Chael Sonnen: "Brazilians are the best fighters"

Chael is using the Brazilian media like chess pieces, there just to dumb to know it.

It should be obvious Brazilians aren't close to being the best fighters since they only hold 1 belt out of 9 weight divisions.

I'm brazilian and I don't even think that.
If we can ever fix our wrestling and cardio issues, maybe...

Sonnen did a u turn with his imagem in Brazil. Dana should have booked him against a non brazilian. It would be very interesting.

yup, that's a good point. it would be hilarious to watch chael celebrated in brazil after a win.

One person???? It's about 50/50 hate/love so far.

I think it's funny when people get all pissy about Cheal. He's liar, theft, cheat well he was in politics so yea he going be that. Every government in the world are liars, thefts, con Artis, cheat lol

But it's always fun watch him fight and listen to his interviews you never know what side of him you going get lol.

Chael was never a politician. He was starting to put together a campaign for a local race in Oregon, but then the real estate fraud story broke. I believe that's what led him to drop out. But he never even received the Republican nomination, as far as I recall. So you can't say that politics corrupted him. He was already corrupt before he decided to run for office. In other words, he would have fit in perfectly.

Chael is using the Brazilian media like chess pieces, there just to dumb to know it.

It should be obvious Brazilians aren't close to being the best fighters since they only hold 1 belt out of 9 weight divisions.

that's a dumb point.
The amount of americans fighters (compared by Brazilian ones) makes the fact Brazil already held most belts prof they are above average.

The fact that all Brazilian champs had to fight plenty of Americans doesn't show American superiority. It just a matter of probability.

that's a dumb point.
The amount of americans fighters (compared by Brazilian ones) makes the fact Brazil already held most belts prof they are above average.

The fact that all Brazilian champs had to fight plenty of Americans doesn't show American superiority. It just a matter of probability.

1 belt/9 divisions.

98 of the 481 fighters on the UFC roster are Brazilians.

97 of those fighters don't have a belt.

"If I can change, then you can change, ecereybody can change"

98 of the 481 fighters on the UFC roster are Brazilians.

97 of those fighters don't have a belt.

So, 20.4% of the UFC roster is Brazilian.

1 of 7 the belts is currently held by a Brazilian, or 14.3%; if 2 belts were held by the Brazilians, as it was before Dillashaw took out Barao, that'd be 28.6%.

So, numerically, it's statistically a bit low, but 20.4% is closer to 14.3% than 28.6%; in terms of interpreting the data, I'd say the Brazilians holding 1 of 7 championship belts is statistically consistent with the population of UFC fighters that is Brazilian.

So, 20.4% of the UFC roster is Brazilian.

1 of 7 the belts is currently held by a Brazilian, or 14.3%; if 2 belts were held by the Brazilians, as it was before Dillashaw took out Barao, that'd be 28.6%.

So, numerically, it's statistically a bit low, but 20.4% is closer to 14.3% than 28.6%; in terms of interpreting the data, I'd say the Brazilians holding 1 of 7 championship belts is statistically consistent with the population of UFC fighters that is Brazilian.

There are 8 divisions.

25,35,45,55,70,85,205, and HW

It doesn't matter what the Brazilian to American ratio is, if they were the best fighters in the world they would hold more than 1 out of the 8 belts.

- Says he wishes Anderson a speedy recovery and thinks Anderson might return at 205/LHW, where he would have the chance to answer questions as to who is the best fighter in the world today (Anderson or Jones).

I want Anderson to return as a LHW, would be awesome

There are 8 divisions.

25,35,45,55,70,85,205, and HW

It doesn't matter what the Brazilian to American ratio is, if they were the best fighters in the world they would hold more than 1 out of the 8 belts.

haha you can't judge which country has the best fighters in the world by who holds what title belts, there are only 8 of them.

You should take the top 20 ranked in each division, seperate them by nationality, then take the percentage of each nationality against the percentage of overall fighters that nation has in the UFC. I don't know how Brazil would end up looking but it would be a much better way of judging who has the best fighters in the world than just by looking at who has what title belts. It wasn't that long ago when brazil had like 4 or 5 of the total ufc belts you know?

Chael making new fans by stroking egos, can't fault him for that.

But if we look at this objectively, there's no way that's right.

8 American Champs - 1 Brazilian
7 American top 10 P4P - 3 Brazilian
53 American Top 10 fighters (all weight classes combined) - 20 Brazilian

Best fighters? Using what definition?

This is proof of how stupid your average MMA fan is today. Especially Sonnen fans. There were droves of people on this board who swore that Sonnen risked being badly injured or killed by crazy Brazilan fans. They whined about how irresponsible Dana would be to ever make Sonnen fight in Brazil, because he was universally hated there.

There were hundreds, or even thousands, of posters shouting from the rooftops about the dangers of holding events in Brazil. As if the multiple events held there with no violence were not enough proof, now the so called "most hated" man in Brazil has lived there for months in complete safety.

Do any of you who preached this foolishness have the balls to admit how gullible and naive you are? Are you capable of admitting that you bought into a really stupid idea, and then had the nerve to try to brainwash the rest of us with it?

Dude, don't expect a lot from Sherdog kids, most of them are not familiar with the real world. Many of them just go by what Dana says, what they watch on tv, videos games and things of the sort.

haha you can't judge which country has the best fighters in the world by who holds what title belts, there are only 8 of them.

You should take the top 20 ranked in each division, seperate them by nationality, then take the percentage of each nationality against the percentage of overall fighters that nation has in the UFC. I don't know how Brazil would end up looking but it would be a much better way of judging who has the best fighters in the world than just by looking at who has what title belts. It wasn't that long ago when brazil had like 4 or 5 of the total ufc belts you know?

And they still only have 1 belt out of 8 divisions making them not even close to the best fighters.

You know?

... Except for they're not.

Brazilians have the best techniques and coaches? WTF, am I missing something? Since the Chute Boxe days and before, Brazilians have been know for training like crazy people.

Maybe I would take Chael's word on this more if he actually trained at a top flight American gym... Mr. "I don't do camps - camp is for kids." Give me a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back