Chael is first class "gatekeeper." Agree?

2fast2see

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Lost to Anderson 2x
Lost to Bones
Lost to Anthony Johnson?

This will prove true if he loses to Johnson.

He's fighting Johnson?

I too figured I must have missed something. I saw this and thought "I knew that Vitor fight wasn't going to happen July 5th" would be excited for a Rumble fight too, damn you TSer for getting my hopes up.

Agreed. Still absolutely amazed by how well he did against Ando the first time.

Chael is a gatekeeper, but a good one. Chael can beat good competition, but he easily folds once he's in danger.

Agreed. Still absolutely amazed by how well he did against Ando the first time.

Just goes to show that styles make fights, Chaels not a top fighter, but his strengths played into Andys weaknesses to the point that he is capable of beating him.

I favor Jones over Gus, but I worry that he isn't the same story. Feel like there is a chance Gus is nothing more than a good (not top) level fighter who has a weird skill set that matches up poorly with Jones unique set of tools.

How can you be a gatekeeper when you fight nothing but former champions for the most part?

How is he a gatekeeper when every opponent is through the gates?

he's only a gatekeeper at 205

at 185 he could still probably make top 5 and definitely is a top 10

with a new champ at 185 he'll likely find his way to another shitle tot

I disagree, he got some oppotunities and he took them. Unfortunately he lost to AS and Bones, although he could (and should) have won the first AS fight.
I don't think it would be fair to label him a gatekeeper.

I think future Chael is a gatekeeper, right now he has a #1 cntender fight coming up.

Back