Chael Sonnen: Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather only did 1.8 million PPV buys lol

Chael is a modern Nostradamus. He makes a thousand bullshit claims and predictions, and when he gets one right, he's some sort of mystic sorcerer.
You're saying big Nos didn't have magical powers? How dare you!

It's true. Chael is both those things.

He still makes me laugh though. But you can't take some of what he says seriously.
Chael is funny

but he is also funny because he keeps calling Jon Jones a pathological liar and sociopath, that is true but its funny coming from Chael who is also a pathological liar and sociopath its like he is deflecting

Chaels story about Jones hiding under the cage at Jackson wink to avoid USADA is probably the funniest story I ever heard, I never get tired of laughing at that, the way Chael tells it makes it even funnier he is serious about it too claims Jones hid for 8 hours there the image of Jones sweating under there makes me laugh.

Chael is funny

but he is also funny because he keeps calling Jon Jones a pathological liar and sociopath, that is true but its funny coming from Chael who is also a pathological liar and sociopath its like he is deflecting

Chaels story about Jones hiding under the cage at Jackson wink to avoid USADA is probably the funniest story I ever heard, I never get tired of laughing at that, the way Chael tells it makes it even funnier he is serious about it too claims Jones hid for 8 hours there the image of Jones sweating under there makes me laugh.
It's not just the story. It's the story teller. And charm is great at it.

Story tellers are also generally bullshitters. But I like to think there's an element of truth in some of the bullshit stories.

Agreed the story of him avoiding usada for eight hours under the cage is amazing.

Not saying he's right, but he raises a fair point.

It was ESPN and other 'websites' who reported the 4.4 million number... not directTV, not Dish, not Comcast, not Time Warner... no credible source that held first-hand information on the matter

Showtime announced it.

If Showtime released that official number then that is what it did.

Last edited:
He repeated it recently on his podcast and on his ESPN show with Ariel that Floyds ppv buys and networth are a lie, I recall him saying during the lead up on an interview for the Conor fight that Floyd will earn the most money per one fight against Conor and that Floyd was never getting paid over 20 million before and this would be the first time

Whats funny is Chael was acting like Floyds networth was under 40 million

yet if that were true how come he had a bank account worth over 100 million? this is from 2013

Mayweather has a single bank account with $123 million in it, according to an ESPN The Magazine feature by reporter Tim Keown.

Keown was with Mayweather in a Grand Rapids, Mich. Foot Locker when the boxer discreetly showed him his bank account receipt and said, "One account, baby."

Keown writes:

"I had heard that Floyd does his banking the old-fashioned way: going inside, talking to a real-life teller. He is also known to be a big proponent of maximum liquidity. Still, the amount of digits spread across the bottom-right corner doesn't seem possible."

https://www.businessinsider.com/floyd-mayweather-has-123-million-bank-account-2013-9

Chael always says that line.

"Nothing is more embellished than Floyd's PPV numbers"

How are they embellished?

Every last one of them were released officially by HBO or Showtime.

I often wonder if this guy is trolling or just retarded.

Yeah boxing numbers are legit, the companies are public and are not allowed to post fake numbers like ufc which is private owned, and ufc dana white includes all international buys while boxing only includes north america buys, so its UFCs dana white who is fabricating numbers.

It's not just the story. It's the story teller. And charm is great at it.

Story tellers are also generally bullshitters. But I like to think there's an element of truth in some of the bullshit stories.

Agreed the story of him avoiding usada for eight hours under the cage is amazing.

My favourite thing about him telling that story is when he said that he (Chael) started stashing snacks underneath the cage at his own gym once he heard about how Bones ducked the tester lmao.

Yeah boxing numbers are legit, the companies are public and are not allowed to post fake numbers like ufc which is private owned, and ufc dana white includes all international buys while boxing only includes north america buys, so its UFCs dana white who is fabricating numbers.

Exactly.

That's exactly what Espinoza said to him, he can't lie about the numbers because they're a public company.

Even then he still called out Dana about the international numbers. Floyd-Pac were still higher.

That's not his line. It's "the only thing more inflated than Floyd's ppv numbers is Floyd's net worth" lmao. I've heard him drop that line a million times. Most times I know that Chael is full of shit but I wanna hear what he has to say anyway because it's so funny. Best episode of his podcast that I ever heard was when he went on this long rant about the negotiations leading up to the Floyd/Conor fight and he had this whole bit about how Roy Jones Jr could easily trick Floyd into coming to Dana's office by telling him that he's gonna take him to Disneyland. "Floyd's so stupid he won't even know the difference".

That's not his line. It's "the only thing more inflated than Floyd's ppv numbers is Floyd's net worth" lmao. I've heard him drop that line a million times. Most times I know that Chael is full of shit but I wanna hear what he has to say anyway because it's so funny. Best episode of his podcast that I ever heard was when he went on this long rant about the negotiations leading up to the Floyd/Conor fight and he had this whole bit about how Roy Jones Jr could easily trick Floyd into coming to Dana's office by telling him that he's gonna take him to Disneyland. "Floyd's so stupid he won't even know the difference".

Lmao I won't lie that's funny.

I'll be honest Chael is a funny motherfucker. And he's a good troll too because often I can't tell if he's trolling or serious and I guess that's the goal of trolling.

Chael spoils his often insightful analysis with conspiracy theories and tough-it-out logic when sometimes it can't be. You need the available facts.

Exactly.

That's exactly what Espinoza said to him, he can't lie about the numbers because they're a public company.

Even then he still called out Dana about the international numbers. Floyd-Pac were still higher.
yeah and Dana never took Espinoza up on his challenge of releasing numbers nd fighter pay figures.

Golden Boys former CEO back in 2010 challenged Dana White as well, he saw Dana White tweeted something about so awesome brock lesnars ppv just did 1.9 million buys

and Richard Shaeffer told Dana White are those only north american buys or are you inflating the numbers, he called BS and said they were around 600 to 700k buys not 1.9 million and said he knows a lot of the cable and sateliete distrubutors since he does business with them and they said the numbers for USA were nowhere near 1.9 million buys

White called Shaffer a hater with a dying business model and then shaeffer issued a challenge to dana saying release all your ppv numbers and the fighter pay, Dana white was claiming Brock lesnar made more than 10 million and Shaffer said he made 2 to 3 million tops

Dana White was inflating the numbers by adding all buys from international, this is how he got WME to take the bait they dont know shit about the boxing model so they just felt wow a total of 1.9 million buys? and technically Dana white isnt lying he just added all buys instead of just north America which is how boxing in usa does it they dont add Europe buys in there or other countries.

I still laugh when he got mad at Espinoza for correcting him he said the conor vs Floyd fight didnt do 6 million buys, and then Dana got mad and called him a weasel and Espinoza said Dana why would I lie I work for Showtime we would love for it to do 6 million buys but we only include north american numbers, we are a public entity we cant make up fake numbers like that,

Dana is a fool faking the funk just like Conor before fighting Floyd, Conor was using the UFCs tailor and renting lambos and fur coats.

Chael is a funny guy man, he lies like its going out of style

Im trying to find that old podcast he did on someones radio show where he told this whole story about how he was with team Pacquiao the week before he got knocked out cold by Marquez and he tried to warn him and Roach not to take the fight last minute because Marquez was on roids or something like that

Later on on his own podcast he changes the story up saying that he was only with Pacquiao at his prefight Mass service he holds before his fight, and then got free tickets to the fight.

Back