Chad will show up to fight. Frankie will show up to do cardio drills

Fabio Maldanado, Chris Lytle, Paul Taylor, Chris Leben, Ben Rothwell have all admitted to like taking damage. Search the forums, people have posted the interviews on here. I'm done talking about this with you, your more into trolling than having an actual discussion.

200 something dudes in the UFC you named 5. They also said they like taking damage not that they plan on taking damage. Not a single one of them goes "i am going to walk out there, get half knocked out, and then see what happens" You can keep splitting hairs because you are balls deep on frankie but you still havent made a valid point. Just spewed some bullshit and got angry.

Good old Sherdog, where if you don't take a punch to land a punch, you are running away.

It is called in and out movement, Frankie hits someone, then tries to get out of the way of their return fire.

Frankie seems to have hit his stride and finished two of his last 3 fights and completely dominated all three of them. Unmotivated or not BJ is still a tough out for any other fighter. Penn has taken rounds from GSP, Nick Diaz, Jon Fitch, Frankie, and a number of other top fighters. Still a good win in my book but everyone keep hating on Frankie for being a hardworking, tough SOB.

This. His fights with Oliveira, Penn, Swanson, and Faber should have proved this by now.

The Oliveira fight was relatively fun. His first fight with Penn was the last time BJ looked like an elite fighter, and it was a horrific point kickboxing display by Edgar where he danced away with a controversial decision.

He point kick boxed Swanson and wrestled-fkd him and sat in his guard for minutes at a time. The Faber fight might be the worst possible example of point fighting.

Good old Sherdog, where if you don't take a punch to land a punch, you are running away.

It is called in and out movement, Frankie hits someone, then tries to get out of the way of their return fire.

Frankie seems to have hit his stride and finished two of his last 3 fights and completely dominated all three of them. Unmotivated or not BJ is still a tough out for any other fighter. Penn has taken rounds from GSP, Nick Diaz, Jon Fitch, Frankie, and a number of other top fighters. Still a good win in my book but everyone keep hating on Frankie for being a hardworking, tough SOB.

I'm going to disagree with you some here.

Frankie's 1st win over BJ Penn was a good showing but an absolute robbery and involves one of the craziest judges in MMA history who has a habit of going all rounds to no rounds in the opposite direction of reality. Karmically this has sorted itself out as Frankie lost a couple decisions he probably should have won later on.

Frankie's 2nd win over BJ was a VERY good showing. Clearly won the fight.

Frankie's 3rd win over BJ was meaningless. BJ looked like he had time travelled out of a black and white 3 stooges tv show and had zero business being in the cage. All he did for the entire fight was let Frankie beat on him. Win worth 0pts. That version of BJ would have lost to the top 20 in the weight class.

Chad will show up to get beat up standing still with his back against the cage like he does against Aldo and Conor.

I love all the conspiracy theories about 'protecting' McGregor. Firstly, that assumes he beats Aldo (I'm rooting for him, but who knows).

But on top of that, all we ever heard when McGregor got the title shot is 'why doesn't he fight Edgar or Mendes?', 'This is bullshit, it's gifted'. Meanwhile those same people now complain that these top contender's have to beat each other even though they've already had a title shot or two.

Right, I've never understood the whole bolded bit. People complain about Edgar getting "screwed" out of a title shot yet he's already had one vs Aldo, and lost

"deserving" aside, Frankie is on a nice win streak at the moment, and who knows, if he stays ready and Aldo pulls out again, it could be Edgar vs McGregor in December.

I'm going to disagree with you some here.

Frankie's 1st win over BJ Penn was a good showing but an absolute robbery and involves one of the craziest judges in MMA history who has a habit of going all rounds to no rounds in the opposite direction of reality. Karmically this has sorted itself out as Frankie lost a couple decisions he probably should have won later on.

Frankie's 2nd win over BJ was a VERY good showing. Clearly won the fight.

Frankie's 3rd win over BJ was meaningless. BJ looked like he had time travelled out of a black and white 3 stooges tv show and had zero business being in the cage. All he did for the entire fight was let Frankie beat on him. Win worth 0pts. That version of BJ would have lost to the top 20 in the weight class.

