Chael Sonnen: If Wanderlei Silva Had Touched Me, I Would Have Put Him Down

What fight did he Lay n Pray? Be very specific?

Ok well he does throw punches on the ground but they don't seem to do much damage. And I'm not going to tip him to be the first to submit Wand either so I don't think it will be an exciting match up, it certainly won't match the hype.

And the fight will be a massive anti climax anyway when Chael lays and prays his way to a decision.

tumblr_lr0hwnYiWs1qlyxsm.gif

Ok well he does throw punches on the ground but they don't seem to do much damage. And I'm not going to tip him to be the first to submit Wand either so I don't think it will be an exciting match up, it certainly won't match the hype.

I'll bet you they hurt more than you think they do. You ever chalk it up to these guys are all gifted fighters who are adverse to lots of pain in the heat of the moment. Lots of adrenaline in those fights. They may look like pillow fist tonight, but someones face is gonna be sore tomorrow.

I'll bet you they hurt more than you think they do. You ever chalk it up to these guys are all gifted fighters who are adverse to lots of pain in the heat of the moment. Lots of adrenaline in those fights. They may look like pillow fist tonight, but someones face is gonna be sore tomorrow.

Why bother giving a considerate, educated response to an obvious uneducated troll?

The kid is beyond reason, don't waste your time.

Why bother giving a considerate, educated response to an obvious uneducated troll?

The kid is beyond reason, don't waste your time.

I thought it was a good response and it makes sense, at least he's contributing to the discussion rather than just calling me out as a "troll".

And I'm uneducated? Well I'm educated enough to know that you should have used "obviously" in your first sentence. Am I splitting hairs? Possibly. But if you're about to have a go at someone for being uneducated you should make sure you get your grammar right.

What fight did he Lay n Pray? Be very specific?

The thing is, he's active, throwing hundreds of punches, but they don't seem to be hard punches. He mostly decisions the shit out of people.

Ask Stann... his lastest fight, I believe

I was replying to someone who said Chael would be scared if he had Wand on the ground.

The thing is, he's active, throwing hundreds of punches, but they don't seem to be hard punches. He mostly decisions the shit out of people.

He has a nearly 50% finishing rate. Out of his 29 wins 12 were finishes. I think a lot of the hyperbole around these parts is due to fanboyism and not real consideration of the events.

Out of his last five fights only one has gone to a decision, and he's won three of those fights.

Hard punches ? How do you know if they're hard or not ? Yes he doesn't have KO power, but those punches add up. And when he 'decisions the shit' out of people, he dominates them for the whole fight.

I thought it was a good response and it makes sense, at least he's contributing to the discussion rather than just calling me out as a "troll".

And I'm uneducated? Well I'm educated enough to know that you should have used "obviously" in your first sentence. Am I splitting hairs? Possibly. But if you're about to have a go at someone for being uneducated you should make sure you get your grammar right.

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Hard punches ? How do you know if they're hard or not ? Yes he doesn't have KO power, but those punches add up. And when he 'decisions the shit' out of people, he dominates them for the whole fight.

that's what I meant by "decision the shit out of". He dominates, but doesn't seem to get near a finish via punches.

He has a nearly 50% finishing rate. Out of his 29 wins 12 were finishes. I think a lot of the hyperbole around these parts is due to fanboyism and not real consideration of the events.

Out of his last five fights only one has gone to a decision, and he's won three of those fights.

You're actually right. He finished Stann and Shogun via sub. He's clearly improving his subs. Is he still training with Vinny Magalhaes?
Anyway, my point is, he is somewhat pillow fisted. Not much KO power, whatever you want to call it.

I love Wandy and root for Sonnen in most of his fights.

But they should do this fight in WWE, because it's getting ridiculous.

I was replying to someone who said Chael would be scared if he had Wand on the ground.

my bad.
Cool AV. Wanna bet? I'm pulling for my boy Demian.

Yes. He would put him on the ground and lay on him. What else could he do?

Not staged. Wandy approached the American Gangster with a crew of 3 people. Chael was fully prepared to fight them all. According to Chael, one Anthony Showtime Pettis had Chael's back and was standing right behind him ready to beat down Wandys friends if they jumped Chael.

Back