Chael Sonnen could one day run the UFC, president Dana White says

Being a company man sometimes pays off!
Still, I would not trade Chael's hot wife for Dana's insane schedule. This job seems demanding as hell.

Who else knew the first response would be about over-exaggerating?
I know everyone wanted to be the one who gets to point that out :D Me included in those...

Chael being the President would likely not be a good idea. He's had some legal issues with being a realtor in the past... just saying.

With that being said, if DW were to ever actually step aside I think Chael would be an amazing "face" of the UFC. There's no denying that he is incredible in front of the camera and/or behind a mic.

To be fair he's already exactly like Dana.Most of the things that come out of their mouths are ...

“The thing is with Chael, though, is that he over-exaggerates too much, and you don’t know what’s real and what’s not.”

oh the ironing!

That would be a terrible trait for a UFC president. Good thing that Dana doesn't do this.

haha nice.

I think what Dana means is that Dana expects everyone to believe his BS whereas Chael doesn't expect people to believe his.

Been saying this from some time now. Chael is the perfect guy to succeed Dana. He has everything to promote UFC and will also be more considerate to fighters, unlike Dana.

Dana talking about retirement. When a promoter starts talking about retirement, there is no going back. He'll be gone within 3 years.

Dana talking about retirement. When a promoter starts talking about retirement, there is no going back. He'll be gone within 3 years.

More like 5. His health can't keep up forever. He will take a step back, and slowly fade to a consulting position and spend more time with his family. Dana will die young because of the UFC, you can almost be sure of that. He has sacrificed a lot for this.

First view posts in this thread are pretty captain obvious..

Chael could probably do Dana's job, it's true. I don't think the UFC would grow as a sport that way, however. I don't know, I watch for the fights and that's it. The fighters are the show 99.5%. Not Dana, not Chael.. Maybe on tuf Dana is a bigger part, but that's different.

the guy's never scared to fight who he's asked to fight. respect.

Dana outting his position as a figurehead.

Back