I respectfully disagree with your thoughts on the first fight. I felt it was a very close fight that Edgar edged out. However, I could easily see giving Penn the nod. A close fight does not necessitate a robbery. A robbery is Rampage vs Ninja or Kampmann vs Sanchez. A close fight is GSP vs Hendricks or Condit vs Ellenberger

I respectfully disagree with your thoughts on the first fight. I felt it was a very close fight that Edgar edged out. However, I could easily see giving Penn the nod. A close fight does not necessitate a robbery. A robbery is Rampage vs Ninja or Kampmann vs Sanchez. A close fight is GSP vs Hendricks or Condit vs Ellenberger

agreed with this post. I also thought Frankie won the 1st Penn fight even though the scoring was dog shit. Also props for bringing up Ninja Rampage. That was a scoring mystery I will never understand. That fight was one sided and pretty brutal.

Maybe a decade ago Lyoto was a point fighter. I wasn't watching. However, comparing their popularity has zero relevance to their styles. As far as being called a point fighter, so what? I have heard plenty of people call Lyoto a point fighter into the present, and it is egregiously and embarrassingly stupid.

The fact remains that in his last twenty fights or so he has been the exact opposite of a point fighter. He is one of the worst fighters in the UFC to compare to Frankie Edgar stylistically.

Also, in what ways to you think Edgar and Jones have a similar style? I'm not seeing it.

Who Frankie really compares to is GSP. Outwork, outthink, outclass. Have every skill in the book and use them all. Take the finish when it is there, never get stupid.

Fabio Maldanado, Chris Lytle, Paul Taylor, Chris Leben, Ben Rothwell have all admitted to like taking damage. Search the forums, people have posted the interviews on here. I'm done talking about this with you, your more into trolling than having an actual discussion.

And how many combined title shots?

A guy who actually had the balls fo fight at his real walk around weight against dudes twenty to thirty pounds heavier than him and has a legit anyone, anytime, anywhere attitude and people still talk shit.

#1) You don't know what a red herring is
#2) How do you excuse a win?
#3) I give credit to both fighters and analyze their records objectively
#4) You are a delusional fanboy and give Edgar fans a bad name
#5) This argument is over. There is absolutely no reason to discuss mma with someone who can't understand the difference between fighting elite competition and fighting scrubs. Goodbye

#2) How do you excuse a win?
Well, you think going 2-2 is better than going 4-0.

Lol. You just called Penn, Faber, Oliveira and Swanson scrubs.

You are not objective. You are dumb.

Frankies been in some wars, not sure where you've been.....

It takes two to tango as always.

I'm thinking this is going to be a hell of a fight.

A guy who actually had the balls fo fight at his real walk around weight against dudes twenty to thirty pounds heavier than him and has a legit anyone, anytime, anywhere attitude and people still talk shit.

To the best of my knowledge, Nick Diaz is the only fighter who has ever been forgiven for beating BJ Penn.

I hope Chad gets to have his title shot again with a full training camp but I'm pulling for Frankie in this one. Hate to see either guy lose but I've learned to never bet against Frankie. He's definitely become one of my favorite fighters.

No way Frankie engages or tries to fight. This will be a sprinting contest with Chad standing in the center of the octagon and Frankie avoiding action at all costs.

Frankie by split decision.

Frankie has 2 finishes in the last 3 fights with 1 being a performance of the night.

Not sure how he got those finishes by avoiding action at all cost..but hey maybe he is praying Mendes slips on the canvas and breaks his arm for the TKO win.

Frankie could barely beat Faber. I mean he won a clear decision but it was just nothing that screams this guy can beat Chad Mendes. If Frankie wins cool I would just be surprised to see that happen.

Frankie clearly won every single round. He landed twice as much as faber in each round, even three times as much in some rounds. How is that "barely"? He straight up out classed a rather beffudled, tentative faber.

I actually think Mendes will stop (or at least win a lopsided decision over) Frankie. People seem to forget that the Gray Maynard rematch was nearly 5 years ago and I sincerely doubt he can still recover from shots like that; especially considering Gray Maynard was never a serious finisher in his career. Edgar's schedule/level of competition at FW has been atrocious considering he's been there nearly 3 years now (not to mention he was basically the LW champ when he dropped down) and Mendes is easily his toughest opponent in years. Mendes TKO in Round 1

Faber and Cub swanson were real pushovers right?

Back