Chael calls himself the villain but do you really see him as one?

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't. I know he says it all the time but he doesn't seem like a villain type of person.

I see him as a fighter who knows how to get paid.

Meh he comes off more like a jackass in my opinion, not too villainous just really opinionated.

I see him as a fighter who knows how to get paid.
This.

Chael is not a bad guy. In fact, he's the complete opposite. But he knows that won't put asses in the seats.

He plays the villain yet everyone likes him

Nah. He's a liar, a criminal and a cheater, but I wouldn't call him a villain.

It's just a schtick he does to sell tickets to the casual fans.
Outside the cage he's a super-nice guy, miles away from his UFC persona.

I just watched his media scrum from a few hours ago; the Brazilian press was wrapped around his finger. He's not a bad guy at all; he just loves the attention. he was a mid-tier barely-recognizable fighter until he decided to start speaking up back in 2009. chael is just a smart guy with a sharp tongue who saw an opportunity. I remember him from back in 2005-6; he's always had a mouth on him but just never put it to work.

or maybe he's just a full-blown sociopath.

I just watched his media scrum from a few hours ago; the Brazilian press was wrapped around his finger. He's not a bad guy at all; he just loves the attention. he was a mid-tier barely-recognizable fighter until he decided to start speaking up back in 2009. chael is just a smart guy with a sharp tongue who saw an opportunity. I remember him from back in 2005-6; he's always had a mouth on him but just never put it to work.

or maybe he's just a full-blown sociopath.

Got a link?

He did say some semi-villainous stuff towards Brazilians, but he seems to be keeping it fairly mellow these days. Like... he's got everyone's attention, mission accomplished, and now he can tone it down a notch. I don't seem him as a villian, but he isn't a hero either, just a slick talker who has gotten most of what he wanted: money, job security and minor fame.

200px-Mike_goldberg.jpg

It's just a character he portrays.
If you want to see the real Sonnen, watch him on TUF and become friends with him. Chael has to play that role to get people interested. Let's be honest, no one cared for Chael when he was silent and getting subbed left and right. The fact that he talks sh*t and almost beat Anderson adds to his popularity.

Last edited:
I view chael as a hero, he makes me proud to be american even though I'm british

Not really, it is just an act. Tito Ortiz is a villian, the guy is just an all around d-bag.

I see him as a fighter who tries to sell a fight based on what he says.

I think he's a good guy. If you'd watch the entire Joe Rogan podcast where Chael is on as a guest you really get another opinion about the guy.

Who are we kidding, dude is getting PAID $$$$$$$$

Paid$$$$&$$

Nah, he has a chance to defeat all of Brasizlz.

That is epic.

Back