Chael Sonnen mentioned Sherdog in a Youtube video

Chael is in-tune with MMA internet meme culture.

I can’t pinpoint the exact videos but Chael sometimes talks about the “the kids on the underground” which I would imagine is Sherdog Forums.

Also I remember Bisping saying something about going undercover on MMA chat rooms reading about himself.

I remember Sherdog used to do fighter Q and A threads a few years ago. Pretty sure Stephen Thompson had an account here to andtwer your questions ( don’t know if he is active or not)

Doesnt really mention sherdog in the forums sense of the brand, but he loves to talk about "the kids in the underground" or something, that might actually be Sherdog forums.

I can’t pinpoint the exact videos but Chael sometimes talks about the “the kids on the underground” which I would imagine is Sherdog Forums.

Also I remember Bisping saying something about going undercover on MMA chat rooms reading about himself.
EDIT: Beat me to it.

Chael strikes me as the kind of guy that listens to nickelback and Michael Buble.

I can't support that, though he has grown on me as an mma personality.
He sings along to Drops of Jupiter when it comes on the radio in his car.

He just mentioned the fight finder. Which btw is the only thing fighters use on this site.

Is there actually any fighters with accounts here?

MMA figures still mention Sherdog’s fight finder, but they rarely mention the forum. We can’t take a victory out of this one.
Good point, the forums have to be treated as a separate thing.

Remember fighttips was a thing? And regardless of how people felt about the actual tips and videos for beginners, the forum was a complete cesspool even for MMA forum standards and went completely unmentioned. I think even Shane was ashamed of it even up til the day he took it down

I have seen most of Sonnen's pro career, and I NEVER rooted for him in a fight. However, as a commentater or podcaster, or what ever he is, I really like hearing what he has to say. He's smart, funny, and has a lot of spunk. Fun to listen to also. He should replace Rogan whenever Joe gets tired of doing it.:D

Good point, the forums have to be treated as a separate thing.

Remember fighttips was a thing? And regardless of how people felt about the actual tips and videos for beginners, the forum was a complete cesspool even for MMA forum standards and went completely unmentioned. I think even Shane was ashamed of it even up til the day he took it down
I honestly didn’t know that there was a forum. I know of the channel though. I can imagine that it was a cesspit.

I honestly didn’t know that there was a forum. I know of the channel though. I can imagine that it was a cesspit.
It was so abandoned by the higher ups for so long, I became an admin, just by being a regular. Everyone had these like GAIAonline customizable character avatars. It was mostly 12 year olds asking "train UFC" questions and hypothetical fights

Good for Chael, he didn't talk shit about Sherdog.
Smart man, doesn't want get beat up by Sherbros.

Fighters used to post here before the TUF boom, but once MMA started getting popular I think the trolls drove them away. I didn't discover these boards until around 2006 myself, but there are some old threads with Jason Delucia and Bas Rutten having an argument and Tank Abbot drunk posting. You have probably seen those though as you have a 2007 join date.
Yep. I was actually on here back then too but got banned for a Fred Ettish thread lol. Josh Barnett used to post here as well.

Someone should bump the Bas Rutten/Jason Delucia threads. They are quite juicy.

Back