Chael Sonnen: If Wanderlei Silva Had Touched Me, I Would Have Put Him Down

Ummm, Chael isn't exactly a stranger to breaking the law. I've never seen Wand in court for shady business dealings. I'm not saying Chael is a bad guy, but let's not make him out to be more virtuous than Wand just because he's clean cut and speaks well.

So you're under the impression Chael would stomp on someones head in a street fight until they are dead?

Because that's precisely what I was responding to when I said Chael isn't the type of person who'd do that.

The guy who almost beat Wand and got dominated by Chael?

The guy who got KTFO by Shiuba. I think he also commentates for FOX or FOX something.

edit: he's also a special forces army dude or something. Really good fighter too, but he retired after his war with Wanderlei.

The guy who got KTFO by Shiuba. I think he also commentates for FOX or FOX something.

edit: he's also a special forces army dude or something. Really good fighter too, but he retired after his war with Wanderlei.

Who is Shiuba? And yes that made me sad. I was a big fan of Stann.

Wanderlei would crush him in a street fight. :)

laughing at people who have any interest in seeing a way past his prime Wand fight anyone that's not just a striker to stand in front of him like Leben/Stann
Wand hasn't had any problems being taken down and controlled. Which is why this fight is interesting honestly.

Any chance that I though Silva might have head went out the window when Sonnen beat Shogun. I don't see what Silva could do to Sonnen that Shogun couldn't. As much as I love to see Wanderlei fight, there's slim to no chance he'd beat Sonnen.

More like Sonnen would have tried to dry hump Wanderlei and he gets soccer kicked to death.

It kind of hard to soccer kick some one when you are laying on the ground you know.

yeah right.

he was clearly scared.

if wand touch him he would probably look for security.

sonnen wants no part of wand

hes 0-2 vs ppl with name silva

Silva-SonnenI.jpg

Silva_Vs_Sonnen_II_10033049.jpg

Tried was the key word. I didn't say he would get the takedown ;)

So you think Chael will fail on his TD, and then Wand will get one? Please go back on your meds. Wand would be on his back and you know it.

Last edited:
Ah the internet, a place for friendship lol. I'm the one who needs meds but you can't read properly...okay then.

TF? sorry I don't know all these internet memes.

You think Chael will lay on Wanderlei for 15 minutes in a street fight..k..And he may get a takedown but I think Wand would beat him street fight or MMA.

I meant TD :) And go back on your meds was being friendly! I work in psychiatry, I hold no ill thoughts towards those who need some help :)

I think Chael probably isn't the kind of guy to try to do permanent damage to someone in a street fight. I think he has the skillset to do it, and do it to Wand via controlling him and landing groin shots and the like. Regardless, the point I was making is that Wand putting Chael in a position where Wand could either soccer kick or stomp Chael is highly unlikely. Chael putting Wand in that position is much more likely.

I disagree, not very friendly. People sure have a wide range of strange senses of humor, whatever :)

And I couldn't disagree more that Wand couldn't put Chael in a position to soccer kick him in a fight with no rules. For example, Anderson was in a position to kick him in the face if it was legal and for perspective Wand was the soccer kick king when his opposition when for "TF"s :p

I would agree Chael isn't the kind of guy to street fight, it doesn't fit his conservative point fighting style. Which is why I think Wand would soccer kick him into a coma once he gets the chance to do so if they got into a street fight.

Let's not overrate his wrestling either, Shogun took Chael down ;)

Go back and look at how Chael got in that position. Silva didn't do it. And last I checked there are no bells to give Wand a stand up in a street fight :)

Spinning backfist fail, still doesn't refute the point that Chael can put himself in a bad position. Thus the point about Shogun taking him down.

Last time I checked bells don't stand fights up, refs do. And there's no way a street fight just lays there for 15 minutes.

Then what? Chael claims victory after 30 minutes of blanketing? He would gas himself out and get triangled or finished.

Chael would be in prime position for knee to nuts action. Anyways, it's a silly argument. I say we end it. You think your thoughts, I think mine, I will sleep just fine tonight... or this morning in my case.

Spinning backfist fail, still doesn't refute the point that Chael can put himself in a bad position. Thus the point about Shogun taking him down.

Last time I checked bells don't stand fights up, refs do. And there's no way a street fight just lays there for 15 minutes.

Then what? Chael claims victory after 30 minutes of blanketing? He would gas himself out and get triangled or finished.

He'd rain down punches on Wand's head whilst he's on the ground.

And we're talking about Wand here, when's the last time he won by sub ?

Back