Chael Sonnen is absolutely awesome as an interviewer/commentator

Raff01**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65_V_X5mNZ4

Don't know if this has already been posted, but I just watched it and its just awesome.
You can really see Chael is a genuinely great guy, great sense of humor, very respectful and I personnally think he's much better than Rogan, Goldie and Florian alltogether.
Thoughts?

tumblr_lwxn8irhNd1qbynf1o1_500.jpg

hes def good - its pretty creepy how obsessed people are with him - slick words are what separate people in modern society, it seems

hes def good - its pretty creepy how obsessed people are with him - slick words are what separate people in modern society, it seems

he is an entertainer. We all like to be entertained, that's why we watch movies, comedy, listen to music and watch sports. Chael brings it every time, he is funny, and always seems to be stirring the pot to keep things interesting.

Jones did good too and he is learning from Chael, which will further his career and make his public persona more interesting.

Agreed. Plus, he is one of the smartest guys in any room.

he is an entertainer. We all like to be entertained, that's why we watch movies, comedy, listen to music and watch sports. Chael brings it every time, he is funny, and always seems to be stirring the pot to keep things interesting.

Jones did good too and he is learning from Chael, which will further his career and make his public persona more interesting.

im into the fights, and thats what i focus on - so its weird to me that people are so much into personality - however i know im in the minority

"I think we can agree that if we were to rematch, I would likely win. Have you begun work on your strategy for Jones/Sonnen III?"

lol, that was a pretty good one..

Chael IS great. Hadn't seen that one, thanks!

im into the fights, and thats what i focus on - so its weird to me that people are so much into personality - however i know im in the minority

Personality matters in everything in life, sports are definitely not excluded. Of course the sport should always be the focus, but you can definitely add a very good bonus into it if you have a great personality. People need to have favourites or ones they hate so they can be more emotionally invested in something. If these guys never said a word and just went out there to beat on eachother, almost nobody would give a damn because they would not have any investment in it.

Guys like Chael polarize the audience and draw new people in...fans and haters. People want to see him win, people want to see him lose, and they want to hear what he will say next.

If they just fought and nothing else, we might as well have robot wars.

Personality matters in everything in life, sports are definitely not excluded. Of course the sport should always be the focus, but you can definitely add a very good bonus into it if you have a great personality. People need to have favourites or ones they hate so they can be more emotionally invested in something. If these guys never said a word and just went out there to beat on eachother, almost nobody would give a damn because they would not have any investment in it.

Guys like Chael polarize the audience and draw new people in...fans and haters. People want to see him win, people want to see him lose, and they want to hear what he will say next.

If they just fought and nothing else, we might as well have robot wars.

Just because you're not good with one liners doesn't make it a robot war. Of course colourful personalities are fun but it shouldn't be the reason people get fights at the highest level.

Back