Chael Sonnen is absolutely awesome as an interviewer/commentator

Hahahaha, that was a cool interview. Jones did well too.
Jon actually said Gus is better than him at some things.. but inb4 someone comes here and says that "Jones sounded cocky as usual". lol

JJ has long arms compared to chael. His hands look huge too

The real question is if the UFC can use his talents properly. Do you put him by the cage as a fight commentator, or up in the booth running things, or do you just say fuck it and give him his own show.

Big Shale fan. Will always be.

But since the second Silva loss he's gone a little soft.

I miss the Chael from a few years ago who put everyone on blast. The Wanderlei stuff is gold though.

He's awesome in front of the camera.

Is there any other MMA fighter better than him in front of a camera?

After watching the video I can only say WOW, incredible work by Chael and Jones as well, those guys are the best.

Chael Sonnen is absolutely awesome period .

Personality matters in everything in life, sports are definitely not excluded. Of course the sport should always be the focus, but you can definitely add a very good bonus into it if you have a great personality. People need to have favourites or ones they hate so they can be more emotionally invested in something. If these guys never said a word and just went out there to beat on eachother, almost nobody would give a damn because they would not have any investment in it.

Guys like Chael polarize the audience and draw new people in...fans and haters. People want to see him win, people want to see him lose, and they want to hear what he will say next.

If they just fought and nothing else, we might as well have robot wars.
you don't seem to have as much interest in mma as other fans I know

to each their own but there are sitcoms and standups for personality I'm interested in combat and technique

to each their own but there are sitcoms and standups for personality I'm interested in combat and technique

Yes I do, but it is still entertainment. We don't need scripts and soap opera, but when personalities arise, it's great for the sport and for the fans.

A great engaging personality sure doesnt hurt. Of course the fight themselves are entertaining but a fighter's personality can add a lot to a fight.

Wow, Chael made even Jones seem likable.

Did anybody catch the bit where Jones talked about the 600 lb lift related to the toe incident? Was he referring to the pic of him deadlifting?

If so, a 600 lb DL at his weight/build is SUPER impressive.

Jones still isn't great on camera ("gonna...uh...gonna just buy 18,000 Harleys"), but he's getting better. In five years, he'll be just fine.

Did anybody catch the bit where Jones talked about the 600 lb lift related to the toe incident? Was he referring to the pic of him deadlifting?

If so, a 600 lb DL at his weight/build is SUPER impressive.

I think he meant he was pulling that weight; that is, dragging it behind him as he ran forward.

Yes I do, but it is still entertainment. We don't need scripts and soap opera, but when personalities arise, it's great for the sport and for the fans.

great fighters with great styles and who can push the limits of creativity are what i like to see - you're into something else, and i prob woulndt be interested in discussing mma or fights with you, just bc of your fixation on personality - like i said, its not uncommon - not trying to be disrespectful, but i have already conveyed that point

Back