Chael: MMA fighters are crybabies

DGT4NOW

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He was a guest on Stone Cold Steve Austins podcast on Thursday (LINK)

He said the fighters are too afraid to be disliked & be true heels.

His exact quote "we have the toughest guys in the world & they are a bunch of crybabies"

Listening to the rest of the interview now (this was close to the beginning) & the two of them are very entaining

Not a good thing to say Chael. Not after your losses due to tapping from strikes.

That guy tapped so often he can get a show on Broadway, and he calls other fighters crybabies?

i think he has a point - people should just be much bigger assholes and get attention - the ones who do it get notoriety fast - i think what holds them back is their fear of public scrutiny (as people take what they say seriously and bring endless negativity their way) - but that attention will make them more money - people are dumb and start barking like dogs quickly, use that sht to your advantage and make more money - to an extent, there is mean reversion in fighting over a long period of time, you will win some and you will lose some - the mma crowd is hater filled, they are desperate to hate someone or something, just be that person and you'll make cash - bethe is a good example, she is the laughter of the mma community but she made money and now shes back at it again, and she'll make more money

i think he has a point - people should just be much bigger assholes and get attention - the ones who do it get notoriety fast - i think what holds them back is their fear of public scrutiny (as people take what they say seriously and bring endless negativity their way) - but that attention will make them more money - people are dumb and start barking like dogs quickly, use that sht to your advantage and make more money

100%.

and people will hate them no matter what they do, because mma fans dont like mma fighters for some reason.

look at some of the posts in this thread so far lol. no matter what chael said, he'd be hated on.

is he pretending he was some sort of heel in his ufc career in this interview?

100%.

and people will hate them no matter what they do, because mma fans dont like mma fighters for some reason.

look at some of the posts in this thread so far lol. no matter what chael said, he'd be hated on.

well, he is a quitter. im just saying the truth

i think he has a point - people should just be much bigger assholes and get attention - the ones who do it get notoriety fast - i think what holds them back is their fear of public scrutiny (as people take what they say seriously and bring endless negativity their way) - but that attention will make them more money - people are dumb and start barking like dogs quickly, use that sht to your advantage and make more money - to an extent, there is mean reversion in fighting over a long period of time, you will win some and you will lose some - the mma crowd is hater filled, they are desperate to hate someone or something, just be that person and you'll make cash - bethe is a good example, she is the laughter of the mma community but she made money and now shes back at it again, and she'll make more money

100% spot on

is he pretending he was some sort of heel in his ufc career in this interview?

I don't think 'pretending' as much as embracing it
His whole point was to not be afraid to get people mad

100% spot on

I don't think 'pretending' as much as embracing it
His whole point was to not be afraid to get people mad

got not problem of being heels, if theyre just like having a persona and not exactly being the scum of the earth

It's too bad Chael is retired.
There were quite a few good fights for him at MW, and I would have also loved to see him wearing the Reebok uniform.

This has nothing to do with what he is saying....

actually the irony is apparent here - people are desperate to hate and cut other people down - it makes them feel better about their 20k a year job and ugly / nonexistent woman - so give them something to cut down and hate and they will show up to watch you lose, that counts as being a draw - at least more than most fighters would be otherwise - most fighters just want to thank god and be humble, and i can understand that, but they arent giving the mob what they want and they dont make money then

Not a good thing to say Chael. Not after your losses due to tapping from strikes.

He doesn't go crying about it so I'm not sure what your point is.

He knew he was defeated and instead of going to unconscious for your sick pleasure he did the grown up thing and admitted defeat.

You guys all care so much about the fighters, but you sure have some sick beliefs in regards to their physical health.

Fighters should get paid more so I can watch them get beat to near death!!

I'm going to have to give this a listen.

Back