Chael Sonnen: If Wanderlei Silva Had Touched Me, I Would Have Put Him Down

Chules

@UVEE's BESTIE 😺
@plutonium
Reaction score
“I’ve got a guy that calls himself an ‘Axe Murderer’ pointing a finger at me and he brought three buddies with him,” Sonnen explained. “That’s a problem where I come from. My father taught me the fight doesn’t start when somebody throws a punch. The fight starts as soon as the other guy squares up. Wanderlei squared up.”

In Sonnen’s view, Silva’s lucky the matter didn’t escalate.

“I don’t like street fighting,” he said. “I don’t like to hear about it. It’s unprofessional and I’m not advocating any of this. However, I will not let a guy within arm’s distance. Wanderlei, if his finger he was pointing touched me, I would have put him down right there. I would have had no choice. I must defend myself. And he had three friends -- these odds aren’t great for me. I want to take down as many of these scumbags as I can while I can.”

Full article

Wand is lucky he didn't push Sonnen too far that day.

laughing at people who think it's not staged

laughing at people who have any interest in seeing a way past his prime Wand fight anyone that's not just a striker to stand in front of him like Leben/Stann

wrestling is no good vs 2+

laughing at the people who aren't absolutely loving every second of this.... when the fight actually happens, itll be that much better

Chael's a loose cannon badass with no regards for the law

Chael would get stomped in the face, Pride style.

Wanderlei looks like more of a joke these days with his rage videos. Chael has the style to completely embarrass Wanderlei. If the fight goes down, a one sided UD or maybe even a TKO win for Chael if he hates him that much.

Chael is right about never letting a man get within striking range while being aggressive and confrontational.

I thought wand did touch him, does anyone have the gif to post?

laughing at people who think it's not staged

I don't mind people thinking it's staged. I don't even mind people thinking some of the fights are fake. I really, really hate people who act like elitist because they believe one thing (that has no concrete proof of being true) and act like the people who don't agree are somehow stupid. Why not just believe what you want, and if other people disagree they're allowed to do that too?

Unless we are talking about Fedor. Then the rules change.

...and layed on him.

I finished for you, Chael.

I love Wand but I have no idea why he wants to fight Sonnen, the only viable option is he knows how much money he could potentially make.

It's such a horrible match up for him stylistically and especially at this stage of his career.

Back