Media Chael - Conrad has never had power, he sold the illusion of power.

RNC555

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To all the fans claiming/claimed that colin runs the UFC, lets look at the facts.
- he asked for a share of the business and never got it.
- hes begging for fights atm and hes not getting them.

The business is always bigger than the athlete. Fanboys never got the memo.

I think Chael didn't mean it as in insult to Conor as the title suggests, if anything he praised Conor for being able to sell that to the public.... He's actually shitting on Jon here lol

I think Chael didn't mean it as in insult to Conor as the title suggests
Its an insult to the IQ of all the fanboys that kept repeating for years that Conman was actually running the show.

Just like in the floyd fight, hes a scam artist making people believe stuff that dont exist.

Not even a Conor fan at all.. but Chael is useless af.

He just comes up with the most outlandish headlines to get clicks for revenue

His talks provide literally no useful insight into anything pertaining to the sport.

To all the fans claiming/claimed that colin runs the UFC, lets look at the facts.

Ahnnn nah not touching that aids.

Conor is a cunt but the man has power and more than that it’s the sheer accuracy and punch selection that made him such a nightmare. Not to mention striking with discipline.

All of these things Chael never learned or could possibly understand.

If Conor never fought again I’d be happy because he’s a bad image for mma.

Chael on the other hand, whilst I was a fan as a fighter he is now simply just a has been.

I’d rather he and Cuck Thomas just disappear because they add nothing to the sport.

Last edited:
Its an insult to the IQ of all the fanboys that kept repeating for years that Conman was actually running the show.

Just like in the floyd fight, hes a scam artist making people believe stuff that dont exist.
That got him where he is.

Almost every fighter talks like they're the shit, predict 1st rd KO's even if they never had any; if people beieve them it's on their own.
His trash talk was enough to make Aldo and Eddie fight with emotion and to make Brendan Schaub and many fans think Conor would beat Floyd with his MMA angles.

I thought he was referring to punching power - a myth that evaporated quickly after only winning by decision over his 80 year old opponent in the recent pub brawl.

I don’t think Conor had power. He doesn’t seem strong in general.

He beat opponents with great timing and shot placement. Like aldo for example.

More favouritism than any fighter has ever had had just as well mean power, because that it was Conor has had.

They gave him guys like Siver and Brandao to beat in places like Boston and Ireland. They gave him a full championship walk out in his second fight to create an aura of importance. Lorenzo Fertitta let him stay at his own mansion where they posed for pictures together drinking cocktails by the pool. They give him smoke machines and brought in Sinead O'Connor. They gave him a title shot at Lightweight before he had even defended the Featherweight title and let him sit out with that belt for long enough to grab another, even though it was obvious he was never going back to Featherweight (and they had previously told Aldo that he's need to drop one belt before fighting for another). If you don't think the UFC want him to win and try to stack the deck in his favour, you're not paying attention. That is a kind of power most fighters do not have.

He also knows that nobody will turn down the payday he offers, so he can pick and choose an opponent months in advance of even offering them the fight. We're only seeing guys scoff at his talk now because they don't want to look silly taking the bait in public, but every one of those guys would take that payday if they could get it.

Chael is taking "power" to mean "Conor runs the UFC" and is refuting that, but Conor doesn't need to run the UFC if he and the UFC have the same goals.

I dont blame him for the try. He had a plan. He had a vision and tried to make it happen,but he revealed himself to be not strong or suitable enough to wield that kind of power. A guy like Dana White is seen as unprofessional for the gruff up front east coast manner in which he speaks,but hes not a fuck up at all like Conor is. Not even close. You dont ever hear about Dana getting in trouble. I think Conor will always be tormented by the fact that he never got the share,and that its his fault,really. He overplayed his hand and everyone saw him get smacked for it. Tough pill. Khabib dominating him. Tough pill. Now all this other mess.

He mixes lies with the truth.

I wont say he's useless. But you cant really trust anything that he says. He's like the Devil.

Conor is not a scam artist. He definitley believes he can win. Khabib is the first guy i seen that really made him doubt himself before the fight happened.

Chael has a difficult balance to find. He can sit as the Non-PR, no spin, straight down the line guy as much as he wants when it comes to the fight game as a whole. He can break down fights from angles that are not often done in the media by former fighters. He has a bigger platform, the he really did build himself. His punditry follows on perfectly from his pro fight career and persona.

But when he's commenting on a fighter that beat him. A fighter that he genuinely had no business sharing a cage with. Shitting on him looks awful. He just comes off bitter every time he opens his mouth.

Jon Jones hardly fought in the 2 years before his fight with Gus.....And the division was as cleaned out as it was before he left. His problem isn't that no one wants to see him fight. It's that he left the division so cleaned out when he went that in 2 years it wasn't able to rebuild to the extent that there would be people who stand a chance of beating him.

It's an amazing feat. The more Chael goes this route, the worse he looks

Chael speaking the truth.
Both Conor and Jon suck.

Chael has a difficult balance to find. He can sit as the Non-PR, no spin, straight down the line guy as much as he wants when it comes to the fight game as a whole. He can break down fights from angles that are not often done in the media by former fighters. He has a bigger platform, the he really did build himself. His punditry follows on perfectly from his pro fight career and persona.

But when he's commenting on a fighter that beat him. A fighter that he genuinely had no business sharing a cage with. Shitting on him looks awful. He just comes off bitter every time he opens his mouth.

Jon Jones hardly fought in the 2 years before his fight with Gus.....And the division was as cleaned out as it was before he left. His problem isn't that no one wants to see him fight. It's that he left the division so cleaned out when he went that in 2 years it wasn't able to rebuild to the extent that there would be people who stand a chance of beating him.

It's an amazing feat. The more Chael goes this route, the worse he looks
Its ok if its jon tho.

Imo

I originally thought the title of the thread was talking about power as in knockout power.

Conor definitely had some pull and called the shots on his own fights when he was on top. But he didn't "run the UFC".

It's weird that the title is about Conor but it's actually a video about Jon Jones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back