Chael Sonnen: North Americans don't want to see Khabib return

So you'd like to see him come back at the end of the day.
Not bothered either way, the only appeal of seeing him coming back is to see him get beat but the boring fights negate this so it balances out as not really caring either way.

Chael is obnoxious and way off half the time . One of those annoying content creators that just constantly uploads from the latest news and have hot takes for clicks . Luke Thomas totally dismantled him on how he doesn't speak up for fighters rights too . If you really want the latest MMA news go to MMA outlets ... If you want hot takes your at the right place here on sherdog lol .

But one party lead to the storming of a capitol. The other one is a pissed fundamentalist.

I think Khabib’s posts were far more inciting than anything I’ve seen Masvidal post. Not that I would blame Khabib for the actions of some lunatics after the fact.

Jorge has even said he's lost followers, views etc based on his views. Take it ffrom him.

If you pick a side you are going to lose fans but I’m not sure it’s had a massive effect on him. He was never going to be able to maintain that hype.

And what were you, Chael?

You were the N. American savior meant to save us from a Brazilian champion and you shit the bed not once but twice.

You also got submitted by someone who is a real American Tito Ortiz, after all the trash you talked about his ex who he wasn't even with anymore..

What have you done for us 'Muricans, Chael? Except make us look bad and make us look like dumb idiots who get their come uppence when it matters despite your months of trash talk and build-up that's only meant to help your bank account?

You are a snake oil salesmen sir and your whole brand is tainted in controversy as Chael Sonnen only cares about Chael Sonnen and the rest of us Red, White and Bluers get left in the dust as Chael's bullshit gets debunked & disproven when he's mostly incorrect about everything.

Don't waste your time with this channel. There is better stuff to subscribe to.

Chael really hit this kid in the feels!
<{outtahere}>

I will never call it, "uncle chael" or things like that, but he's actually an american I'm ok with sometimes. Love his honesty. He turned down several fights with me when he was entering vale tudo. or mma? respect to him. fighting style 0. charisma ? which showcase? mma? pro wrest? solid body of work from the oregonian gangster.

I didn't listen to this guy when he was an active fighter. I listen even less now.

I think Khabib’s posts were far more inciting than anything I’ve seen Masvidal post. Not that I would blame Khabib for the actions of some lunatics after the fact.

If you pick a side you are going to lose fans but I’m not sure it’s had a massive effect on him. He was never going to be able to maintain that hype.
Eh, I don't know about that. Possibly not but having that much of an association with that movement I think hurt his stock. He wasn't just doing pep talks. He was bickering with everyone. He kinda came off crazy.

I think what Khabib said about macron was terrible and more inciting, but it was one post. He didn't keep milking it before the election and post. When asked about it at a press conference, he said he rather not talk about it or something along those lines.

I agree, he's a journeymen he wasn't going to maintain it, but even Jorge saw the correlation betwen his trump boner and him losing fans. He could have kept it kosher like cejudo, ben askren, eddie alvarez, I mean there's a bunch of guys that support trump in mma. A bunch. shit, that's colbys gimmick and he wasn't being like masvidal. Jorge was bickering with media, fans, celebs. I think part of it was his manager, but it dropped his stock sooner than later.

only to come back LOL.

It's more about the chance of Khabib losing.

I'm not a huge fan of Khabib, but I would like to see him keep fighting. Paper champions like Blachowicz aren't interesting.

I would also like to see Khabib at 170. Although obviously that would never happen.

Most of what he says if fair tbh.

As a die hard MMA fan I love watching Khabib compete but he doesn't capture the imagination of the American casuals like Conor, Izzy or Jon.

Khabib did nothing wrong just facts

Idk mate, every casual fan I know has heard of Beeb and most think he’s the GoAT, lol.

Looks like the ufc smear campaign has begun since Beeb turned down the red goof

As usual Chael is right. I'd only like to see him come back to get beat but yeah, his fights are pretty boring so not bothered either way.

I'd make that comeback fight. Problem is promo videos would be censored. All of them. Too many cctv cam footage of me me getting horded on, polizi in plain view and they do nothing. I should be an easy living cunt by now if I was a cunt american trying to pursue lawsuits. Then again all the attorney's around here don't break the lines with judge/polizi. Always...? When they have at least 6 squads with hd camers in vehicle mysteriously the digi copies are always not present. And Body cams?! Fuck off American fucking cunts/cops. Luckily I survive your shots but never good enough to look at as a fucking cunt crime. BTW not mexican all you americun cunt cops.

The fact is that even though the main event for UFC 254 had a fighter from the states it made almost 700 000 PPV buys , that shows you atlest they care. UFC 254 was not even US friendly timezone.

Wow , he also said that Connor is a more complete martial artist than Khabib this week .
My theories that Chael is in full ufc schill ball wash mode in hopes of being named Dana’s replacement upon retirement

There is probably some truth in that. The vast majority of MMA fans would definitely want to see him fight but the more casual base probably aren’t too fussed about him retiring.

Average of 1.3 fights a year over the last 6 years. It’s not really going to leave a lasting effect on the larger fan base.
Since 2016 Khabib has 7 fights and McGregor has 5. Also 3 of those fights were title defences which is more than McGregor has. Assuming Khabib stays retired he will have as many defences in retirement as McGregor when active.

Not sure that's a good blanket statement to make, but alright.
Gaeth vs ferguson did more ppvs
the general public are over Khabib unless facing Conor or GSP
Numbers dont lie and his numbers post conor bump vs Dustin and Justin were nothing special for such a big name. hope he gets a percentage of the UAE deal as thats were his base is.

Dude was funny as active and with the heel role, I'll give him that. Now though, not so much...
Why would we Americans not want to see a great MMA fighter again? Such a weird take that I can't take it seriously.

Gaeth vs ferguson did more ppvs
the general public are over Khabib unless facing Conor or GSP
Numbers dont lie and his numbers post conor bump vs Dustin and Justin were nothing special for such a big name. hope he gets a percentage of the UAE deal as thats were his base is.
Awful comparison. UFC249 was at primetime and was the only sporting event that weekend.... UFC254 was at a shit timeslot and still did nearly as much as 249.

Back