Chael Sonnen calls Fedor a nerd, Questions his legetimacy in Pride, Also says GSP out grapples him

lol apparently you either didn't watch the clips or your logical reasoning ability is that bad. There were a few guys who were asked if Fedor was the GOAT and they answered yes. But there were also a bunch of fighters, trainers, journalists etc that have no affiliation with Fedor and were just asked straight up who the GOAT is and they said Fedor.

Aoki was asked straight up verbatim "Who do you think is p4p the best fighter in the world?" He answered Fedor. He wasn't asked if Fedor is the GOAT, he was asked who the GOAT is and he answered with Fedor.

"Best fighter you've ever watched in person Jake?" and Shields decisively responds with Fedor.

Couture is asked who the GOAT is and his response "I think on paper you still gotta go with Fedor"

These aren't leading questions (if you even know what a leading question is)

Pat Miletich goes into depth about why Fedor is the GOAT. But I suppose Fedor haters on Sherdog would know more about fighting than Pat Miletich

Then you have Aldo who chose Fedor as the GOAT with no prompting whatsoever. Aldo was asked who the GOAT is and his answer: ""Man, I think we all have a list. The number one for me is Fedor Emelianenko. I'm a big fan of him, the guy is so amazing." GSP on his own posts a message calling Fedor the GOAT, he wasn't asked any questions, he wrote that himself in his post.

And then Werdum straight up says Fedor > Anderson, which brought a smile to face knowing how much that's gotta sting some of you idiots

Wanderlei Silva straight up admitted he wouldn't want to fight Fedor. Must be because Fedor is a "fraud" huh

Shogun is asked word for word "Now in your opinion, who is the greatest p4p fighter?" Shogun: Emelianenko Fedor

Ouch, that's gotta hurt for you guys; all these Brazilian fighters picking Fedor over Anderson lmfao

GSP is then asked who the best p4p fighter in the world is. GSP: Fedor Emelianenko. Now this might just be GSP acting humble, but again, no one asked him to post a pic of who he thinks the baddest man on the planet is. He did that on his own

Are you starting to catch on here? Are you starting to understand why your logic holds no water when these guys weren't being asked leading questions about Fedor?

But feel free to carry on believing you have a more informed opinion than the actual MMA community of fighters, coaches, journalists, etc
All you need to know is that he fought way smaller fighters in his prime and also fought fighters with 0 wins IN HIS PRIME

He's ducked the UFC for nearly 10 years

He suddenly fell out of his prime once he left the organization that allowed and encouraged PED use

He went 1-3 in Strikeforce in which he was knocked out cold by a smaller older man

He needed shady corrupt judging to beat Maldonado

Yeah, he DID call Fedor a nerd, but even so, he also called him a legend and said he'd shake his hand and welcome him to America and Bellator.

And JDS, Cain, and Stipe all won the title since the merger. Bigfoot also went 3-7-1, like I said BOTH sides are on par with each other. Lets just agree to disagree.

That's why I said look at the divisions at that very moment and not compare fighters like Bigfoot now to Bigfoot back in 2010. The UFC had the younger talent, but Strikeforce had the more established talent. But yeah, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this topic

That's why I said look at the divisions at that very moment and not compare fighters like Bigfoot now to Bigfoot back in 2010. The UFC had the younger talent, but Strikeforce had the more established talent. But yeah, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this topic

Sounds good. No hard feelings though...

cheers.jpg

Chael was pretty respectful in speaking about both Fedor and GSP. The title is perhaps misleading...

It's funny you keep saying that Arlovski was on the worst streak of his life, but that streak started against Fedor in Affliction, then he went 0-3 in Strikeforce... His losing streak ended when he left Strikeforce. Do you think it was how he was fighting or the guys he was fighting?

You clearly never watched The Bigfoot, Rogers, or Sergei fights. It literally looked like he was scared shitless, especially in the Sergei fight where it was just enormously obvious that he was going to be KO'd.

Arlovski looked amazing against Fedor (barring the flying knee) and then looked like complete dogshit

Err, Gsp would get the better of Rashad in sparring. Theres footage out there. Gsp would take Rashad down at will.

Its funny how todays newbs worship Khabib's grappling (only because they are Conor hating newbs who are simply jumping on to the next banwagon, "oh hes the one to beat Conor") YET they have no clue about Gsp, and how his strength and grappling was truly in a class of its own for MMA....TRULY...you think Khabib's grappling is as legendary as Conor's striking...go watch some prime GSP
Your "footage" is the single takedown from the GSP-Penn 2 hype show. Which I saw when it first aired. Did you? Yet I'm a newb? Idiot.

