that is so true. Everyone is going round and round about mental issues, and gun control, ect, but very few people are just flat out saying: This is Adam Lanza's fault. HE killed those kids. It was 100% up to him and he did it. Adam Lanza is a PIECE OF SHIT.

The comments on Marquez were interesting. Second puberty at 39 years old lol.

When ever I see Jim all I can think of is this.

1261964_o.gif

The dude's just a douche...

If only that guy had used some GnP then.... Ah well, it'll work out in my dreams...

Completely agree with everything he is saying but about him being champ.

On paper I should hate Chael, but he makes me laugh all the damn time and i just have to cheer for him.

On paper I should hate Chael, but he makes me laugh all the damn time and i just have to cheer for him.

I really think I just don't get American humour. I mean nothing he ever says is funny, it's just weird. He goes unconscious in the first fight, he gets beaten the crap out of in the second and then says he vacated his championship? Hows that funny? Where's the joke? I really don't get it, not a single line he's ever said has raised even a smile from me, the man's just plain strange. Or is that the joke, he acts like a schizo, that's the joke?

I really think I just don't get American humour. I mean nothing he ever says is funny, it's just weird. He goes unconscious in the first fight, he gets beaten the crap out of in the second and then says he vacated his championship? Hows that funny? Where's the joke? I really don't get it, not a single line he's ever said has raised even a smile from me, the man's just plain strange. Or is that the joke, he acts like a schizo, that's the joke?

most the time he says the most absurd things with a straight face, his delivery is pretty good and he doesn't over due it. The Nog brothers bus joke killed me. He talks a lot of trash but it is rarely of the meathead dudebro variety. In my opinion he isn't really about telling jokes, it's more like Andy Kaufman but no where near his level

Last edited:
If you don't think this is hilarious, then I don't know what to say.

HEY TS, Stop spamming threads of last weeks news!!!

23702307.jpg

Chael P. Sonnen is the most interesting man in the UFC.

PS: The P. stands for Perfection

I don't know where you're from, but interpreting another culture's humor is tough for anybody. For instance, most Americans find British humour a bit dry for our tastes. Satire is a popular form of comedy today, with the "Stephen Colbert show" being a perfect example. Chael means to be completely ridiculous, while pretending to be oblivious to the insanity of his statements. He's "playing dumb", if you will.

Chael started out a bit lame with the Anderson talk but then it picked up from there and he finished strong

I'm not american and I understand Chael's humor.
He makes fun of others but also makes fun of himself, he's by far the most entertaining men in the UFC and a good fighter too.

Bisping outshines Chael in the trash talk. Chael's act is old

Unlike Bisping, what Chael says are actually quite intelligent even though they are intentional bullshit.

I also agree with Chael on the Jovan Belcher comment.

Back