Chael: I've used PEDs & I believe in a clean sport. I'm a hypocrite but I'm not wrong

I'm a huge fan of Chael's personality.

IMO Chael is the best interview in the history of sports..actually in the history of man.

But come on Chael, you shmooped us all.

You accused others of being dirty, while you were dirty all along.

All theses guys who were accused of taking, or tested positive for steroids, are the ones who have low testosterone now.

Without peds, Chael probably would have been fighting in Japan himself, with a referee wearing a earpiece...Taking a dive for Wanderlei Silva or Cro Cop.

Regardless, I wish Chael was still around. It's just not the same without him.

Lol as if we're supposed to believe EPO and HGH helped with his fertility. Come on Chael

Dana has to be on that list too. Because it's because of him that talk got Chael those title shots.

Chael earned every title shot he was given except one.

He physically dominated Dan Miller, Nate Marquardt, and Yushin Okami consecutively with excellent wrestling and takedowns. His only loss came in the Maia fight. Before that he beat Paulo Filho in what should have been his first major promotional title. His title shot was warranted.

After dominating Anderson Silva for 4+ rounds, he reaffirmed his status as a serious contender by putting a clinic on Bryan Stann. He should have fought Silva again then but instead had a good bout with Bisping following the Stann fight. Again, his title shot was warranted.

From 2010 - 2013 Chael exemplified a great deal of improvement in his submission defense, subs, and particularly his striking. It's really weird how people write him off as an exposed mediocre fighter that was never elite. In 2011, NO ONE said stuff like that. He legitimately was an excellent mixed martial artist who had a wrestling pedigree as well as the discipline and tenacity to make it in MMA. It's the same revisionist bullshit that people claim about Lesnar.

For a guy who's irrelevant he sure is making a lot of haters cry. Even now...gotten to.

Used to like chael... but at this point he's just trying so hard to make himself relevant. it's sad

I think he's actually saying that someone fighting tomorrow is taking PEDs. Look at how he presented the topic:

Why specifically mention UFC 182?

The whole thing just reeks of narcissistic verbal diarrhea.

Clean sport lol ........ok. So is the tour de France I heard.

but... a lot of the amazing stuff athletes do to make their bodies almost superhuman does not trickle down to john q public because it's hidden away and kept secret thanks to the fact that it's considered cheating.

If there was no such thing as cheating and athletes could not only do whatever they wanted but do so openly and legally then scientist could study them and release the data and then the safe stuff could eventually be used more and more by the general public

Calling bullshit here... Steroids and Testosterone are prescribed to average people every day.... It's not cheating... They are sick or weak and the drugs help that, both short and long term for some.

Chael's justifications don't apply to you or me... We can get a potent prescription tomorrow if we need it.

Well said Chael. Definitely writes and thinks well... I can always appreciate nuance.

Waaaaah steroids on sherdog

Waaaaaa my opinion is important waaaahh

White knight steroids are evil waaaaahhhhh

it's easy to be honest with your fighting career being over.

I wonder if he feels bad that he took money and opportunities away from other fighters while cheating?

I don't follow the Lee analogy at all.

For all the good DFW supposedly did for the growth of MMA, he may have hurt the sport more in the long run. Bruce Lee has critics who say the same thing about him. Yes he brought mainstream attention to his art, but with it he brought a lot of misconceptions that jade how people view martial arts even now.

For all the good DFW supposedly did for the growth of MMA, he may have hurt the sport more in the long run. Bruce Lee has critics who say the same thing about him. Yes he brought mainstream attention to his art, but with it he brought a lot of misconceptions.

Misconceptions? Such as? My understanding of him was that he was more of an iconoclast within TMA circles. He wasn't representing MA so much as himself. And who has done a better job than him, really?

I also don't see how DW hurt the sport when he lead the UFC to saving the sport, making it at least more than a side note in history.

Chael earned every title shot he was given except one.

He physically dominated Dan Miller, Nate Marquardt, and Yushin Okami consecutively with excellent wrestling and takedowns. His only loss came in the Maia fight. Before that he beat Paulo Filho in what should have been his first major promotional title. His title shot was warranted.

After dominating Anderson Silva for 4+ rounds, he reaffirmed his status as a serious contender by putting a clinic on Bryan Stann. He should have fought Silva again then but instead had a good bout with Bisping following the Stann fight. Again, his title shot was warranted.

From 2010 - 2013 Chael exemplified a great deal of improvement in his submission defense, subs, and particularly his striking. It's really weird how people write him off as an exposed mediocre fighter that was never elite. In 2011, NO ONE said stuff like that. He legitimately was an excellent mixed martial artist who had a wrestling pedigree as well as the discipline and tenacity to make it in MMA. It's the same revisionist bullshit that people claim about Lesnar.
Yeah right, "earned". Same as McG will have earned a title shot by beating Siver. MW division was weak enough that beating Miller, Marquardt, and Okami got him the first title shot, then beating Stann and Bisoing got him the second one. I won't bother looking up Stann and Bisping's records or ranks at the time, they weren't top 5 guys. In 2011, people were saying Chael LnP'd his way to nearly winning a decision over Anderson. They also weren't saying he was a roid abuser.

He actually touched on a lot of important subjects. Whether there is a level playing field, the competitive and non-competitive advantages, the extra things you have to do when on them, how even with them there is so much work that still has to be done to be a champ, some of the reasons/rationalizations a fighter might use to justify taking them, the effects it has on someone's legacy/reputation, etc.

Of course that would require the reader to be capable of a more in-depth discussions and of separating the message from the messenger.

Yeah right, "earned". Same as McG will have earned a title shot by beating Siver. MW division was weak enough that beating Miller, Marquardt, and Okami got him the first title shot, then beating Stann and Bisoing got him the second one. I won't bother looking up Stann and Bisping's records or ranks at the time, they weren't top 5 guys. In 2011, people were saying Chael LnP'd his way to nearly winning a decision over Anderson. They also weren't saying he was a roid abuser.

Nate Marquardt was the #2 MW in the world when Chael beat him. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back