I want to see what *exactly* Rashad said. Maybe he meant BJJ. Sherdog regurgitates BS all the time. Like this "footage".

And my point was, you think GSP manhandles and GNPs - sons, as I called it - Chael like Rashad did? I think if you think GSP can do that, you are crazy.

You clearly never watched The Bigfoot, Rogers, or Sergei fights. It literally looked like he was scared shitless, especially in the Sergei fight where it was just enormously obvious that he was going to be KO'd.

Arlovski looked amazing against Fedor (barring the flying knee) and then looked like complete dogshit
I never thought about it that way, but that's an interesting point.

Your "footage" is the single takedown from the GSP-Penn 2 hype show. Which I saw when it first aired. Did you? Yet I'm a newb? Idiot.

I want to see what *exactly* Rashad said. Maybe he meant BJJ. Sherdog regurgitates BS all the time. Like this "footage".

And my point was, you think GSP manhandles and GNPs - sons, as I called it - Chael like Rashad did? I think if you think GSP can do that, you are crazy.

I'm pretty sure Chael was referring to grappling strength as he said the strongest person he went up against ever was Les Gutches who was a pan-am champion and wrestling team mate from Oregon State. There's Jiu Jitsu and Jiu Jitsu when you're trying to punch somebody in the face and I imagine the two are very different.

I'm pretty sure Chael was referring to grappling strength as he said the strongest person he went up against ever was Les Gutches who was a pan-am champion and wrestling team mate from Oregon State. There's Jiu Jitsu and Jiu Jitsu when you're trying to punch somebody in the face and I imagine the two are very different.
Interesting story. I was talking about what Rashad reportedly said, though, not Chael :)

You're right, as the famous saying - I think it might be a Gracie saying - goes, punch a black belt and they become a brown belt.

All you need to know is that he fought way smaller fighters in his prime and also fought fighters with 0 wins IN HIS PRIME

<{walkerwhut}>

12-27-2014%2B11-45-19%2BPM.jpg

Fedor_crop_north.jpg

66hfds-720x400.png

hqdefault.jpg

full-fight-fedor-emelianenko-vs1.jpg

Emelianenko-Arlovski-Affliction2-w-750.jpg

tim-sylvia-and-fedor.jpg

Fedor%20and%20Brett%20Rogers.jpg

There's a handful of other guys who were bigger than Fedor but there's a limit to how many pics you can post

Botttom line is this tho: Fedor was a 5'11" 230-235 lb heavyweight with a mere 74" reach

Illogical statement. You can't duck inferior competition by choosing to compete against superior competition. By your logic, LeBron and Kobe ducked the NCAA by choosing the NBA instead of college ball. Fedor chose Pride/Strikeforce (NBA) rather than the UFC (NCAA)

He suddenly fell out of his prime once he left the organization that allowed and encouraged PED use

Fedor was routinely tested throughout his Pride career. He won his first 4 fights in the US, he finished all 4 opponents: 3 former UFC HW champs and an undefeated 7th ranked HW.

He went 1-3 in Strikeforce in which he was knocked out cold by a smaller older man

lol throw unsubstantiated PED accuations at Fedor, then discredit him for losing to guys who we know actually were on PEDs. Fedor was bludgeoning TRT Hendo before that miraculous escape and Hail Mary underarm uppercut. Fedor had also taken round 1 vs TRT Bigfoot, then survived the entire 2nd round of being mounted by the 280 lbs black belt. Then the lame doctor calls the fight for a swollen eye lol

Fedor lost round 1, recovered, then went on to win the next 2 rounds. Some huge conspiracy theory there

I'm a huge GSP fan but I don't buy that statement.

Jones, Shogun and Rashad must all be stronger than GSP and those are just a few of his past opponents

I think he was talking pound for pound. Rashad Jones and even shogun are bigger than Chael, GSP is 20 pounds smaller. Getting out muscled by a bigger man is one thing but when you have 20 pounds on someone? Anyone who considers themselves strong p4p doesn't get out muscled by someone with such a disadvantage. 20 pounds of body weight in powerlifting goes a long way.

I think he was talking pound for pound. Rashad Jones and even shogun are bigger than Chael, GSP is 20 pounds smaller. Getting out muscled by a bigger man is one thing but when you have 20 pounds on someone? Anyone who considers themselves strong p4p doesn't get out muscled by someone with such a disadvantage. 20 pounds of body weight in powerlifting goes a long way.

I believe he meant ever did you listen to the audio?

I watched all those fights, but what's your point?

Back in those days the UFC was left overs that pride didn't want...

Back