Chael doesn't think Aldo should get a rematch after declining McGregor fight: You gotta be ready

Sonen was a favourite son, he got too many title shots because he was a big draw. Aldo doesn't have those same luxuries unless he wins wins wins

I think Jose looks bad here for not speaking the truth though

This is everyone's issue with the situation. If Jose would have never said this hardly anyone would be hating on him. Of course some still would because well this is sherdog but the vast majority would agree that he needs to take his time off and just recover from the KO.

Yes he would have, coming off a KO loss where he isn't even medically cleared. Going up in weight against a much larger McGregor now.

Aldo would not be prepared. You can keep lying to yourself but it doesnt change the fact that Aldo needs a full camp to fight McGregor.
Well tell him to keep his mouth shut and don't go on saying " anytime, anywhere". Makes him like an idiot.

Easy for sonnen to say that..

Chael was always ready to fight- he volunteered to fight Jones as a last-minute replacement ffs.

Chael was ready anytime and anywhere. The dude was juiced to the gills but he never pussied out of a high-profile fight-Marquadt, Okami, Jones- fought all of them on short notice.

I agree

He wants a shot earn it now ... Fight three guys to get that shot

I would agree with Chael here, but he got fucking humiliated by Jon Jones in less than a minute.

I guess Aldo doesn't want what happened in Jones vs Chael.

There was 27 seconds left in the round, if Chael had somehow survived he would've been Champ as well cos of the broken toe.

Ah what could've been... Imagine the trash talking!

chael-1404256201.jpg
Aldo got knocked out.

Sonnen got made into a cheap hooker in less than a minute. I've never seen someone cover up and give up so easily. Sonnen got made into a bitch.
You caught Chael in your girls DM's didn't you?

It's already been said a lot, Aldo has been on medical suspension and hasn't been allowed contact training this entire time and his manager is the one who said he can't take the fight. He was not allowed to "stay ready".

Of course he did, he was never champ and was stepping in for big money fights he didn't deserve. He had nothing to lose.

Aldo wasn't allowed contact training until January 27th, and was suspended from fighting until February 11th. So he's been allowed to have contact for 4 weeks from the time of being cleared until the announcement that RDA was pulling out - over 5 weeks from the time of the fight. So actually, he could stay ready, at least to some degree. It would be totally understandable if he decided to take a break for a bit, but he's the one who was talking it up like he was staying ready to step in in this fight and wanted to fight Conor anytime anywhere. So he really has no one to blame but himself for looking bad now.

Aldo is right for not taking the fight.

That's why he should have kept quiet, instead of calling Conor out 'anywhere anytime'. The UFC will make him pay for his stupidity.

Back