Chael: I've used PEDs & I believe in a clean sport. I'm a hypocrite but I'm not wrong

What really pi**** me off is when he used to talk about Lance like he was clean . I never liked him never will .

All Chael does is talk, because anywhere he has ever traveled he's been chauffeured by his mouth. The only destination his skills have taken him is irrelevant ville.

One of the most obnoxious people I've ever seen in the industry in the 10+ years I've been watching.

All Chael does is talk, because anywhere he has ever traveled he's been chauffeured by his mouth. The only destination his skills have taken him is irrelevant ville.

One of the most obnoxious people I've ever seen in the industry in the 10+ years I've been watching.

Dana has to be on that list too. Because it's because of him that talk got Chael those title shots.

Dana has to be on that list too. Because it's because of him that talk got Chael those title shots.

True, but I see Dana in a different light than Chael. Dana is the head of a large business. You're not going to find too many guys running a large business who aren't pricks. He is concerned with money, 100 percent. He's just sort of a generic prick business man to me.

Chael over the years has gone well out of his way to be a lying, fake, obnoxious, loudmouth, money launderer.

Would love to have a beer with Dana. Wouldn't even be in the same bar as Chael.

Being a hypocrite would entail that he is not being genuine in condemning PEDs, actually. I know that many use the term as being simply inconsistent but it doesn't mean that, strictly speaking. But, yes, he's a hypocrite by both definitions in my book. I don't think he gives a rat's ass about the sport or other fighters, just himself and maybe a select few friends.

True, but I see Dana in a different light than Chael. Dana is the head of a large business. You're not going to find too many guys running a large business who aren't pricks. He is concerned with money, 100 percent. He's just sort of a generic prick business man to me.

Chael over the years has gone well out of his way to be a lying, fake, obnoxious, loudmouth, money launderer.

Would love to have a beer with Dana. Wouldn't even be in the same bar as Chael.

That makes your judgement of Chael pretty worthless if you forgive the generic prick business man for all the bad he does but can't forgive Chael for playing the game.

Used to like chael... but at this point he's just trying so hard to make himself relevant. it's sad

That makes your judgement of Chael pretty worthless if you forgive the generic prick business man for all the bad he does but can't forgive Chael for playing the game.

To our knowledge Dana hasn't broken contracts, legally cheated, gone back on his legally binding word, etc.

How do you know it was because of Dana, and not Joe Silva or even Lorenzo Fertitta?

To our knowledge Dana hasn't broken contracts, legally cheated, gone back on his legally binding word, etc.

If legality is all we're worried about, then sure. But law doesn't equal justice or right. Meanwhile, he has lied, played fans for fools, derided fans for having opinions that disagree with his, treated his employees like sh*t, and done some terrible things to the sport of MMA. A good comparison for the effect of DFW on MMA is Bruce Lee's effect on the martial arts in the mainstream. Exposure is good, but the wrong kind of exposure has lasting ill effects.

If legality is all we're worried about, then sure. But law doesn't equal justice or right. Meanwhile, he has lied, played fans for fools, derided fans for having opinions that disagree with his, treated his employees like sh*t, and done some terrible things to the sport of MMA. A good comparison for the effect of DFW on MMA is Bruce Lee's effect on the martial arts in the mainstream. Exposure is good, but the wrong kind of exposure has lasting ill effects.

I don't follow the Lee analogy at all.

Blah, blah, blah

Go back to irrelevancy chael. Nobody cares what you gotta say

Actually a lot of people, including myself do. Chael is the only guy I've ever seen that got busted for PED's and said "I'm not sorry."

I blame the fans who generate the demand for that shit. If they didn't want it like they apparently do, Dana and the UFC wouldn't reward fighters for giving it to them.

Wow, love the honesty and quality of writing. Gotta respect the transparency.

Prolly gunna get trolled but.......

.....IMO fighters train too much, and the abuse they put there body's thru is there own fault. This is why so many fighters get hurt during training. I hate floyd mayweather, but atleast he's smart enough to train the right way - if your hurting yourself training, your training the wrong way.

I actually agree. And I think most fighters would actually get better results and get injured less if they trained a little less. I think the main reason guys gas in a real fight is because they train too hard, as opposed to not hard enough, like most people think. There's a catabolic/anabolic balance that must be maintained within the body and if you're training 6 hours a day, 5 days a week (or more) then you body is in a constant catabolic states and hence the need for PEDs in the first place (anabolic steroids, for example, are called as much because they help the body get through the anabolic processes more efficiently).

Most of the strength and conditioning guys these teams bring in are shit as well, pushing bullshit protocols that are needlessly complicated and lead to further overtraining.

Every sport is full of PEDs. This should be common knowledge.

I have worked out harder than anyone I have known, and at my peak, some people assumed I was on steroids, but I couldn't get my body anywhere near the look of these steroid athletes.

I haven't taken anything, and I have good genes.

Same here. It pisses me off when people state that people who don't look like they're on steroids just need to "train harder." I've tried just a number of protocols and busted my ass on all of them and I never looked like a professional athlete. Hell, professional athletes from the 70s and 80s don't look like professional athletes today, and we know a bunch of the guys from the 70s/80s were on PEDs even then.

I look good. I have a body better than most and a 4-pack, I can do pull-ups and dips with more than a hundred pounds, but I never looked like "beastmode." Some people have great genetics and might be able to pull it off, but the vast majority of people are being hoodwinked.

I actually got my best results doing high intensity/heavy duty protocols 1-2x/week, instead of living in the gym like I did for portions of my life.

Chael's always been a huge hypocrite. He kicked Wand when he was down and then promptly got busted for the same shit. Same thing with Lance Armstrong. He never lets the truth get in the way of a good soundbite. I'm not a Chael hater either. I've certainly been entertained by some of his antics over the years, I appreciate his mic skills, I've even liked some of his fights. But it is what it is.

Back