Chael Sonnen calls Fedor a nerd, Questions his legetimacy in Pride, Also says GSP out grapples him

My fan perspective is that Fedor has/had absolutely nothing else to prove. He dominated every HW he fought in Pride, and then he went and finished the previous 2 UFC HW champions in Sylvia and Arlovski. If he would've fought them in the UFC would that have made it more impressive? Some people just think fights outside the UFC are TUF level and don't mean anything

The thing is that he is still fighting and is in the same age group as most of the ranked HW's. I also would have like him to fight Couture or Lesnar. Also The Peak of the HW division in MMA was when the UFC bought Strikeforce. There was...

Brock
Cain
Werdum
JDS
Bigfoot
Carwin
Mir
Overeem
Big Nog
Josh Barnett
Roy Nelson
Kongo
Arlovski
Cormier
Cro-Cop
Schaub
Yvel
Mark Hunt
Ben Rothwell

That is better than any HW division that Pride ever had. He was riding a 3 fight losing streak, but you know he still could have made a deal with the UFC if he wanted to. If Fedor trained hard and went to a top camp and not his local YMCA he could be competitive.

Felon. Cheat. Attention seeker. Moving on.

Nothing Shael said was untrue

Basically said...
Pride was shady
Fedor has a bad record in the united states
Fedor is a legend

^^Which of these things is untrue?

The GSP thing is just his opinion, everything else was factual.
and ufc was not shady. why so many fighters got caught during USADA era?

You fat little 50 year old pride nerds crack me up. Yalls been sweating dorito juice for years at the thought of the new age of actual athletes competing in this sport instead of hairy failed martial arts competitors.

Face it, Pride was a sham, it's "competitors" were a sham. The whole thing was a pathetic circus of fat uncoordinated men trying to bash each other's brains in, and while that may seem like entertainment for the unsophisiticated and quite-frankly - over-compensating dweebs with low tetosterone such as the competitors and the fans that watched it - the reality is most people including myself have actually come to appreciate what martial arts is, it's techniques, and the ability to successfully apply that in a fight over another person.

You're on the wrong side of history, my dweeb!

3k + posts in under 6 months and calling other people dweebs

<36><36><36><36><36>

"I run this game"

<36><36><36><36><36>

Chael is a deluded Pride hater.

Still stuck in the past, in an ancient dead rivalry.

I don't believe him about GSP. Is GSP stronger than Rashad? I find that hard to believe. Rashad son'd Chael, I don't think GSP could do that.
I believe Rashad has said GSP got the better of him in training as well.

and ufc was not shady. why so many fighters got caught during USADA era?

Lol Do you not know pride actually stated in their contract that they will not test fighters for using Steroid ??

Now that's different level of shadiness

I think Rashad has said similar things about GSP , i know that Chael likes to hype a lot but GSP is the GOAT so i it could be true .
I know a lot of fighters have commented on GSP strength before , i think Diaz Said he was like superman .

Lol Do you not know pride actually stated in their contract that they will not test fighters for using Steroid ??

Now that's different level of shadiness
I mean that pride and ufc fighters all took roids, which is evident now during USADA era. And in Pride everybody could take them same condition so it's irrelevant.

I believe Rashad has said GSP got the better of him in training as well.
Did he?

I know there were a lot of myths on those two, because in the GSP-Penn 2 hype show, GSP took Rashad down. Due to fan stupidity, this morphed into "GSP outwrestles Rashad!!!"

So sorry, but I'd need to hear Rashad say that for myself. Where can I hear this?

My fan perspective is that Fedor has/had absolutely nothing else to prove. He dominated every HW he fought in Pride, and then he went and finished the previous 2 UFC HW champions in Sylvia and Arlovski. If he would've fought them in the UFC would that have made it more impressive? Some people just think fights outside the UFC are TUF level and don't mean anything

Nah, it's the fact that Pride folded almost 10 years ago and Fedor is still fighting but never in the UFC that's the problem.

You fat little 50 year old pride nerds crack me up. Yalls been sweating dorito juice for years at the thought of the new age of actual athletes competing in this sport instead of hairy failed martial arts competitors.

Face it, Pride was a sham, it's "competitors" were a sham. The whole thing was a pathetic circus of fat uncoordinated men trying to bash each other's brains in, and while that may seem like entertainment for the unsophisiticated and quite-frankly - over-compensating dweebs with low tetosterone such as the competitors and the fans that watched it - the reality is most people including myself have actually come to appreciate what martial arts is, it's techniques, and the ability to successfully apply that in a fight over another person.

You're on the wrong side of history, my dweeb!
you are trying to hard have you pissed yourself already.

This thread is hilarious lmao. Some of the corniest e-thuggery I haven't seen since angelfire websites lol.

I mean that pride and ufc fighters all took roids, which is evident now during USADA era. And in Pride everybody could take them same condition so it's irrelevant.

Yes everyone could take the steroid. However, UFC at least pretended to regulate PED, they didn't bluntly condoned the drug use as Pride did. That is why Pride was much more shady than UFC even back in the old days.

The thing is that he is still fighting and is in the same age group as most of the ranked HW's. I also would have like him to fight Couture or Lesnar. Also The Peak of the HW division in MMA was when the UFC bought Strikeforce. There was...

Brock
Cain
Werdum
JDS
Bigfoot
Carwin
Mir
Overeem
Big Nog
Josh Barnett
Roy Nelson
Kongo
Arlovski
Cormier
Cro-Cop
Schaub
Yvel
Mark Hunt
Ben Rothwell

That is better than any HW division that Pride ever had. He was riding a 3 fight losing streak, but you know he still could have made a deal with the UFC if he wanted to. If Fedor trained hard and went to a top camp and not his local YMCA he could be competitive.

He had nothing left to prove regardless of who was in the UFC at that time. He was like 37 years old when the UFC and Strikeforce merged, it's not like he was 25 and still had to prove himself. The guy beat a who's who in the HW division and he didn't just beat them, he dominated them

Calling Fedor a Nerd

Same video, but I time stamped where he says that GSP beats him in pure grappling when they
role. He also says that GSP is ridiculously strong and the second strongest man he's ever gone up against.

Chael looks like Guts from berserk in that pic, badass

Nah, it's the fact that Pride folded almost 10 years ago and Fedor is still fighting but never in the UFC that's the problem.

At the time

Pride/Affliction/Strikeforce HW divisions >>>>>>>>>>>>> UFC HW division

And it's really not even close.

Back