Chad Mendes "Yeah I've been training and keeping a decent shape" [New Video]

i thought he got a takedown in the opening seconds

we have very different descriptions of getting lit up

So basically exactly what I said? Lmao, I wasn't trying to figure out what was on a judge's scorecard, there isn't much guesswork involved. When your a bloody mess and your offense consists of casual chatting with your opponent and the ref ... ya lose son.

I wasn't talking to you. I know what you meant.

Mendes had round 1 in the scorecards.
I still don't give a shit about people's scorecard, and neither should you, since it ended in 2.

Why be mad about a fucking one round score card ?

Last edited:
Im very surprised that he trained at all for the fight,

I never seen him look so bad in a fight

He wasn't getting lit up from the moment the fight started lmao. MCG spent most of the fight on his back, he got busted open. Mendes won the first round and was winning the second until he made a silly mistake going for the sub. He gassed and then got lit up in the last few seconds of the fight.

I can't get over people scoring any of that fight for MCG based on effective chatting with Herb Dean begging for a standup. MCG offered virtually no resistence on those takedowns and had no way of getting up until Mendes gave him the opening off the ill advised sub attempt.

Conor wasn't busted open. He was cut with a nice elbow, and then Chad dug his fingers into the wound and ripped it open. He was warned 3+ times to not stick his fingers into the cut. Chad should have been penalized for it.

Now for the body work. Chad can pretend it didn't have an effect, but at 3:45 in the first round he eats a massive spinning kick to the gut. It had an effect. It was also the 8th body shot in the first minute and fifteen seconds. After that big body shot at 3:45 Chad couldn't really move and was just standing around for 25 seconds. Please Chad, explain why that body shot that you didn't feel caused you to not throw a strike and not move for almost a half minute...

I wish people would rewatch the fight and not rely on their memory.

Chael was winning every second of the first Silva fight right up until he got submitted.

The only thing that matters is whose hand gets raised at the end.

I'd like to see a rematch down the road, but I do think Conor would still KO him. Although Chad took the first, via take-downs and gnp, Conor did more damage overall on the feet throughout with his boxing and body shots. Chad slowed down a lot by the end of the first, and the second was mostly a repeat of the first, but after Conor got back to his feet near the end, Chad was to spent and hurt to defend the barrage of strikes that KO'd him.

Chad obviously wants another shot, and therefore has to downplay the effects of the body strikes as the reason for him slowing down so fast in a 2 round fight. What people should be asking is why a fighter, known for staying in decent shape, and was only three months removed from his last fight, be in such poor shape that he dramatically slowed inside of the first round? You would think he'd at least make it to the third before you start seeing obvious signs of slow down, but round 1? A round where you spent at least half the time on top of your opponent, who barely offered resistance off his back? And body strikes and pressure had nothing to do with it? I don't know, it sounds a little strange to me.

He was taking big breaths like 30 seconds in after taking a few shots.I say some of him slowing down may of been his shape.But getting punched in the head and kicked in the body had a definete effect

He wasn't getting lit up from the moment the fight started lmao. MCG spent most of the fight on his back, he got busted open. Mendes won the first round and was winning the second until he made a silly mistake going for the sub. He gassed and then got lit up in the last few seconds of the fight.

I can't get over people scoring any of that fight for MCG based on effective chatting with Herb Dean begging for a standup. MCG offered virtually no resistence on those takedowns and had no way of getting up until Mendes gave him the opening off the ill advised sub attempt.

Rewwatch that fight and get off mendes dick.

He got up from every takedown.And since he rocked chad in every round and was far and away the more impressive on the feet how do you not score that fight for him?

Round one i thought conor snatched it by visiby rocking him and landing the better shots.I think around 3.5 mins of that round was mendes backing up getting tagged at will.

Second round conor finished him

Result conor won both rounds

So in shape that it looked like he sold the fight.

What a pathetic statement.

Interesting. What did you think of Mendes raking at the cut?

In that exact same interview you are quoting he is "110%" blaming the short notice for his lack of cardio. He says the body kicks didn't sap his cardio and that they didn't hurt.

He says he was in shape, but not in optimal fight camp shape which is the argument that most sane people are making. He also said yeah he was going to hype the fight up with his pre fight comments.

So your source says the opposite of what you are trying to argue. Nice job...

He wasn't in shape to go even 2 rounds then? Another argument that 'sane' people like yourself should be accepting is that the strikes to the body did tire him out and hurt his gas tank, the constant takedown attempts and work Mcgregor made him do off his back did have an affect on his cardio...

It's hilarious people keep using this 'no full camp' argument. even with half a camp he should've been able to go 10 minutes, he couldn't, WHY IS THAT? Answer that goddamn question, one of you....

Who cares, this isn't Watergate or some kind of scandal that we need a shitload of evidence to argue over. He was stopped in the second round, he lost the fight and that's that. Life goes on and he has another fight lined up.

Chad just confirming what reasonable people already knew.

So basically exactly what I said? Lmao, I wasn't trying to figure out what was on a judge's scorecard, there isn't much guesswork involved. When your a bloody mess and your offense consists of casual chatting with your opponent and the ref ... ya lose son.

McGregor struggled against a short notice Mendes, fact. McGregor was unable to get Mendes off of him, fact. McGregor offered no resistance and Mendes got him down at will, fact. McGregor had the better gameplan, confidence, striking, cardio, and he won the fight. Fact. McGregor would have won the fight regardless of whether it was stopped in the second or not.

Conor-warriors, all I was disputing was the claim that Mendes got lit up from the opening bell. That is all.

img25239551.jpg

Absolutely #dominating the fight from this position, ya know, where he spent most of the fight.

You make good points...but the only thing that matters at the end of the fight is this...
chad-mendes-conor-mcgregor-mma-ufc-189-mendes-vs-mcgregor2-850x560.jpg

Rewwatch that fight and get off mendes dick.

He got up from every takedown.And since he rocked chad in every round and was far and away the more impressive on the feet how do you not score that fight for him?

Round one i thought conor snatched it by visiby rocking him and landing the better shots.I think around 3.5 mins of that round was mendes backing up getting tagged at will.

Second round conor finished him

Result conor won both rounds

Why are you making things up?

The whole Mendes not having a full camp would hold more weight if Conor ended it in the Championship rounds or later 3rd with him gassed, but Conor's pressure gassed him early. He was in decent shape and got finished with in two rounds.

I don't like McGregor but I dont see how anyone could give Mendes the first round. Conor clearly outstruck him and got up from the takedown almost immediately without Mendes doing anything with it. Yeah, Mendes was dominating the 2nd round till he got knocked out, but he lost the 1st round clearly.

Back