Chael Sonnen Expects Anderson Silva to Return as Light Heavyweight

If he comes back in good spirits but doesn't want title run, it could be anyweight.

Silva is basically a huge mark for himself and loves the idea of super heroes and pro wrestling good guy/small guy vs bad guy/big guy so we could see all kinds of match ups based upon that.

Yea I have a feeling he'll be back at LHW.

Doesn't have to cut weight and nothing to prove at MW besides beating Chris.

Anderson vs. Shogun in Brazil would be pretty huge.

Doubt it. He wants his title back

He isn't getting it back at this point, if either Chris or Lyoto hold onto it he will never be near a title shot.

Better off making bank at LHW fighting big names before he retires in 4 or 5 fights.

Huge silva fan here. I don't think he has any interest in the title. Don't think he wants any more of Weidman. I know I don't want to see him in there with CW again. I predict he wants to come back and do big fights for big $$. And 3 rounders, not 5.

That would be very interesting....it's a easier division now IMO

If Anderson comes back I'm sure he'll try to get revenge over Weidman. He was already tentative to go into LHW when he was healthy, why would he want to risk it with his broken leg?

I could see him getting down to 185 if it was for a fight with Nick Diaz, since Diaz wouldn't want to fight any higher then that.

I'd like to see Silva\Sonnen 3 to be honest

If he wins one fight at 205 in convincing fashion, the people will demand jones vs Silva.

Not sure how I feel about that at this point.

Back