Chael: Henry Cejudo makes me so mad...

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Cliffs:

-Cejudo says he is fighting for something bigger than himself. He is fighting for the flyweights. He wants to keep the division alive.
-Also cejudo in the post fight cage interview: brb i want my next fight to be a rematch at bantamweight, im exiting the division.

<LikeReally5>

If there is literally nothing interesting in the FW division right now and the next best thing is going to the division above, you just made it clear why the flyweights have no reason to stay.

Cejudo shot himself in the foot.

Last edited:
> Cejudo not giving a fuck about your thread on his way to double champ status

tenor.gif

Who gives a fuck
Edit: poster above edited his original comment which was only this

Exactly....

You just made the point of letting FW go even stronger

I think you and cejudo should hang out together.

Listen, im not saying i want the flyweights to go away, im just saying there is truth to what chael brings up. He mentioned the same thing on ESPNs post fight show with ariel and okamoto and they both agreed, even though they dont want the FW to go away. Thats all.

Last edited:
Exactly....

You just made chaels point even stronger

I think you and cejudo should hang out together

I would like that. We could say general statements together and then laugh for unnecessarily long periods of time afterwards.

The next fight SHOULD be at 135 though, he just beat the sitting champ there and has a claim to the belt, if they try to fuck him by saying he has to fight TJ again at 125 (a pathetic attempt at a do-over by Dana & co to force this double champ thing) that's an insult to the sport. One guy defended his belt, now if they run it back the other guy should defend the other belt, that's literally the only thing that makes sense.

As for flyweights he just proved they can hold their own in the UFC, that doesn't mean he has to fight at 125 the rest of his career. The shilling by MMA media is out of this world since the ESPN deal, like they're not allowed to point out the bias and favoritism around this whole thing in TJ's favor.

Cliffs:

-Cejudo says he is fighting for something bigger than himsvelf. He is fighting for the flyweights. He wants to keep the division alive.
Also cejudo in the post fight cage interview: brb i want my next fight to be a rematch at bantamweight, im exiting the division.

<LikeReally5>

If there is literally nothing interesting in the FW division right now and your next the best thing is going to the division above, you just made it clear why the flyweights have no reason to stay.

Umm if he fights at 135 he gets a chance to be "champ champ" like TJ did tonight. Lol. He isn't implying he's abandoning the divison or discrediting it at all. He just wants the same opportunity he gave TJ.

Makes sense.
That said, it was tj vs Henry...
They both don’t come off as Rhode Scholars.

He’s right though.

Cejudo did the equivalent of telling a higher-up at work that he is critical to the success of the new project, and then scheduling a two-week vacation to start at the same time.

Sorry for the offtopic but MM is a real FW champion. So what Cejudo does now isn´t worth a fuck.

The next fight SHOULD be at 135 though, he just beat the sitting champ there and has a claim to the belt, if they try to fuck him by saying he has to fight TJ again at 125 (a pathetic attempt at a do-over by Dana & co to force this double champ thing) that's an insult to the sport. One guy defended his belt, now if they run it back the other guy should defend the other belt, that's literally the only thing that makes sense.

As for flyweights he just proved they can hold their own in the UFC, that doesn't mean he has to fight at 125 the rest of his career. The shilling by MMA media is out of this world since the ESPN deal, like they're not allowed to point out the bias and favoritism around this whole thing in TJ's favor.

- Rematch at 135 in May/June
- If Henry wins re-match, Henry defends 135 belt in September/October
- Henry defends 125 belt again in January 2020, once some new, clear contenders emerge and have been built

There's nobody beating down the door for a title shot at 125, so the division can afford to be "held up" for a bit, to re-set and re-build.

I think a rematch at bantamweight will be sick :p

- Rematch at 135 in May/June
- If Henry wins re-match, Henry defends 135 belt in September/October
- Henry defends 125 belt again in January 2020, once some new, clear contenders emerge and have been built

There's nobody beating down the door for a title shot at 125, so the division can afford to be "held up" for a bit, to re-set and re-build.

<TrumpWrong1>

Ever heard of Joey Benavidez? He already has a win over Cejudo and he should fight him next

Cliffs:

-Cejudo says he is fighting for something bigger than himself. He is fighting for the flyweights. He wants to keep the division alive.
-Also cejudo in the post fight cage interview: brb i want my next fight to be a rematch at bantamweight, im exiting the division.

<LikeReally5>

If there is literally nothing interesting in the FW division right now and your next the best thing is going to the division above, you just made it clear why the flyweights have no reason to stay.

wrong he just wants two belts. everybody would like to do that.
chael never hold any belt on his waist.

Back